Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 8 Apr 2010, 22:18 (Ref:2669142)   #1
Sparky-steve
Racer

United Kingdom
Sparky-steve should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BRSCC Britcar 24 hour Silverstone

could anyone let me know the form for this event over the three days?
first time at Silverstone and looking forward to a new circuit.

i will be going with a few from Oulton, but i would be grateful for info about the event.

is orange ok for silverstone??
Old 8 Apr 2010, 22:23 (Ref:2669146)   #2
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Friday is usually practise with britcar qualifying (Day and Night), with other qualifying and some races.
Saturday is Britcar Warm up, more races and then the 24hrs starts about 3 or 4 (cant remember which). and then that goes for 24 hrs.

Obviously theres rotations going on so you dont do the whole 24 hrs
Old 8 Apr 2010, 22:25 (Ref:2669147)   #3
The STIG
Veteran

United Kingdom
Too far from home
The STIG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Orange is fine - You'll be given an orange high visibilty vest for the night as well. Friday is a full day of qualifying and possibly some racing too, followed by night qualifying for the 24 hours. Saturday is similar, but is all racing with some warm ups for the 24 hours, then around 4pm the 24 hours starts, and finishes ... well 24 hours later!

How you cope with the time seems to vary between posts. Me and Startline Ed have done flags on Woodcote Gap for the last two 24 hours and we work 4 on and 4 off, which gives plenty of time to get some food, and sleep.

It's a great event, and I'd reccomend it to all my marshalling friends!

Also last few times meals have been done on a delivery/voucher system, and there was a free drink on Friday night too.

Last edited by The STIG; 8 Apr 2010 at 22:26. Reason: Bother... Mattt got in first!
Old 9 Apr 2010, 17:28 (Ref:2669591)   #4
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be doing it again too this year. It was hard work with so few to rotate on our post but loved every single minute of it. Britcar go out of their way to make things as "easy" as possible with things like meal vouchers and the night time pie delivery. The key is getting loads of us there tho - if we can muster the kind of numbers we get at Oulton for the beginning of the year and BTCC then it makes the whole weekend so much better. The format is as Stig/Mattt have said - 4pm finish on the Sunday and a good few of us stayed over Sunday night to get some well earned rest rather than rush home knackered.

Some items you may want that you'd not normally think of bringing too are; torch (head mounted is easiest), sunglasses (for the NIGHT!) and an AM/FM radio to pick up commentary which is really handy to keep track of whats going on.
Old 9 Apr 2010, 17:54 (Ref:2669603)   #5
Nighthawk
Veteran

United Kingdom
Swindon, Wiltshire
Nighthawk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Done every one of the 24hr Britcar..On the last one i did I almost did 28 hrs solid as only myself and 1 trainee on post , managed a few hour sleep, also the midnight meal we never got as by the time we got stood down to go the canteen had closed leaving the burger van which was not that good....Still it aint put me off am doing this years event just hope we get more on post.
Old 9 Apr 2010, 18:59 (Ref:2669647)   #6
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've done the last two 24hrs and will be doing this one too, having done the last two in the Pitlane (great fun as you get to know whats going on and the gargantuan struggles to keep the car in the race) so I thought I'd join my Oulton buds on the bank and take my share of the flagging I/O'ing etc.. If we manage to take as many from Oulton as last time we should have the whole of one sector (Start/Finish straight last time from Woodcote gap to Copse in) to play in!
Old 9 Apr 2010, 19:58 (Ref:2669685)   #7
fazza
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wigan
fazza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think I'm being draw into this one have done all the 24 hour events and said that I wouldnot do this year as I'm off to Mull for the following week and then the IRC rally of Scotland the week after. the more I look at this post the more I know I will regret not doing it.
Old 9 Apr 2010, 20:22 (Ref:2669694)   #8
Dean Watson
Veteran

England
Louth, Lincolnshire
Dean Watson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i shall be there, 2 years ago I managed about 30 hrs before I was able to get a couple of hours kip more through choice though. another good piece of extra kit for a 24 hour is one of theose single burner butane camping cookers for warm drinks they also come in handy for warming hands .
Old 9 Apr 2010, 20:30 (Ref:2669696)   #9
Alan.F
Racer

England
Bolton
Alan.F should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I want to join the Oulton brigade for this years 24hr
Old 9 Apr 2010, 22:11 (Ref:2669738)   #10
Nighthawk
Veteran

United Kingdom
Swindon, Wiltshire
Nighthawk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Yes Dean always take my burner .. coffee on tap then
Old 9 Apr 2010, 22:59 (Ref:2669752)   #11
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This will be my first one since it fails to clash with anything at last. Looking forward to it already.
Old 10 Apr 2010, 13:14 (Ref:2670044)   #12
PapaJuliet
Racer

England
Midlands
PapaJuliet has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Quote:
Originally Posted by fazza View Post
I think I'm being draw into this one have done all the 24 hour events and said that I wouldnot do this year as I'm off to Mull for the following week and then the IRC rally of Scotland the week after. the more I look at this post the more I know I will regret not doing it.
You wimp fazza

We did the last 24-hour race then flew out to Singapore for the GP on the following Tuesday. OH even went to work on the Monday.

