Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 6 Sep 2002, 13:33 (Ref:374546)   #1
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Barra Falcon

Four valve heads on the base model XT and 183kws! (Makes the EF2 look real crook).

Is this the mouse trap we have been waiting for? Plus, a 240kw Turbo XR6!

I'll have one in blue please.
Old 6 Sep 2002, 23:21 (Ref:374945)   #2
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yeah, Ford are serious about beating Holden. I saw a photo of the XR8 with a monster bonnet bulge. I actually like the look of the XRs. I'll take one of the new Tickfords (the TE50 replacement) - should be up around 300kW.
Old 7 Sep 2002, 03:31 (Ref:375058)   #3
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have the brochure sitting on my coffee table. I think i have read it 10 times over. A Phantom (purple) XR6 turbo with the matching trim and the alloy momo gear knob would be nice. dddrrrroooooooooollllllll

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 7 Sep 2002, 03:47 (Ref:375064)   #4
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Now after a bit of looking i have decided that the XR6 is not for me. Check this out. The GT is back

Based on the new BA Falcon, the GT will draw on a heritage dating back to the 1967 XR GT.

"We've always said that when the time was right and we had the right car, Ford would revive the iconic GT nameplate," Ford Australia President Geoff Polites said.

"And with the imminent launch of the BA Falcon, that time is now."

Ford Performance Vehicles Managing Director David Flint said the new GT was the car Ford fans across the country had been waiting for.

"The GT nameplate deserves the very best car as a starting point. Having been part of the planning for BA since its inception, I knew it provided the perfect launching point."

Mr Flint said motoring enthusiasts would get their first look at the GT at this year's Sydney Motor Show in October.

The new car will be available for sale through the chain of Ford Performance Vehicles dealers early in 2003.

Mr Polites said specifications or prices would be released closer to the launch of the vehicle.

"However, Ford fans can rest assured that this car will deliver on all fronts, and will be more than worthy of carrying such a prestigious nameplate.

"It's a red letter day for the company, and the realisation of a personal dream for me," Mr Polites said.

Mr Flint said the Ford Performance Vehicles GT would become the most attainable sedan in the range, and represent the majority of Ford Performance Vehicles sales.

The GT will live up to the GT legend by combining exceptional power with total handling, an exceptional safety package, and aggressive aesthetics.

"GT represents a performance sports car that goes beyond the standard Australian-built sports car. Its aggressive looks and powerful engine will be balanced by developments to the chassis, improvements to the driveline, and bigger brakes. The combination of all these elements will give the driver a true sense of what high-performance cars are all about - power, handling, braking, looks, masculinity, and status."

Technologically advanced and meticulously engineered, the GT will be a worthy heir to the GT's proud heritage.

The initial Ford Performance Vehicles line-up will consist of three cars - the GT, the GT-P (Performance Spec) sedan and the Pursuit Ute.

The Ford Performance Vehicles GT-P (Performance Spec) will blend performance, safety, and luxury equipment with an aggressive visual appearance, while the FPV Pursuit Ute will represent the pinnacle of performance utes in the Ford range.

It will be the ultimate "work and play" vehicle, offering exceptional performance and driving dynamics that build upon the success of the previous Pursuit Ute vehicles.

"It will share its driving dynamics and front end looks with the GT sedan, while continuing to offer the versatility only a ute can provide," said Mr Flint.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 7 Sep 2002, 10:04 (Ref:375160)   #5
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sign me up.
Old 7 Sep 2002, 10:11 (Ref:375168)   #6
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yep me too. So I gather the GT will now be a regular model rather than a five year special edition. I guess you would be looking at 70 to 80 grand for one.
Old 7 Sep 2002, 10:12 (Ref:375171)   #7
Airhead
Veteran

The next thought is that the current Tickford TE and TS fifties would be good buying in a couple of months time.
Old 7 Sep 2002, 10:49 (Ref:375200)   #8
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think the new Falcon looks fat. Not a good sort of fat, more obese than anything... so I'll reserve judgement until I see them in the flesh.

As far as the new Commodore goes, it looks like vomit. It's the last time they use the bloke who designed AUI on any of their cars...
Old 8 Sep 2002, 10:16 (Ref:375618)   #9
woodyracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
woodyracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
damn why dont we get Fords like that GT here in UK
Looks like the Austrailian designers got that one right, unlike the ones who design our Fords.

is there a larger image (link) anywhere ?
Old 8 Sep 2002, 12:24 (Ref:375700)   #10
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
No larger images yet, go to www.ford.com.au and then to the ford performance vehicles link on the main page. It has a few more pics on it.

