Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 19 Jan 2001, 22:33 (Ref:59439)   #1
Chris Y
Nature's servant
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!
...take to the circuit for a race weekend?

Apart from your race car of course

How many tools? All of them?
What about spares?
Grub for the 'pit crew'?

Old 20 Jan 2001, 04:32 (Ref:59469)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Logs for the fire, wax for the skidoo runners and ........... Oh sorry, you mean at motor races.

I take a pit crew, beer for the supporters, cakes and chocolate to eat on the way home (cos I don't each much during the day).
Old 20 Jan 2001, 10:44 (Ref:59485)   #3
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
welcome back Pete

we take a trailer big enough to fit our 2 karts in plus stands and the like ..all of our tools ..plus spares and camping gear if needed..which also doubles as a pavilion which attaches nicely to the end of the trailer and folds out to make a good solid shelter for the 2 carts and about 5 or 6 campchairs...food is usually left up to the pit crew and drivers ..but we take an esky full of ice and drink ..you have to keep your fluid level up .

and of course driving suits and helmets and stuff...total set up time was initially 35 mins..but we have managed to get that down to about 10 mins now and the same for pack up ..all in one single trailer..not bad really.
Old 20 Jan 2001, 11:47 (Ref:59493)   #4
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I take just about every spare part and tool i own. I figure it's better to take it and not need it, than leave it at home and need it. I also take a small folding table and six folding chairs, two large eskies, one full of drinks, the other full of food. I always take lunches for my crew, I figure if my friends are gonna give up their time and expertise freely, the least I can do is feed them.
Old 22 Jan 2001, 14:25 (Ref:59807)   #5
Vandas
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Vandas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well we take 2 eskies, a motorised fridge, carpet for under the car in the pit, two large Toolboxes, two large roller cabs, 4 sliding drawer trollies (3 drawers to each trolley), Air Compressor, 4 Axle Stands, 1 jack, 6 spare tyres and one set of wets, 4 X 30 litre jerry cans full of fuel, 5 pit crew, a number of groupies (Our families friends and girlfriends), Heaps of energy drinks like Red Bull and V also a lots of Powerades, and water, a bench which extends between the two roller cabs, 2 Wurth; Nuts, Bolts, and washers boxes each having independantly movable drawers if you want to take only the drawer instead of the whole box. We also take a lot of deck chairs because well everyone else except us needs to sit down don't they. hehehe

Well that's all I can think of at the moment.

Camma