Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 17 Aug 2016, 03:06 (Ref:3666075)   #126
T-star
Racer

T-star should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
“The driver evaluation test I did exempted me from being able to do V8 Supercars this year,” Cindric Junior confirmed.

Someone needs to explain this to me
Old 17 Aug 2016, 03:22 (Ref:3666076)   #127
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Might've been Betty.

He drove for her in the 12hr.
That'd make sense.
Old 17 Aug 2016, 04:07 (Ref:3666080)   #128
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-star View Post
“The driver evaluation test I did exempted me from being able to do V8 Supercars this year,” Cindric Junior confirmed.

Someone needs to explain this to me
Perhaps a rule breach of some sort?
Old 17 Aug 2016, 05:03 (Ref:3666084)   #129
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Perhaps a rule breach of some sort?
I am wondering whether it is contractual with the team rather than a series rule...

EDIT: I guess if there is a series rule around rookie evaluations that is fine, but I think also if he applied for an exemption I am not sure who would oppose it. Personally I'd love to see him, it seems the guy can really drive.

Also, given his family connections it isn't impossible this is just a convenient reason.
Old 17 Aug 2016, 05:40 (Ref:3666088)   #130
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
I am wondering whether it is contractual with the team rather than a series rule...
surely if anything this is the reason. If Fred Bloggs and Wilma Fudd were to do driver evaluation tests for say BJR, and BJR went with Wilma Fudd, then Fred Blogs should be able to drive for LDM, if LDM wanted him, and there wouldn't be a rule from SC to stop it from happening - not if they want to develop people.
Old 17 Aug 2016, 06:25 (Ref:3666089)   #131
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perhaps something to do with licencing?

Nicolaus Minassian one year was unable to do the Sandown 500 with Dynamik due to a licence issue, he was back for Bathurst though.
Old 17 Aug 2016, 07:21 (Ref:3666095)   #132
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
D1.14 Evaluation Day
1.14.1 Teams or Groups may apply to conduct one (1) Driver evaluation day for the sole
purpose of the evaluation of Drivers who:
1.14.1.1 are not currently a Primary Driver for any VCS or DVS Team;
1.14.1.2 have not been nominated as the Primary Driver by the Team in the
previous three (3) Seasons; and
1.14.1.3 have not competed in 5 or more VCS or DVS Events in the previous
Season.
1.14.2 Any Driver that drives a Car on an evaluation day will not be permitted to be a coDriver
in any Car for any of the endurance races in the same year.

1.14.3 During an evaluation day it will be permitted for one (1) Primary Driver to complete a
maximum of 10 laps (including in and out laps) in the Car
Old 17 Aug 2016, 07:45 (Ref:3666096)   #133
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks Peckstar.

How does this rule add to the spectacle on track?
Old 17 Aug 2016, 07:54 (Ref:3666098)   #134
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
Thanks Peckstar.

How does this rule add to the spectacle on track?
Its not meant too, Its about teams being able to evaluate young talent. Thus creating spectacle in later years

if they wanted him to race they could have used an enduro test day for him

Doesnt stop him racing DVS though

Last edited by peckstar; 17 Aug 2016 at 08:09.
Old 17 Aug 2016, 08:26 (Ref:3666103)   #135
davester
Racer

davester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, so if you want to evaluate a driver for co-driver duties, he/she tests fine, but now you cannot use him/her because you did the responsible thing and evaluated their capability.

But it is ok to offer endurance rounds to someone holding the Cereal Pack licence who has never driven a V8 Supercar.
Old 17 Aug 2016, 09:31 (Ref:3666110)   #136
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by davester View Post
Wow, so if you want to evaluate a driver for co-driver duties, he/she tests fine, but now you cannot use him/her because you did the responsible thing and evaluated their capability.

But it is ok to offer endurance rounds to someone holding the Cereal Pack licence who has never driven a V8 Supercar.
No this rule is not about evaluating a driver for co driver duties, you can take them to a test day or run them in friday practise at selected rounds to do that.

this is predominately about evaluating young drivers with minimal experience. seeing if they are worth coaching for further experience.

he can race next year or even race in the DVS enduro at bathurst.

The series has rules about testing , has for many years, they develop year on year, the teams know the rules and help develop them over the years.

