Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 12 Jan 2005, 02:48 (Ref:1198661)   #1
mandretti39
Veteran

Lithuania
Clay, NY USA
mandretti39 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmandretti39 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My idea for a computer game (sort of off-topic)

I have come up with an idea for a computer game that would appeal to us track designers. You start off with a bunch of fictitious cities and plots of land. You choose one and the local government gives you certain criteria the track you design must meet, such as the number of turns, the length, the types of turns, and other things needed to build a track. You start off with a certain amount of money out of your own pocket, but if need be, you can loan money from the local banks. After placing the tracks, along with grandstands, big screen TVs, pedestrian bridges, and other amenities, you must set ticket prices, merchandise prices, and try to get advertising space on TV, radio, and newspapers. If you want, you can participate in each race you set up.

You make money by designing a great track, attracting enough fans, and selling enough merchandise. You must pay back any loans you took out from the banks. If you can make a profit, you pass that scenario, thus opening up more challenging challenges. As a bonus, by completing all of the scenarios, you can replay them with no building or money restrictions.

Think of it as RollerCoaster Tycoon, but instead of designing theme parks, you are desinging tracks, promoting the event, and take part in the race (if you want). What do you all think?
Old 12 Jan 2005, 03:53 (Ref:1198675)   #2
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
kind of like theme hospital but for race tracks ??, id be intrested in a game and it would be theoretically possible to mod a games engine (tycoon or theme) to do it but would take so long.

Last edited by Mike_Wooshy; 12 Jan 2005 at 03:54.
Old 12 Jan 2005, 13:31 (Ref:1198962)   #3
f1freak
Racer

Australia
Sydney
f1freak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You know what, that's a bloody awesome idea ...

Also, with your game idea, it would be good to have a ranking of how popular your circuit is. If its not that popular then a few little known local events per year would be enough, but if its popular, then the big guns actually come to your track, like Formula One...

I like the idea... if only though aye???...

By the way... there is a game out, but you dont work under real situations (by that I mean loops etc )... its called Track Mania (UK Official Site) (USA Official Site)...

Never played it. When I saw it in the shops, I thought SWEET, but when I saw the **** you can do with it, well, you get my drift... I don't know if there is demo availiable... However, if anyone has tried it out, then an opinion would be nice ...
Old 12 Jan 2005, 20:31 (Ref:1199289)   #4
mjolnir
Racer

Australia
Sydney
mjolnir should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
concept reminds me of SimGolf... bloody addictive game if i do say so myself

Last edited by mjolnir; 12 Jan 2005 at 20:32. Reason: wording
Old 14 Jan 2005, 09:47 (Ref:1200666)   #5
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
I enjoy SIM games! But being realisitic how many track designers are there that would "play" this game and who would buy it.

Also what do you guys think a simplified algorythm to determain if a track was polpular would look like??

Total Score = DriversHappy + FansHappy + AdvertisersHappy

DriversHappy = Well designed track, good pit facilities
FansHappy = Drivers who turn up, Stands, entertainement?
Advertisers = Drivers who turn up, amount of fans who turn up

There can be a lot more to it as well. What do you guys think?

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.