Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Sep 2015, 12:02 (Ref:3578269)   #251
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Grosjean joins Haas: http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2015/0...on-the-podium/
Old 1 Oct 2015, 10:27 (Ref:3578559)   #252
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
So, Button it is: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/121105
Old 1 Oct 2015, 17:29 (Ref:3578656)   #253
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seems like there'll be very little movement this year, followed by plenty next with surely Kimi and Button retiring and Alonso moving on from McLaren.

Grosjean's move opens the door to Jolyon Palmer, hopefully he can secure that seat. Other than that, I imagine only Manor have any potential changes in their line-ups for us. Conitnuity. Not sure what to make of this!!!
Old 2 Oct 2015, 03:21 (Ref:3578760)   #254
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm glad Button is staying, I just hope Mags gets a second chance somewhere. It's a pitty Vandorne is unlikely to be keeping a seat warm while he waits for Button to leave, but that's F1 I guess..
Old 2 Oct 2015, 10:35 (Ref:3578815)   #255
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
So, which seats are still up for grabs?

* 1x Lotus/Renault?
* 2x Manor?
* 1x Haas?

* 1x Torro Rosso? I can only see Sainz being replaced by another Red Bull junior, if at all. Seem likely Sainz can stay on though.
Old 2 Oct 2015, 12:03 (Ref:3578826)   #256
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
So, which seats are still up for grabs?

* 1x Lotus/Renault?
* 2x Manor?
* 1x Haas?
I think that's it really - the only other unknown would be Sauber - having a contract for a race drive there means nothing as we've seen! Who knows how many drivers Sauber will sign for next year

Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
* 1x Torro Rosso? I can only see Sainz being replaced by another Red Bull junior, if at all. Seem likely Sainz can stay on though.
Unlikely, Sainz has pretty much been a match for Verstappen, he's just been a bit more under the radar. Assuming Torro Rosso are there next year I'd expect an unchanged lineup.
Old 4 Oct 2015, 15:39 (Ref:3579489)   #257
Formulahistory
Veteran

Formulahistory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mercedes: Lewis Hamilton – Nico Rosberg
Ferrari: Sebastian Vettel – Kimi Räikkönen
Williams Mercedes: Valtteri Bottas – Felipe Massa
Red Bull Ferrari: Daniel Ricciardo – Daniil Kvyat (?)
Force India Mercedes: Sergio Pérez – Nicolas Hülkenberg
Renault: Pastor Maldonado – Stoffel Vandoorne (?)
Toro Rosso Ferrari: Max Verstappen – Carlos Sainz jr. (?)
Sauber Ferrari: Felipe Nasr – Marcus Ericsson
McLaren Honda: Fernando Alonso – Jenson Button
Manor Mercedes: Alexander Rossi (?) – Pascal Wehrlein (?)
Haas Ferrari: Romain Grosjean – Esteban Gutiérrez (?)
Old 15 Oct 2015, 18:00 (Ref:3583107)   #258
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, Magnussen is officially leaving McLaren.
He doesn't have a lot of options in F1 (though he'll have plenty outside it).

Any guesses where he might go?
I'm betting IndyCars.
Old 15 Oct 2015, 23:37 (Ref:3583184)   #259
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post
Any guesses where he might go?
I'm betting IndyCars.
I'd rather WEC.
Old 16 Oct 2015, 17:58 (Ref:3583409)   #260
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
I'd rather WEC.
Same!
I'd like to see him at Le Mans alongside his Dad.
Not likely though.
Hopefully he gets a seat somewhere, plenty of LMP2's gentlemen drivers would love to race alongside an F1 driver.
Old 16 Oct 2015, 18:25 (Ref:3583422)   #261
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But it's probably just a coincidence that the announcement that Magnussen is leaving McLaren is on the same day that Lotus announce that they have a good idea of who will partner Maldonado next season...

...any bets?
Old 18 Oct 2015, 19:16 (Ref:3583946)   #262
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
I llike Lotus Deputy Team Principal Federico Gastaldi's answer to the question of whether Lotus are any closer to naming its second driver:
"The remorseless passing of time means that you always get closer to something in the future, so yes, we are closer to making an announcement."

Haha, nice answer.

Anyway, following the end of the DTM season today, 2015 champion Pascal Wehrlein said he'll be in F1 next year.
*Apparently, I didn't hear him, that's what people on various Facebook groups are saying he said.
Old 23 Oct 2015, 21:35 (Ref:3585077)   #263
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
So, Jolyon Palmer is in at Lotus then - according to its Twitter account.

