Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 14 Sep 2017, 11:34 (Ref:3766794)   #176
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Not sure why people think the Deltawing is hideous.

If it was trying to be like everything else it would be.

But it never was, it was always going to look different, and therefore to people who don't like change, horrible.

It's purpose designed it, and I happen to think it looked, cool, ground-breaking and unique. It piqued my interest, and I had littler interest in sportscars before then. Same as the fwd Datsun did.

There is a consistent theme here that cars that were radical but failed must have looked awful.

If you painted most P1 and P2 cars white and asked 99% of casual motorsport fans what each car was they might get lucky, but most would not be able to differentiate a Toyota from a Porsche. Or a later Audi from a Porsche or Rebellion.

But a Nissan GTR or Deltawing would be easy, and results not withstanding, that was the point, it was marketing and an engineering exercise, that if results came, fine, but not the priority.
Old 14 Sep 2017, 12:06 (Ref:3766805)   #177
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Yeah, I thought the D'Wing looked awesome. Less so with a roof.
Old 14 Sep 2017, 12:08 (Ref:3766806)   #178
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
We knew it was gonna look different from the start and it actually looks alright IMHO
Old 14 Sep 2017, 12:55 (Ref:3766813)   #179
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Can't think of any bad looking GT cars per say. When it comes to ugly sportscars you have to delve into the prototype category.

The 2016 version of the Audi R18 was hideous! I was glad Audi pulled out if they were going to keep brining cars like that out.

We all know about the Daytona Prototypes. All of them except the Corvette DP were bad.

I did not like any of the open topped IMSA world sportscars in the 1990's either.

Also don't recall anybody in the IMSA forums this year saying they miss the Delta Wing.
Old 14 Sep 2017, 16:08 (Ref:3766846)   #180
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I must say the dome on the DW was awful. But I like the Nissan, conceptually and aesthetically, but the word of the day with that thing was 'rushed'. Unfortunate really, it would've made for an interesting addition to P1.