Old 9 Sep 2002, 01:13 (Ref:376020)   #11
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Still just a stinking, noisey, rusting, oil leaking Ford. Come on guys go out and get a life and buy a Holden
Old 9 Sep 2002, 08:53 (Ref:376199)   #12
Airhead
Veteran

Colin,

thanks for the words of wisdom, don't let the door slam shut on your lower back on the way out
Old 9 Sep 2002, 08:57 (Ref:376203)   #13
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!

Geez colin, I was almost with ya but you lost me with that last part. The only thing worse than a Ford is a , well, Holden.
Old 9 Sep 2002, 09:01 (Ref:376209)   #14
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Come on don't be like that.

Look I'll even do something nice for you, call 131114 and I am sure they will be able to help you through this crisis you are going through.
Old 9 Sep 2002, 09:57 (Ref:376252)   #15
Morris 1100
Veteran

Morris 1100 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by colinbond
Still just a stinking, noisey, rusting, oil leaking Ford. Come on guys go out and get a life and buy a Holden
So said the man in the Magna!
Old 9 Sep 2002, 10:03 (Ref:376254)   #16
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Quote:
Originally posted by Morris 1100
So said the man in the Magna!
yeah but the Torana is car of choice. Anyway I would drive a Magna before I would ever drive a Ford. On second thought I'll never drive a Ford. Even us Magna drivers have standards
Old 9 Sep 2002, 10:17 (Ref:376260)   #17
Airhead
Veteran

very low ones it would seem.
Old 9 Sep 2002, 10:20 (Ref:376261)   #18
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Quote:
Originally posted by AMoffat
very low ones it would seem.
Yes, yes
Old 9 Sep 2002, 12:11 (Ref:376357)   #19
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ford Fans: What makes Holdens so bad?

Holden Fans: What makes Fords so bad?

I just like whichever one is better (Falcon v Commo) and to me the VX is better than the AU, although the BA is looking very good, and has some decent engines too , while the Commo is getting uglier, like the AU was, and from what I read, no new engines.

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock
Old 10 Sep 2002, 07:12 (Ref:377106)   #20
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Quote:
Originally posted by gtr69
Holden Fans: What makes Fords so bad?
They are ugly, noisey and just plain heaps of S**T
Old 10 Sep 2002, 07:35 (Ref:377116)   #21
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by colinbond

They are ugly, noisey and just plain heaps of S**T
Now , now Colin, if you wanna be like the rest of the mindless sheep out there who follow each other to holden dealerships be my guest. Us Ford fans Know we are the chosen few and will stick with the Blue Oval thru thick and thin. How many times has a holden won at Le Mans ?? Hmmmmm
Or Monaco ? Hmmmm
No need to answer
Old 10 Sep 2002, 08:02 (Ref:377130)   #22
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Quote:
Originally posted by AlanJones

Now , now Colin, if you wanna be like the rest of the mindless sheep out there who follow each other to holden dealerships be my guest. Us Ford fans Know we are the chosen few and will stick with the Blue Oval thru thick and thin. How many times has a holden won at Le Mans ?? Hmmmmm
Or Monaco ? Hmmmm
No need to answer
I saw the VY tonight and I am extemly dissapointed. It looks ordinary and can you believe this still does not come with Air Con as standard. Holden should wake up
Old 10 Sep 2002, 08:23 (Ref:377152)   #23
Alan Jones
Veteran

Thats pretty lame isn't it. This was one of the reasons I bought my Futura.Admittedly the Commodore is a better car to drive but as for value for money, the futura won hands down on the latter.I find it reliable, it has heaps of room and enough space in the wagon for a fridge with room left over for the kitchen sink> hehehehehe.It is thirsty around the city but on the highway I was more than happy with the economy .The worst thing IMO is the noise from the front suspension when you hit a pothole. You don't feel it but ya sure hear it!!

As for the Barra, I want 2. One for the missus and a XR8 ute for your truly.
Old 12 Sep 2002, 12:41 (Ref:378733)   #24
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't care, I own a Subaru
Old 19 Sep 2002, 19:52 (Ref:384345)   #25
Alan Jones
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by elephino
I don't care, I own a Subaru
My wife bought a company car home last week which was an 02 Impreza. A gutless auto wagon but it sure goes round corners OK
NOW i HAVE to have a drive of the WRX