See you there?

PJ
Old 11 Apr 2010, 07:15 (Ref:2670424)   #13
gravel_monkey
Veteran

England
widnes
gravel_monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
think fazza may be a bit worried incase i fall asleep and leave him on post again
Old 11 Apr 2010, 07:48 (Ref:2670432)   #14
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Shouldnt be a problem if Im on post with you this time Andy
Old 11 Apr 2010, 08:41 (Ref:2670444)   #15
Alan.F
Racer

England
Bolton
Alan.F should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are we getting a list together of who from Oulton is going
Old 11 Apr 2010, 11:05 (Ref:2670569)   #16
alexhall
Racer

England
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
alexhall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This clashes with the 750MC at Oulton for me on the Saturday - hoping to be at Silverstone on Friday in Orange, Oulton for the stock hatch on saturday daytime and back to Silverstone for the 24hr race on Saturday evening in Orange.

Talk about dedication
Old 11 Apr 2010, 15:20 (Ref:2670831)   #17
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
I did similar three years back, did the 750 at Oulton and drove straight to Silverstone and signed on in Race control for the remaining duration of the 24hr, awesome buzz!
Old 11 Apr 2010, 16:05 (Ref:2670880)   #18
Dunc
Rookie

Scotland
Methil, Fife
Dunc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2008 I was at Stowe and we had a large oil spill all way up hanger straight and round stowe.

2009 I was at Brooklands and we had a large oil spill in the dark.

2009 season at Knockhill we had a few oil spills at the post I operate from. (supposedly a quiet post , just proves there is no such thing )
Do you see a pattern

2010 I will be at the 24Hr at silverstone suppose I better bring cement dust, detergent and a brush lol.

An event well worth the effort to get to if you can.
Old 11 Apr 2010, 18:10 (Ref:2670992)   #19
FRENCHIE44T
Racer

England
High Wycombe, BUCKS
FRENCHIE44T should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunc View Post
An event well worth the effort to get to if you can.

I totally agree with you.
Old 11 Apr 2010, 19:18 (Ref:2671037)   #20
The STIG
Veteran

United Kingdom
Too far from home
The STIG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunc View Post
oil woe
Sounds like my record at Donington! Not a single visit without an oil spil to clean up. Last time at the 24 hours I got one to play with as well, despite being flags.
Old 11 Apr 2010, 21:09 (Ref:2671102)   #21
Lord Summerisle
Veteran

England
Lancs
Lord Summerisle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by C9/89 View Post
If we manage to take as many from Oulton as last time we should have the whole of one sector (Start/Finish straight last time from Woodcote gap to Copse in) to play in!
actually extended to Cospe Out/maggots in - as me and caroline where flagging there last 24hr
Old 12 Apr 2010, 06:05 (Ref:2671226)   #22
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Summerisle View Post
actually extended to Cospe Out/maggots in - as me and caroline where flagging there last 24hr
I stand corrected! ( honestly didnt know you were there Mark!)
Old 14 Apr 2010, 17:17 (Ref:2672739)   #23
tubbylardo
Rookie

England
Gillingham, Medway
tubbylardo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that I will do it again this year. The racing was pretty dull especially at 4am but the team at Woodcote Gap was pretty good and we had a laugh.

I do remember being cold and tired. This year I don't think I will bother with a tent.... Just sleep in the car. By the time I'd walked back to the tent and got settled it was time to get up and go back to the post.
Old 15 Apr 2010, 10:34 (Ref:2673061)   #24
Red_08
Veteran

England
Mid-Cheshire
Red_08 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubbylardo View Post
This year I don't think I will bother with a tent.... Just sleep in the car. By the time I'd walked back to the tent and got settled it was time to get up and go back to the post.
Because it's October this year, sleeping in my car is my plan too. Especially during my night/morning break. Last year was fine in the tent, quite toasty, but I reckon a foggy frost may play a big part this time.
Old 15 Apr 2010, 11:51 (Ref:2673094)   #25
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_08 View Post
quite toasty, but I reckon a foggy frost may play a big part this time.
Don't like the sound of your breakfast.