Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 9 Jun 2003, 18:59 (Ref:626276)   #76
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oh Rob! Do you mean I have to phone them back again and cancel your tour guide status?

They did have a vacancy for a coach cleaner (post Le Mans) if you're interested?

Old 9 Jun 2003, 19:39 (Ref:626324)   #77
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On the subject of tour guides, I was chatting to one of the Monaco F1 guides on a flight we done last week. She admitted that she hates motor racing and does not see the point of it at all. I did offer to swap jackets but she declined stating free booze, free meals and a suntan.

Most of her work though was to do with hotels, coaches, passes, flights, tickets and getting Brit's out of jail.

All the F1 guide stuff was from a pre printed booklet, any problems use the mobile to call the boss
Old 9 Jun 2003, 19:51 (Ref:626346)   #78
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What a waste - access to F1 all over the world and she hates it.

What am I saying though, I'm no great fan of F1 either.....
Old 9 Jun 2003, 20:02 (Ref:626362)   #79
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But for her it was free, and she even got paid for it !!!!

I'd do it F1 or not.

S
Old 9 Jun 2003, 20:10 (Ref:626375)   #80
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll have her job!!!
Old 10 Jun 2003, 08:06 (Ref:626803)   #81
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!

Quote:
Originally posted by SL
getting Brit's out of jail
Why are they sent to jail, usualy ?

Last edited by Fab; 10 Jun 2003 at 08:07.
Old 10 Jun 2003, 09:48 (Ref:626895)   #82
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
The intake of booze is normally more than some pea-brains can cope with, unfortunately.
Old 10 Jun 2003, 09:52 (Ref:626901)   #83
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
The intake of booze is normally more than some pea-brains can cope with, unfortunately.
We've the same in France, I'm afraid...
Old 12 Jun 2003, 08:15 (Ref:629172)   #84
rigbyed
Rookie

rigbyed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just two days to go, see you guys down there, apparently theres a British get together on the Friday evening, anybody know any details?

Look out for the Nasamax car, as well as being powered by a cosworth engine, it also runs on 225 proof alchol if anyone gets thirsty!
Old 12 Jun 2003, 08:32 (Ref:629181)   #85
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Not heard anything about Friday night - I will be in Dover, but I do about a meeting on Saturday lunchtime - 12 'o' clock in front of the big screen in village............
Old 12 Jun 2003, 08:32 (Ref:629182)   #86
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have no idea, I won't be there til saturday morning anyway!!

Have a safe journey to all those that are going!
Old 12 Jun 2003, 15:20 (Ref:629531)   #87
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just to let people, this time tomorrow I will be on my way to Le Mans
Old 12 Jun 2003, 15:31 (Ref:629537)   #88
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
And I won't be far behind you on a Page and Moy coach! See you there for the noon meet up in the village.
Old 12 Jun 2003, 15:34 (Ref:629538)   #89
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Cool see u then
Old 12 Jun 2003, 16:10 (Ref:629557)   #90
Cynic
Veteran

England
Somwhere Near Reading.UK
Cynic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
And I won't be far behind you on a Page and Moy coach! See you there for the noon
And I shall be in hot pursuit of both of you!
Old 16 Jun 2003, 10:37 (Ref:632774)   #91
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Made it back, no major problems all weekend, apart from a 2 and a half hour ferry crossing last night and trip through the centre of Prais. Again it worked out really well.........
Old 16 Jun 2003, 16:49 (Ref:633188)   #92
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
Trip through Paris was ok...ferry crossing was a pain in the bum though.

Was a good trip, really enjoyed it...time to start sorting out next year i think!!!
Old 16 Jun 2003, 18:27 (Ref:633281)   #93
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
But highlight of the weekend had to be the driver and the tour manager taking the mick out of each another all weekend.......

and what was all the singing about from the back of the bus......
Old 16 Jun 2003, 21:12 (Ref:633495)   #94
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Yup, all back safe and well. Okay my knees are killing me from the lack of legroom and I was sat next to the most miserable and boring guy imaginable, but it got me to the race and back.

Next year I will aim to drive down and spend a bit longer there, I really missed the build up and arriving on the Saturday after travelling overnight means I just can't stay up for as much of the race as I would like. But I was there to see Bentley win, so I'm a very happy punter!
Old 16 Jun 2003, 21:31 (Ref:633529)   #95
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally posted by AllonFS
arriving on the Saturday after travelling overnight means I just can't stay up for as much of the race as I would like.
or was that something to do with the doggy prawn sandwich's
Old 17 Jun 2003, 11:38 (Ref:634046)   #96
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
The driver and tour manager were funny but was a bit annoyed that he read out half of Perry McCarthy's book and also the F1 result...most of our group had taped it to watch and he spoilt it!!!

I wouldn't like to comment on the singing from the back of the bus...the stories behind what we were singing are just too long!
Old 9 Jan 2005, 03:58 (Ref:1196269)   #97
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Old topic I know, but I was browsing, if anyone is still interested...

I want to Le Mans by coach in 2003 (first time) and 2004.

In 2003 we went with Hoverland, a Birmingham area company (judging by the accents...). It left on Thursday, and included a day in Paris. We had a great time in Paris, and it was a great bunch of people, particularly when everyone was drunk on Thursday night in the coach, including the courier...

We didn't get to Le Mans till Midday, but it was still a good tour!

We had hoped to get to Le Mans an alternative way in 04, but had to take a coach again in the end. We went with Page and Moy, and it was a bit ****... first we had to get into the centre of London to get the coach, then we were all split up as we were last on the coach (Hoverland reserved seats, even though my group got on at various different stops), and it was a pretty **** coach as well. I was lucky to be able to sit next to my girlfriend. The courier wasn't up to much, and played videos on the way home when everyone wanted to sleep in peace and quiet. So I'm not too impressed with Page and Moy, fortunately we've got our camping and ferry booked for 05, and we're driving there ourselves.

Coach tours are OK if you can't go for long, and you get a good one, but I'd much rather make my own arrangements now. Don't like the being told what to do, be back at the coach at a certain time etc.
Old 9 Jan 2005, 13:06 (Ref:1196478)   #98
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
If you have to go by coach (and its not such a bad idea, particularly if you're a first-timer), I recommend MRI, personally.
Old 9 Jan 2005, 13:12 (Ref:1196484)   #99
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
I went with Page and Moy from 95 through to 99 and with MRI in 2000

Never had a problem with either - always nice coaches, fairly good tour guides - MRI cost a bit more but then they had their marquee thrown in for the extra and they had buses sorted to get you to Arnage and Mulsanne - this was an advantage in 2000 when it was VERY warm and would be a definite plus if the weather turns nasty (as it did in 1995!)

I still find both of them fantastic value - travel from UK to LM including ticket for rather less than you would pay for a general admissin ticket for the F1 at silverstone - no contest really!
Old 9 Jan 2005, 13:28 (Ref:1196491)   #100
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There is that, it's usually a pretty good price, but then so was the campsite and ferry between us!

That was just my experienc anyway, it was good in 2003.