The Planet-F1 forum is going to meltdown haha.
Old 23 Oct 2015, 22:00 (Ref:3585085)   #264
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Indeed Palmer has been 'confirmed'

Deserves a seat Imo, and the credibility of GP2 is only being restored with this announcement and the current grid. All we need now is for Vandoorne to somehow get a drive...
Old 23 Oct 2015, 22:45 (Ref:3585091)   #265
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Deserves a seat? Yeah, he's not undeserving, despite a bit of a daddy's boy career up until his championship, he managed to be a race winner from year 2 on and definitely delivered the goods in the final year (for DAMS, but the car isn't everything). A 4 year champ like Pastor, so it's an entertaining comparison between the two.

Personally I would have preferred Magnussen, I suspect there might be more raw talent there and I'd have liked to see it get another day in the sun. I have a feeling his F1 career is over now.
Old 23 Oct 2015, 23:34 (Ref:3585099)   #266
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Really pleased for Jolyon, that is the best F1 news i have heard for quite a while.
Old 24 Oct 2015, 03:19 (Ref:3585131)   #267
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yeah good to see Palmer step up. With Valsecchi, Leimer, Palmer, Vandoorne the last 4 gp2 champs all potentially not making it into F1, that prospect is a big disappointment and a kick in the nuts for gp2. As well as all the runners up those years not making it.

Worsened when you have Bottas and Kyvat jumping straight from gp3 and Max from F3.

So I'm happy to see Palmer get the seat. I don't think he has the talent of Vandoorne or Magnussen, who might be done now. Vandoorne I guess will just have to do testing duties next year and hope something opens up in 2017. But Palmer did own GP2 last year, it was a dominant run to the title, but Lynne and Gasly have proven it wasn't all the car after they've only managed a single win each.
Old 24 Oct 2015, 06:47 (Ref:3585163)   #268
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So more questions than answers? If Palmer is signed does that mean a) The Renault deal has fallen over? b) Renault and Redbull have come to an agreement so Ricciardo et all are not available to enstone? c) There will be a tech exodus from enstone now that Maldanado will be the lead driver!?
Old 24 Oct 2015, 07:41 (Ref:3585169)   #269
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
I'm not sure Maldonado will be lead driver! Lotus would be a bit mad to do that (saying that, it went reasonably for Williams in 2012), they'll probably have them on equal footing. Personally I'm just pleased that a talented rookie has got a chance. I think, as I've said before, 2017 will be the year of change, but Palmer is capable of doing a good job. Yes he's no Vandoorne but who is? One of the best rookies who had a chance to make it Imo.
Old 24 Oct 2015, 08:33 (Ref:3585180)   #270
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Bit underwhelming to be honest.
The reason some of those GP2 titlists didn't get a drive was because they weren't good enough and/or didn't have the backing.

Palmer is on but a better bet for a drive than KMAG, Vandoorne or Vergne?

Certainly not.

Has Palmer Senior been involved on settling some of the team's debt by any chance?
Old 24 Oct 2015, 10:33 (Ref:3585211)   #271
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Bit underwhelming to be honest.
The reason some of those GP2 titlists didn't get a drive was because they weren't good enough and/or didn't have the backing.

Palmer is on but a better bet for a drive than KMAG, Vandoorne or Vergne?

Certainly not.

Has Palmer Senior been involved on settling some of the team's debt by any chance?
I would say Jolyon is as good as KMAG, Jev has had a chance and while i agree he should still be in F1 that is the way of the world isn't it, Vandoorne will probably be a superstar though. As for Dr Jon paving the way, again, that is the way of the world and wouldn't we all do the same if we could, at least Jolyon has some real talent.
Old 24 Oct 2015, 10:43 (Ref:3585213)   #272
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Glad Jolyon has got the drive. I agree, GP2 is starting to become like it's predecessor F3000 in it's lates years, in that it's becoming a bit of an irrelevance.
Old 24 Oct 2015, 10:43 (Ref:3585214)   #273
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post

Deserves a seat Imo, and the credibility of GP2 is only being restored with this announcement and the current grid. All we need now is for Vandoorne to somehow get a drive...
Looking forward to renewing our Palmer vs Nasr discussions from the GP2 days.
Old 24 Oct 2015, 11:41 (Ref:3585218)   #274
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by cds_uk View Post
Looking forward to renewing our Palmer vs Nasr discussions from the GP2 days.
Haha, yes! The fact they've both reached F1 suggests we're both right!! Should be good.
Old 24 Oct 2015, 14:06 (Ref:3585242)   #275
Rf1 Fan
Veteran

Rf1 Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post

I don't see Vandoorne getting a seat in the near future in F1.

No cash no seat.

Same will go for Rowland,Ocon.....

In fact the only meritocratic system to get to F1 is from Red Bull.

As for Palmer he is a really good package for today's f1.

Good racer and having loads of cash from daddy difficult to beat that.

I'm not sure he would've gotten anywhere near an F1 manufacturer effort like it was 10 years ago but it is what it is.