We are talking about a currently 17 year old in this case. Racing at bathurst in the 1000. Normally posters on here would be against someone with that little v8 experience racing, Think back to cam waters in the shannons car, massive amount of negativity
Old 18 Aug 2016, 05:09 (Ref:3666287)   #137
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
was just think that bathurst has had 5 different winners (well nine i guess) in the last 5 years

Probably we are due for a double up, but the trend could continue. maybe SVG this year, would that be the first double (12H/1000), edit Murphy did it in 2003 (24H/1000)

and I guess Chaz may be able to claim the 6 hour and 1000km if it were too happen

Last edited by peckstar; 18 Aug 2016 at 05:15.
Old 18 Aug 2016, 05:14 (Ref:3666288)   #138
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Probably we are due for a double up, but the trend could continue. maybe SVG this year, would that be the first double, edit Murphy did it in 2003
You'd think SVG will have his best chance this year in pukka 888 machinery, but I sometimes wonder if SVG is in the same mould as Ambrose, super fast, but not good enough on tyres or machinery to win a race this long.
Old 18 Aug 2016, 21:42 (Ref:3666431)   #139
twinwebbers
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
twinwebbers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
You'd think SVG will have his best chance this year in pukka 888 machinery, but I sometimes wonder if SVG is in the same mould as Ambrose, super fast, but not good enough on tyres or machinery to win a race this long.
Ummm... Perhaps you haven't been following GT endurance racing over the last few years? A 2016 Bathurst 12 hour win springs to mind first.
Old 19 Aug 2016, 00:16 (Ref:3666454)   #140
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinwebbers View Post
Ummm... Perhaps you haven't been following GT endurance racing over the last few years? A 2016 Bathurst 12 hour win springs to mind first.
Granted, but Supercars would seem to be a different beast. Also people smarter than me say he was pretty hard on the tyres at B12 despite winning, and was blessed by the safety cars in that aspect.
Old 19 Aug 2016, 00:22 (Ref:3666457)   #141
twinwebbers
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
twinwebbers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Also people smarter than me say he was pretty hard on the tyres at B12 despite winning, and was blessed by the safety cars in that aspect.
In truth I've always thought along the same lines as you, but his results in the 12 hour, spa and others have seemed to prove me wrong.

If you were a betting man I don't think you would be getting a big return on a SVG wager, I think the bookmakers will have him at pretty short odds.
Old 19 Aug 2016, 01:03 (Ref:3666465)   #142
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinwebbers View Post
In truth I've always thought along the same lines as you, but his results in the 12 hour, spa and others have seemed to prove me wrong.
I have never doubted the speed the guy has, and his racecraft is excellent. However I have in the past questioned his temperament for endurance racing. Results say this may no longer be the case.

Thinking about his previous teams, SBR itself seemed also to have a weakness around front tyre wear and a lack of enduro results in the modern era, and Tekno had less resources than 888.

So, it is absolutely not out of the blue that Shane could learn a few tricks from GT racing, tame his temperament through age and experience, and also have the best car & car setup he has ever had for the enduros this year.
Old 19 Aug 2016, 01:28 (Ref:3666470)   #143
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No doubt SVG can win, but I'd expect he'd need a 10 second lead after the last stop.

I think he could defend that.

On the other hand if he was 10 seconds behind someone like Frosty, Jamie or Lowndes, I'd think he'd struggle to get it done.
Old 19 Aug 2016, 01:33 (Ref:3666471)   #144
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
No doubt SVG can win, but I'd expect he'd need a 10 second lead after the last stop.

I think he could defend that.

On the other hand if he was 10 seconds behind someone like Frosty, Jamie or Lowndes, I'd think he'd struggle to get it done.
And it depends on how Mr Premat takes to the 888-mobile too...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 19 Aug 2016, 01:38 (Ref:3666473)   #145
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It is a 888 car so it doesn't seem to matter who drives it, it will be fast.
Old 19 Aug 2016, 01:50 (Ref:3666478)   #146
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
And it depends on how Mr Premat takes to the 888-mobile too...
Premat showed great enduro speed in various GRM mobiles so I am very keen to see how he goes.
Old 19 Aug 2016, 13:59 (Ref:3666572)   #147
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by champcarman View Post
It is a 888 car so it doesn't seem to matter who drives it, it will be fast.
Unless you're Mr Murphy.

Bad enough being known for not having the ability to set up a car. Worse still, when your teammate's setup doesn't work for you either, and you deem the mother ship's base setup underivable
Old 29 Aug 2016, 23:11 (Ref:3668510)   #148
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Gavin withdraws from Pirtek Enduro Cup

Cam now in for all races with Percat
Old 29 Aug 2016, 23:31 (Ref:3668514)   #149
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Gavin withdraws from Pirtek Enduro Cup

Cam now in for all races with Percat
A new sponsor for #222 perhaps... Jax The Ripper Tyres?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 30 Aug 2016, 00:31 (Ref:3668525)   #150
Umai Naa
Veteran

I dare say money was the deciding factor here.

Tyre testing, or not.