Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 17 Mar 2001, 02:27 (Ref:71820)   #1
Heeltoe6
Veteran

Heeltoe6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.americanlemans.com/News/News.asp?ID=98
Old 17 Mar 2001, 10:15 (Ref:71866)   #2
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
I still can't believe the news- Deepest sympathy to his family, friends, colleagues, and fans. Bob was one of my all-time heroes, and one of the greatest sportscar racers ever. The fact that he was still out there racing at the highest level at the age of 57, and was as competitive as ever, says everything about the stature of the man. He will be sadly missed.
Old 17 Mar 2001, 12:20 (Ref:71886)   #3
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I am totally shocked at this news..I carnt believe this has happened.

Bob Wollek was an absolute legend in sportscar racing and will be sadly missed.

my sympathies go out to his family and friends and hope that he rests in peace.

today was a wondefull day for me ..but this news has put a huge dampener on it and made it a day i will never forget.

RIP Bob Wollek
Old 17 Mar 2001, 14:27 (Ref:71924)   #4
carbonfibre
Rookie

carbonfibre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very, very sad indeed. Bob Wollek was a fierce competitor, a true take no prisoners type of driver. Sad that he will never realize his dream of a Le Mans victory. Even though this was an accident away from the track, we have already had way too many tragedies this year. Let's hope the rest of the year is safer.

Bob Wollek, 1943-2001 RIP
Old 17 Mar 2001, 20:37 (Ref:72020)   #5
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very sad news indeed.

Seems like we have had our fair share of motor sports deaths already this year.

Bob was a Le Mans veteren, the second this year, to have entered so many but won none. This does not reflect their true talents as both should have won at least once, probably more.

Simon
Old 18 Mar 2001, 00:25 (Ref:72077)   #6
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

yet another sad day for motor sport. All ready we have lost Dale Erndhart and now this. It don't get any better does it!!!
Old 18 Mar 2001, 00:40 (Ref:72087)   #7
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Awful news. Yet another hero gone.
Old 19 Mar 2001, 12:48 (Ref:72684)   #8
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tragic.

30 years of blasting down the Mulsanne at 240 mph - and he's killed riding a bike. He was always one of my Le Mans heros - will always be remembered.
Old 19 Mar 2001, 13:52 (Ref:72695)   #9
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It is a great loss to the racing community even though he won't make the news here in the US. How many times had he run at LeMans only to be denied at the end. I think he was many fans sentimental favorite.

On the side, Bob Wollek always rode his road bike to all the races. He would ride down to LeMans from his home in Austria (I think) every year. He would ride long distance for training before every major event. He was doing just that on the way to Sebring when he was struck.
Old 19 Mar 2001, 19:59 (Ref:72798)   #10
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
'tis indeed very sad news

We're only just about to start the new season in earnest, and already we have lost Wollek, Earnhardt and the Fishers... not good