Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: Which driver combination will win the SuperCheap Auto Bathurst 1000?
#2 Pye/Luff WP HOLDEN 0 0%
#3 Russell/Douglas LDM HOLDEN 0 0%
#5 Winterbottom/Canto PRA FORD 0 0%
#6 Waters/Stanaway PRA FORD 2 4.00%
#7 T.Kelly/Le Brocq NisMo NISSAN 0 0%
#8 Percat/Jones BJR HOLDEN 0 0%
#9 Reynolds/Youlden Erebus HOLDEN 1 2.00%
#12 Coulthard/D'Alberto DJRTP FORD 2 4.00%
#14 Slade/Walsh BJR HOLDEN 1 2.00%
#15 R.Kelly/Wall NisMo NISSAN 0 0%
#17 McLaughlin/Premat DJRTP FORD 15 30.00%
#18 Holdsworth/Reindler CSR HOLDEN 0 0%
#19 W.Davison/Webb Tekno HOLDEN 0 0%
#21 Blanchard/Hazelwood TBR HOLDEN 0 0%
#22 Courtney/Perkins WP HOLDEN 1 2.00%
#23 Caruso/Fiore NisMo NISSAN 0 0%
#33 Tander/Golding GRM HOLDEN 3 6.00%
#34 Moffat/Muscat GRM HOLDEN 1 2.00%
#55 Mostert/Owen PRA FORD 5 10.00%
#56 Bright/Jacobson PRA FORD 1 2.00%
#62 Rullo/A.Davison LDM HOLDEN 0 0%
#78 de Silvestro/D.Russell NisMo NISSAN 0 0%
#88 Whincup/Dumbrell 888 HOLDEN 8 16.00%
#97 van Gisbergen/Campbell 888 HOLDEN 7 14.00%
#99 Wood/Pither Erebus 888 HOLDEN 1 2.00%
#888 Lowndes/Richards 888 HOLDEN 2 4.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 8 Oct 2017, 09:46 (Ref:3772965)   #251
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post

And even though Stanaway isn't ready for the main game according to some, I'd have been tempted to stick him in for the last stint. So too, Jacobsen.
Does that mean Mr Youlden carried the car for Mr Reynolds, I mean he ran in Super2 for a number of years, and Mr Reynolds didn't..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 8 Oct 2017, 09:48 (Ref:3772966)   #252
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillip Ireland View Post
Agree with that, surely all doubts must be removed after his performances at Sandown and here today. Mighty impressive.

BJR should certainly have stuck Heimgartner back in to replace Slade at their last stop, he looked to be in real trouble and appeared to have suffered badly when he got cooked at the GC a couple of years back. The duty-of-care brigade will have the keyboards tapping.
Yeah, I'm not sure why BJR kept Mr Slade in the car for so long. Mr Heimgartner is neither a dill, nor unfit, and minimum stint times would have surely been met. Seemed kind of reckless really.
Old 8 Oct 2017, 09:49 (Ref:3772967)   #253
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Does that mean Mr Youlden carried the car for Mr Reynolds, I mean he ran in Super2 for a number of years, and Mr Reynolds didn't..
Mr Reynolds did his time in Super2.
Old 8 Oct 2017, 10:10 (Ref:3772972)   #254
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Mr Reynolds did his time in Super2.
Only one year, not the expected 3...
Old 8 Oct 2017, 10:12 (Ref:3772973)   #255
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Yeah, I'm not sure why BJR kept Mr Slade in the car for so long. Mr Heimgartner is neither a dill, nor unfit, and minimum stint times would have surely been met. Seemed kind of reckless really.
Mr Slade undid the belts, looking to get out.
Unless Mr Heimgartner had a fitness issue not made clear.

Its not like he had loads of notice to get physically prepared for the race, and he did have a level of discomfort simply fitting into Mr Slade's seat too...
Old 8 Oct 2017, 11:11 (Ref:3772985)   #256
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Amazing race and results, kudos to the many unfancied cars that chipped away making fewer errors than the big names, including Erebus/Reynolds/Youlden.

Plenty of people will have missed the end seeing as it went so far over the original broadcast schedule (recording it), but that is what youtube is for I suppose.

Was it on here that people were complaining the race was boring because it ran green for so long? I don't think there would have been any complaints today. Great stuff from the whole field to be really pushing to the edge and beyond all day.

One of the great Great Races.
Old 8 Oct 2017, 11:12 (Ref:3772986)   #257
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
When you look at the final result compared to the grid, you'd probably wonder what happened. Aside from Reynolds winning and Shane managed to get back to 5th. Sure Fabs got 3rd but he was running outside the top 10 most of the race, certainly not one of the front runners.

Whincup, Tander, Mostert, Scotty, Winterbottom, Waters and Stanaway, Percat... in the end we're left with Warren Luff, Tony D'Alberto and Chris Pither 2-3-4. Not exactly star studded. In fact, out of the top 10 (20 drivers) only 1 champion (Shane).

