Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 3 Feb 2001, 02:22 (Ref:62101)   #1
knowlesy59
Racer

Wales
WALES
knowlesy59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I am new to this place and i found your 'racers lounge' bit so i thought that maybe 1 of you can help me.im 15 and i went go-karting 4 the first time the other night and i was really fast.i was only 3 seconds off the track record.So my question is really how do i start go-karting myself?i really wanna start and eventually drive touring cars in the BTCC.if u reply........cheers
Old 3 Feb 2001, 12:07 (Ref:62159)   #2
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Head down to your local kart club, not a hire track, a proper racing club. Find out about joining the club and they'll tell you how to get a licence and what gear you'll need. They'll probably have a few members who have karts for sale.
Old 3 Feb 2001, 14:23 (Ref:62221)   #3
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
welcome to ten tenths Knowlesy..

exactly what david said..hopefully you can hook up with someone that wont give you a bum steer..but make good choices first up..dont jump at the first thing you see..take your time and try and do it right.

as a fellow karter i can assure you that karting is a great way to get started and heaps of fun but can get a little expensive (just ask me ..mine is a no goer for 2001 )

anyway thats your best bet...good luck with your karting and your long term ambitions
Old 3 Feb 2001, 15:10 (Ref:62237)   #4
knowlesy59
Racer

Wales
WALES
knowlesy59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
cheers

cheers boys.that information is appreachiated.im thinking of going down next weekend 2 find out more information if i can get there.im thinkin of takin a few mates and gettin them 2 drive around whilst i just follow there line and try 2 overtake them.the problem is that im 2 aggressive and i start shunting a bit so im gonna try 2 improve.anyway thanks 4 yer help!
Old 6 Feb 2001, 10:21 (Ref:62833)   #5
massifheed
Racer

massifheed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aggresive? Shunting? You should be perfect for the BTCC!