Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 Sep 2012, 15:53 (Ref:3131403)   #1
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lewis to Merc F1!

Quote:
Lewis Hamilton is on the verge of leaving McLaren to drive for Mercedes next season, according to BBC F1 chief analyst Eddie Jordan.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/19489930
Old 5 Sep 2012, 15:56 (Ref:3131404)   #2
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWRv12 View Post
In the light of Bernie's slip of the tongue at the weekend about Schumacher's retirement... this does make some sense.
Old 5 Sep 2012, 16:01 (Ref:3131407)   #3
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
How to send your career backwards.
Old 5 Sep 2012, 16:02 (Ref:3131409)   #4
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
oops!
Old 5 Sep 2012, 16:04 (Ref:3131410)   #5
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
How to send your career backwards.
Far away hills are always greener !
Old 5 Sep 2012, 16:07 (Ref:3131411)   #6
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Can't believe it !
Old 5 Sep 2012, 16:18 (Ref:3131416)   #7
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Does anybody seriously take any notice of what Eddie says these days?
Old 5 Sep 2012, 16:33 (Ref:3131426)   #8
The SpeCTator
Veteran

United Kingdom
South East - England
The SpeCTator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Lewis wants to negotiate this is his only chance, unless of course he want the tropies
Old 5 Sep 2012, 16:42 (Ref:3131435)   #9
neiltb
Racer

Scotland
toronto
neiltb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
that's one way for BE to keep Mercedes around a bit longer.
Old 5 Sep 2012, 16:47 (Ref:3131445)   #10
QnickFTW
Racer

QnickFTW should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
BBC F1 chief analyst Eddie Jordan
Old 5 Sep 2012, 16:56 (Ref:3131454)   #11
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
In the light of Bernie's slip of the tongue at the weekend about Schumacher's retirement... this does make some sense.
And Schumacher to McLaren.
Old 5 Sep 2012, 16:58 (Ref:3131456)   #12
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
I'd pay to see that!

Oops sorry that's the F1 to SKY TV thread.
Old 5 Sep 2012, 17:50 (Ref:3131477)   #13
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
Hmmmm, now that would shake things up a bit. Imagine that. It would keep things interesting.

As for Lewis to Mercedes, well if it's true, then I think that it might be a good thing for him. Going to another team would give him more experience. I think he underestimated how difficult F1 actually is, with the fact that he expected to win more races and titles than he has done.

Mercedes do have Ross Brawn, Mercedes backing and that engine. They might be able to pull off some more success.
Old 5 Sep 2012, 17:56 (Ref:3131480)   #14
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
There's also the thing about Mercedes possibly being renamed 'AMG' to take into account.
Old 5 Sep 2012, 18:00 (Ref:3131482)   #15
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
There's also the thing about Mercedes possibly being renamed 'AMG' to take into account.
I thought they'd already done that.
Old 5 Sep 2012, 18:17 (Ref:3131489)   #16
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I thought they'd already done that.
No. It's still currently the Mercedes F1 team, AFAIK.

It also seems like they want to play 'hardball' with their engines.

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/2...ing-to-amg-f1/

If you were Lewis Hamilton, wouldn't you be tempted to go to a team that has exclusive use of a Mercedes engine?

EDIT: It's on the Autosport website now, so it must be true.

http://www.autosport.com/news/grapevine.php/id/102253

Last edited by Marbot; 5 Sep 2012 at 18:35.
Old 5 Sep 2012, 18:50 (Ref:3131510)   #17
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
OT: it became Mercedes AMG at the beginning of this year. I presume you're referring to just being AMG? Of course there is also the entrant name etc... which deviates again.
Old 5 Sep 2012, 19:20 (Ref:3131530)   #18
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Anyway, Louise to Mercedes. Well I never.
Old 5 Sep 2012, 19:47 (Ref:3131544)   #19
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Turning to AMG (only), getting the Merc engines exclusive (or inclusive), Lewis joining in... sounds like a plan !
Old 5 Sep 2012, 19:56 (Ref:3131553)   #20
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I read about this earlier on - not sure what to make of it.

I can understand it in one way but Hamilton doesn't seem like the type of driver to move down to a different team and attempt to build it around himself in the Schumacher mold of things. I guess the obvious paralel is when Schumacher moved to Ferrari in 1996 although Hamilton has had mixed success at McLaren.

I wonder how happy Rosberg is with Mercedes and how happy Mercedes is with Rosberg too. He's hardly lighting the world on fire although he did get that pivotal win, but since then he's been of a lower standard to Schumacher. They would get along well as team-mates but its going to be a big test to see how Hamilton fits in with a new team that he hasn't grown up with.

Mercedes' real problem is that they can't get two cars to finish in the points at most races. Is that really going to change if Hamilton goes there with a partnership of Hamilton and Rosberg? How is Hamilton going to react if he has his first winless season in Formula One?

The other question is Schumacher; If he still enjoys racing, would he go to another team and would another team take him?
Old 5 Sep 2012, 19:57 (Ref:3131554)   #21
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Graz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
Does anybody seriously take any notice of what Eddie says these days?
Did anyone ever take notice of anything that eejit ever said or still says? I've lost count of the amount of stuff he said with 'certainty' that turned out to be crap.
Old 5 Sep 2012, 20:12 (Ref:3131563)   #22
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graz View Post
Did anyone ever take notice of anything that eejit ever said or still says? I've lost count of the amount of stuff he said with 'certainty' that turned out to be crap.
To be fair, he was absolutely on the money about Schumacher returning to Merc in 2010.

I'm sure there's something else recently that he had the inside scoop on (it might have been Kimi to Lotus, but I'm not sure).

He did of course predict that the Hulk would replace Massa after his injury in 2009.
Old 5 Sep 2012, 20:22 (Ref:3131570)   #23
Ex User
Rookie

Ex User should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
EDIT: It's on the Autosport website now, so it must be true.

http://www.autosport.com/news/grapevine.php/id/102253
Just reading through the link, it says that Paul di resta would be a good replacement for Lewis if he does go to merc. Personally I would like to see Perez given the chance to drive one of the front running cars.

it would be interesting to see if Lewis can make a difference to merc if he does go there. Maybe Ross brawn and Lewis are the next winning combo
Old 5 Sep 2012, 20:32 (Ref:3131574)   #24
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't really see Paul having "it" to take over Lewis' place. Would be the Kova story all over again. Also, I'll believe this when I see it - after all, the best way to increase your salary is to be wanted somewhere else!
Old 5 Sep 2012, 20:35 (Ref:3131576)   #25
big andy
Veteran

United Kingdom
doncaster
big andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbig andy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if schuy can not win at merc what chance does Hamilton have of get top three results ????