Shane would be kicking himself running on at the last corner again. It would have cost him the win - I don't think Reynolds would have had a chance passing him off the dry line and they were fairly even speed. Another Bathurst win thrown away for the kiwi. Not that Campbell much helped, going a lap down after was it 5 times off, and forcing Shane to unlap himself? They commentators were giving him huge praise after Sandown because he didn't drop like a stone. But this time he did. Sometimes these commentators need to look at the times, there was periods where Shane was on another planet lapping 4 secs a lap faster. Then Matty gets back in and loses quite a bit of time when he did that final stint too, which Shane again got a bit lucky with SC's and hard driving to get back in contention. Just brake a little earlier into that corner ffs!

Stanaway also showed amazing speed for his first 2 stints. So did Mostert early in the race when he got the car back from Steve Owen, who was hopeless and did nothing to help his race, but at least he didn't go off, unlike Mostert who surprisingly fell apart at the end. Had the car to beat but binned it.

I don't know what happened to the #6 in the end, they kept making pit stops and fell 2 laps down with Waters in the car. Shame as I thought they might win it if it went green the rest of the way when Stanaway still had the 20 second lead (with mostert and gis 40 secs back). But then the cautions came and their pace went.

Got to feel for Scotty, what does the guy have to do this year? Now Fabs has a large lead for being very much second rate and in the shadow of his much faster team mate. Imagine if he ends up taking the title!

Whincup, tough luck again. He could have still won as he had okay pace. Not as good as Shane but if the SC's played his way. However Dumbrell really wasn't that good in his stints, losing a lot of ground every time. His worst performance in a while, but they must have had issues with braking they never solved. Even Campbell he couldn't catch. Whincups pace was alright when he was in the car. It's about time he was dealt some bad luck this year though, he's been hanging on it points with nothing ever going wrong.

I think the whole thing with Whincup getting 90 points because he did an extra 2 laps at the end, while Scot gets 0, is poor points design. That could be the title at the end of the year and what does it promote? Getting an old beaten up dunger back out on tracking running 20kph? Or drivers not pushing as hard too scared to crash and getting 0 points instead of 90 for last but running.

Hmmm what else... Will Davison and Lowndesy quiet...

Still great race though. I only skimmed over Suzuka but Bathurst was more interesting to watch even under SC than F1.
Old 8 Oct 2017, 11:36 (Ref:3772989)   #258
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post

I think the whole thing with Whincup getting 90 points because he did an extra 2 laps at the end, while Scot gets 0, is poor points design. That could be the title at the end of the year and what does it promote? Getting an old beaten up dunger back out on tracking running 20kph? Or drivers not pushing as hard too scared to crash and getting 0 points instead of 90 for last but running.
Whincup lost the title that way in 2010 when DJR fixed Courtney's broken car at Sydney and got it to complete 2 laps when 888 couldn't get Jamie's car fix in time.
Old 8 Oct 2017, 11:39 (Ref:3772990)   #259
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I don't know what happened to the #6 in the end, they kept making pit stops and fell 2 laps down with Waters in the car. Shame as I thought they might win it if it went green the rest of the way when Stanaway still had the 20 second lead (with mostert and gis 40 secs back). But then the cautions came and their pace went.
Broken rear wing in the Tander / Mostert incident (which I don't think was 100% Chaz's fault, the in car clearly shows Tander squeezing him on the apex).
Old 8 Oct 2017, 11:58 (Ref:3772993)   #260
Umai Naa
Veteran

#88 needed just 2 laps to get to 75% distance, to get points.
Old 8 Oct 2017, 19:22 (Ref:3773061)   #261
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
When you look at the final result compared to the grid, you'd probably wonder what happened. Aside from Reynolds winning and Shane managed to get back to 5th. Sure Fabs got 3rd but he was running outside the top 10 most of the race, certainly not one of the front runners.

Whincup, Tander, Mostert, Scotty, Winterbottom, Waters and Stanaway, Percat... in the end we're left with Warren Luff, Tony D'Alberto and Chris Pither 2-3-4. Not exactly star studded. In fact, out of the top 10 (20 drivers) only 1 champion (Shane).

Shane would be kicking himself running on at the last corner again. It would have cost him the win - I don't think Reynolds would have had a chance passing him off the dry line and they were fairly even speed. Another Bathurst win thrown away for the kiwi. Not that Campbell much helped, going a lap down after was it 5 times off, and forcing Shane to unlap himself? They commentators were giving him huge praise after Sandown because he didn't drop like a stone. But this time he did. Sometimes these commentators need to look at the times, there was periods where Shane was on another planet lapping 4 secs a lap faster. Then Matty gets back in and loses quite a bit of time when he did that final stint too, which Shane again got a bit lucky with SC's and hard driving to get back in contention. Just brake a little earlier into that corner ffs!

