Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 14 Dec 2002, 20:25 (Ref:449991)   #1
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Funniest moment in WRC

Mine would be when Francois Delecour (it was him wasn't it?) crashed out of the British rally and he started swearing in French to his co-driver! At least some of it was swearing at least. I was laughing my arse off!
Old 15 Dec 2002, 04:20 (Ref:450157)   #2
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't remember who it was, but someone had a half-spin on a rally in '00, and was looking straight at a helpful spectator who casually stood there, and pointed the stopped car in the right direction.

I think it _might_ have been Tommi...
Old 15 Dec 2002, 08:12 (Ref:450217)   #3
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know it could have been fatal but the crash Tommi had a few years ago at San Remo i think.

Tommi was going round a blind corner at about 130mph on the edge of a cliff when he hit a cow that was standing in the middle of the road! The cow flew into outer-space and Tommi and car rolled 100ft down a mountain side!! The cow was never seen again...

I have seen this clip from an in-car view and it was amazing yet shocking. Gives Tommi something to talk about in the pub when he isnt fixing his tractor.
Old 15 Dec 2002, 10:56 (Ref:450273)   #4
SJ Spode
Veteran

SJ Spode should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If I can expand it to the funniest moment in world rallying it has to be one of the RAC rallies in the '70s when Roger Clark and Tony Mason took a huge shortcut on one of the stately home stages and drove into a pond. Rumour has it, that's when the term 'DON'T CUT!!' was added to the pace note terminology.
Old 15 Dec 2002, 12:35 (Ref:450348)   #5
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Neal Bates in Rally Australia in 1996, wipers not working and drives through a huge water splash which covers the windscreen in mud, and the footage of him with a cloth in hand trying to wipe the mud away is amusing.

More of an amusing i can't believe they did that smile, FISA's handling of the 1986 WRC. The sudden banning of Group B & canning of Group S, shortening the routes, the Peugeot San Remo saga (ok more the locals in that case)

In the 1978? RAC, Fiat put Walter Rohrl's co-driver Christian Geistdorfer in the middle of the back seat of his Fiat 131 Abarth. Not repeated since as it was banned after the event for some reason.
Old 15 Dec 2002, 15:05 (Ref:450419)   #6
Speeddemon555
Veteran

Speeddemon555 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Recently, Francois Delacour lost his temper and curse his co-driver out in French at the Rally of Great Britain when he lost control of his Lancer and ended up in a ditch.
Old 15 Dec 2002, 16:16 (Ref:450440)   #7
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Luis Moya - RAC 1999...................
Old 15 Dec 2002, 18:11 (Ref:450508)   #8
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I Remember somebody chrashing to lion-house in some late 70's - early 80's RAC rally, can't remember who it was. It was in those first day Mickey Mouse stages.

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 16 Dec 2002, 04:08 (Ref:450805)   #9
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Footage of Juha Kankunnen in the Rally of Greece(?) a few years ago on the mobile phone explaining to the Subaru team that he had to stop as there was something wrong with the radiator on his car. Then you look behind him and the Subaru is totally wrapped round a tree!!! SLy old dog...
Old 16 Dec 2002, 10:56 (Ref:450993)   #10
egor
Veteran

Wales
N.Wales
egor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not quite a WRC moment, but if I remember it was a round of the German national championship.

It was a stage on an Military range, and one of the top guys in a Celica GT4 lost the back end and slid backwards through the safety tape and came to rest with his back wheels(back end) on top of a Ford Capri, smashing through the rear hatch.
Obviously one of the marshalls had thought he had parked out of the way, how wrong could he be(or she).

The car paused for a second or two, driver selected a forward gear and spun his way off the top of the Capri, and carried on as if it was normal. It made me laugh.
Old 16 Dec 2002, 16:06 (Ref:451215)   #11
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
One or two spring to mind.

Gwyndaf, 2 or 3 years ago at the Network Q, lost it on one of the park stages, photographer dived out of the way, only to see Gwyndaf drive straight over his camera box, spin the car round then drive straight back over what was left to get back on stage...

Richard Burns stuck in a ditch 50 metres from service at the Safari 2002. Sorry Dicky.

