Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who is your driver of the race?
Vettel 8 12.12%
Webber 4 6.06%
Grosjean 44 66.67%
Alonso 0 0%
Raikkonen 3 4.55%
Hulkenberg 4 6.06%
Gutierrez 3 4.55%
Rosberg 0 0%
Button 0 0%
Massa 0 0%
di Resta 0 0%
Vergne 0 0%
Ricciardo 0 0%
Sutil 0 0%
Perez 0 0%
Maldonado 0 0%
Bottas 0 0%
Pic 0 0%
Chilton 0 0%
Hamilton 0 0%
van der Garde 0 0%
Bianchi 0 0%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 13 Oct 2013, 22:16 (Ref:3317446)   #26
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ah, but it's a team effort............
Old 13 Oct 2013, 23:19 (Ref:3317472)   #27
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkG View Post
I voted for Grosjean because of the great start he made, and driving sensibly to finish in the best position he could hope for.

I'm actually finding it hard to judge drivers' performances nowadays. As was so evident today, drivers are driving way off max pace and all the decisions are made by the team over the radio. Drivers steer the cars round and the engineers advise them the pace to stick to, to hang back etc for later effort. Drivers used to have to manage their own tyres/races and just have pit-boards to assist them.
I have the same problem!
Old 14 Oct 2013, 00:12 (Ref:3317489)   #28
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ahh okay Aysedasi I'll bite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Contact with Hamilton - let's predict who didn't suffer from that then, shall we..... x
So what's your point? You state it as if it's a reason to NOT give Vettel credit for his drive, just because Hamilton got the puncture and Vettel didn't get damaged. It wasn't Vettels fault in the first place, Hamilton changed lines, not Vettel.

Quote:
Excellent strategy. Nope, I'm not even going to go there...... x
2 stops was the best strategy, particularly staying out longer to get the fresher tyres at the end.

Quote:
Great recovery. He's driving a Red Bull. x
So was Webber, who was in front of him. He didn't do a great recovery. Vettel made passing Grosjean look easy, doing it within 1 lap. Webber took several laps, on the softer tyres and a time when Grosjeans tyres were in much worse condition, and when he was getting mixed up with backmarkers.

But good Vettel drives to victory are becoming common, and if Webber was on a 2 stop, Vettel probably would have never got by. So I'll give it to Grosjean instead, he finished a long way in front of Kimi.

Gutierrez finishing 20secs behind Hulk is something he should be doing every race, not getting DOTR for it.
Old 14 Oct 2013, 02:11 (Ref:3317514)   #29
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi absolutely! He was the only one who actually passed people on several occasions. The move he made on Hulkenburg passing in a spot where no one ever does. Kimi was the only one who made things interesting. I think he enjoys starting at the back end of the top ten to maintain his motivation for racing.
Old 14 Oct 2013, 04:42 (Ref:3317534)   #30
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi for me, kudos to everyone on the podium also.
Old 14 Oct 2013, 04:57 (Ref:3317538)   #31
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Grosjean's my pick. Spirited drive and absolutely well done.

Vettel is pretty much my last choice given this race looked like a completely half-arsed attempt compared to the last four.

I think I can see a light at the end of the tunnel...
Old 14 Oct 2013, 08:28 (Ref:3317588)   #32
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
Ahh okay Aysedasi I'll bite

So what's your point? You state it as if it's a reason to NOT give Vettel credit for his drive, just because Hamilton got the puncture and Vettel didn't get damaged. It wasn't Vettels fault in the first place, Hamilton changed lines, not Vettel.

My comment was purely about luck and the way the chips tend to fall. When you're on top, you get the luck. That's all.

2 stops was the best strategy, particularly staying out longer to get the fresher tyres at the end.

Clearly so!

So was Webber, who was in front of him. He didn't do a great recovery. Vettel made passing Grosjean look easy, doing it within 1 lap. Webber took several laps, on the softer tyres and a time when Grosjeans tyres were in much worse condition, and when he was getting mixed up with backmarkers.

But good Vettel drives to victory are becoming common, and if Webber was on a 2 stop, Vettel probably would have never got by.

Indeed.

So I'll give it to Grosjean instead, he finished a long way in front of Kimi.

Gutierrez finishing 20secs behind Hulk is something he should be doing every race, not getting DOTR for it.
Agreed.
Old 14 Oct 2013, 13:07 (Ref:3317744)   #33
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Never thought that I'd ever be voting for Grosjean as DOTR! Well done that Man!
Old 14 Oct 2013, 13:16 (Ref:3317750)   #34
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Grosjean, this time.
Old 15 Oct 2013, 14:09 (Ref:3317984)   #35
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
RoGro , great drive and a fantastic start .
Old 15 Oct 2013, 14:44 (Ref:3318010)   #36
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Clive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridClive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Grosjean!
Old 16 Oct 2013, 08:41 (Ref:3318333)   #37
Grandpa_Rob
Racer

Australia
Oz
Grandpa_Rob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Grosjean nice controlled drive impressive.
Old 16 Oct 2013, 08:50 (Ref:3318338)   #38
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa_Rob View Post
Grosjean nice controlled drive impressive.
Hi! Rob. my name is Robert and I'm a grandad as well! Now there's a coincidence.

Cheers,

bauble AKA Bob.
Old 16 Oct 2013, 08:52 (Ref:3318340)   #39
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive View Post
Grosjean!
I must admit that my grasp of French (the language!) is weak, but if Gros is 'big and jean is John, might we call Romain 'Big John?

Old 16 Oct 2013, 10:03 (Ref:3318367)   #40
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Clive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridClive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
I must admit that my grasp of French (the language!) is weak, but if Gros is 'big and jean is John, might we call Romain 'Big John?

zees iss correct Babiole
Old 16 Oct 2013, 21:43 (Ref:3318652)   #41
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post

Well he was suspended for being a "big john" at the starts last year.
Old 17 Oct 2013, 11:45 (Ref:3318893)   #42
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's more 'fat' than 'big'.
Old 19 Oct 2013, 02:14 (Ref:3319680)   #43
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
The young French chap, very talented and very humble at the same time..