Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 8 May 2009, 05:11 (Ref:2457705)   #151
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
stedevil has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by awrb View Post
The WTCC however...
Yeah, it does look considerably shaky. But maybe it will survive as ETCC through some lean years?
Old 9 May 2009, 10:58 (Ref:2458480)   #152
helterskelter
Veteran

Guernsey
Italy
helterskelter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by awrb View Post
True, davyboy. Fiat, orr whoever ends up with GM Europe, will possibly even get rid of the Vauxhall brand, and we'll have Opels over here, shipped over from Germany. I don't think their chances as a works entrant is remote however.
I think the Vauxhall brand will stay, it's an estabilished brand and Italians are not that stupid to destroy a good British brand, which has a considerable market (at least I hope this will happen, but it's not like we have a poor management over here).
Going back to TC racing, sadly Fiat are not that keen on racing anymore. They had some great years with Alfa, but with the Abarth thing going on and with the huge investments to be done they won't most likely return shortly in TC racing as a manufacturer.
If there are plans already ongoing it's possible that they keep putting them forward (talking about a possible Saab in the Stcc, for instance), but I'm not sure.