That look that our mate Nicky Grist gave Mad Colin after he'd overcut and barrel rolled them out of the Network-Q 2001. In one hard stare Nicky said all the things a thousand words couldn't have... "For sake, will you EVER learn?!" would have been just the beginning...
Old 16 Dec 2002, 20:43 (Ref:451368)   #12
Yoong Montoya
Veteran

Yoong Montoya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by garcon
Richard Burns stuck in a ditch 50 metres from service at the Safari 2002. Sorry Dicky.

Was that the one where he lost his front wheel and got stuck in sand?
Old 19 Dec 2002, 21:55 (Ref:453783)   #13
NGS
Rookie

NGS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When Petter Solberg's steering wheel came loose and he told co-driver Phil Mills to get the tools and screw it back on while he was driving.

Nigel Graham Schlemming
Old 20 Dec 2002, 07:28 (Ref:454019)   #14
gazzarallie
Rookie

gazzarallie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
richard got well and truly stuck in the sand and tried to get the car out by removing one of the wheels and using the speer wheel to get the traction needed, he did not lose the wheel before hand. Very emberassing moment for him i believe
Old 20 Dec 2002, 09:38 (Ref:454075)   #15
Hog
Racer

Hog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't recall the driver (poss Bertie Fisher?) or the rally but there is an in car sequence where the driver loses all his brakes at the end of a straight. Driver and co-driver are frantically waving at the spectators as they thread there way through a load of parked cars at about 60mph - missing the lot - must have been a funny smell in the car afterwards. I'm sure someone will be able to more accurately identify who and where - it's been shown on Havoc video's.
Old 21 Dec 2002, 15:46 (Ref:454922)   #16
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
For me its got to richard burns slightly quizzical look when he retired from the Rally GB this year. I thought he was about to burst out laughing.
Old 23 Dec 2002, 03:31 (Ref:455913)   #17
Radisichrox
Veteran

United States
New York
Radisichrox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For me it's when Marcus Gronholm last year started cursing at Corrado Provera or someone at Peugeot during the Rally NZ. It sounded something like this...

MG-"Hey, I got time 11.17 is that correct? Hey? (says some words in finnish to Timo Rautiainen)..."
They cross the stage finish, and Gronholm is furious. "You show 11.17-F****** hell, F****** hell!!!"

This year too when Derek Ringer lost his pace notes when him and Colin McRae retired in rally Australia on that huge jump. Again, here's what it sounded like
"Six right, and care narrow jump line and six right... right tightens.....right tightens to six! To stop....Something's broken? ****!"

There's so many I could keep going.
Old 4 Jan 2003, 21:14 (Ref:463819)   #18
Minardi4eva
Rookie

Minardi4eva should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tina Thorner saying,"the car is "
Old 4 Jan 2003, 21:25 (Ref:463832)   #19
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Donut.
Old 4 Jan 2003, 23:52 (Ref:463976)   #20
Margam
Rookie

Margam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Back in 1992 in think during the 1000 lakes.Colin McRae crashes out after spending every stage before that trying to make the Subaru fly........
Old 5 Jan 2003, 00:04 (Ref:463982)   #21
Margam
Rookie

Margam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is McRae on take off.......

Attached Thumbnails
v high.jpg  
Old 8 Jan 2003, 19:55 (Ref:467697)   #22
avsfan733
Veteran

avsfan733 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not so much funny as amazing but anyways. Everyone has seen the Tommi crash from Argentina, did any one else notice the person he came about a foot from crushing in mid-roll? The guy just stood there!
Old 9 Jan 2003, 12:36 (Ref:468374)   #23
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
it has to be ... Mamma jr t'aime ... Mamma jr t'aime done by a french driver(I think is Delecour) when he rolled his car over

Ciao Marco
Old 9 Jan 2003, 14:11 (Ref:468462)   #24
Matthopps
Racer

United Kingdom
Rotherham, South Yorkshire
Matthopps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2002 Monte Carlo Rally, When Roman Kresta lost it at a harpin and ended up perched precariosly on a wall, dangling over a cliff, stopped only by a well placed wooden post!
Old 9 Jan 2003, 16:59 (Ref:468599)   #25
SJ Spode
Veteran

SJ Spode should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Dani Filth
it has to be ... Mamma jr t'aime ... Mamma jr t'aime done by a french driver(I think is Delecour) when he rolled his car over
It was Daniel Grataloup, Didier Auriol's co-driver after a roll in the SEAT Cordoba WRC.

(Not sure some of these are funny though)