Stanaway also showed amazing speed for his first 2 stints. So did Mostert early in the race when he got the car back from Steve Owen, who was hopeless and did nothing to help his race, but at least he didn't go off, unlike Mostert who surprisingly fell apart at the end. Had the car to beat but binned it.

Got to feel for Scotty, what does the guy have to do this year? Now Fabs has a large lead for being very much second rate and in the shadow of his much faster team mate. Imagine if he ends up taking the title!

Whincup, tough luck again. He could have still won as he had okay pace. Not as good as Shane but if the SC's played his way. However Dumbrell really wasn't that good in his stints, losing a lot of ground every time. His worst performance in a while, but they must have had issues with braking they never solved. Even Campbell he couldn't catch. Whincups pace was alright when he was in the car. It's about time he was dealt some bad luck this year though, he's been hanging on it points with nothing ever going wrong.

Hmmm what else... Will Davison and Lowndesy quiet...

Still great race though. I only skimmed over Suzuka but Bathurst was more interesting to watch even under SC than F1.

you don't like Aussies don't ya
Old 8 Oct 2017, 19:35 (Ref:3773063)   #262
Compromised
Veteran

Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.speedcafe.com/2017/10/08/second-biggest-bathurst-crowd-2017/

It was a very good crowd (especially considering the weather) but I struggle to believe it was the second biggest ever
Old 8 Oct 2017, 19:43 (Ref:3773064)   #263
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
The car wasn't as quick as the track dried so probably more of a "wet" setup on it and of course losing the rear wing & pitting to repair that cost time. Great drive by both of them, no doubt about it but that's the way these things go sometimes.
Old 8 Oct 2017, 22:56 (Ref:3773092)   #264
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Old 9 Oct 2017, 00:04 (Ref:3773102)   #265
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post
you don't like Aussies don't ya
Oh did the flag in my profile give it away? haha. Nah I'd still love V8SC but when there's some really fast kiwi's in the field (except Pither) and most capable of winning, I tend to support them. Heck even Heimgartner showed how good he can be around Bathurst with him dominating the Carerra Cup races.

Oh yes I remember the #6 incident now with the wing hanging off the back.

I don't think anyone will have minded Reynolds taking the win, he's a good bloke. Same with Will last year and the underdog taking it - I don't think a Gis win would be too popular, somehow.

How about all the boo's Fabs got on the podium though. Do fans not like those pretty eyes and the model girlfriend?
Old 9 Oct 2017, 00:07 (Ref:3773103)   #266
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
How about all the boo's Fabs got on the podium though. Do fans not like those pretty eyes and the model girlfriend?
The boos were for both Fabs & Tony - because most of the fans under the podium were Holden and those lads were driving a Ford.
Old 9 Oct 2017, 00:17 (Ref:3773105)   #267
Umai Naa
Veteran

It just goes to show that you don't have to be a competitor to be a bad sport.

Mr W Davison's post-race summary on Instagram is a little cryptic. Something awry in the Tekno camp?
Old 9 Oct 2017, 00:31 (Ref:3773108)   #268
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Congratulations to David Reynolds and Luke Youlden.

Reynolds has always reminded my of David Besnard. If both of those guys won every race you wouldn't be surprised and equally if they never won a single race you wouldn't be surprised.

At the other end of the results are we seeing the sun setting on Lowndes career? Is this the first Bathurst he was nowhere to be seen the entire weekend?
Old 9 Oct 2017, 01:16 (Ref:3773112)   #269
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
At the other end of the results are we seeing the sun setting on Lowndes career? Is this the first Bathurst he was nowhere to be seen the entire weekend?
He posted on FB that they had a car issue all day, but didn't state what it was.
Old 9 Oct 2017, 02:04 (Ref:3773114)   #270
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
He posted on FB that they had a car issue all day, but didn't state what it was.
Driver?

Quote:
Coulthard in the lead?

I thought his run was over?
Hopefully a certain Holiday will never be interrupted...
Old 9 Oct 2017, 02:11 (Ref:3773116)   #271
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
TV & crowd release from VASC: Decent numbers
Old 9 Oct 2017, 02:36 (Ref:3773118)   #272
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Aaren Russell's Bathurst Adventure
Old 9 Oct 2017, 02:41 (Ref:3773119)   #273
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post

Mr Richards wasn't exactly sparkling this weekend either...
Old 9 Oct 2017, 03:05 (Ref:3773121)   #274
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Richo hasn't sparkled for a while now.
Old 9 Oct 2017, 03:06 (Ref:3773122)   #275
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
It just goes to show that you don't have to be a competitor to be a bad sport.

Mr W Davison's post-race summary on Instagram is a little cryptic. Something awry in the Tekno camp?
Don't have Instagram, any chance of a screenshot?