Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 2 Apr 2015, 13:42 (Ref:3523061)   #1
pinkd56
Racer

England
Luton
pinkd56 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dutch Touring Car Championship

I recently read that Derek Palmer Jr. is a former Dutch Touring Car Champion, does anyone know anything about the series? i.e. what ruleset they run/general standard of the series

Cheers
Old 2 Apr 2015, 13:55 (Ref:3523065)   #2
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkd56 View Post
I recently read that Derek Palmer Jr. is a former Dutch Touring Car Champion, does anyone know anything about the series? i.e. what ruleset they run/general standard of the series

Cheers
www.touringcarracing.net should have some answers...

That is if Mr. Palmer (the name doesn't ring a bell here) raced there up until early 90s.

In the late 90s there was a DTCC run to Group N rules, I think that one ended around 2001 or 2002 and since then there has been no official Dutch TC championship, there have however been classes for touring cars in Supercar Challenge and there was a Touring Car Diesel Cup for a number of seasons.

Would be easier if we knew what time frame we are talking about here.

Also DTCC will make a sort of comeback next year with the introduction of the TCR Benelux series.
Old 2 Apr 2015, 14:39 (Ref:3523083)   #3
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They're probably referring to the Dutch Supercar Challenge, where he won a race in 2007. He never was a champion though.

DTCC was a beautiful championship in late 90's / early 00's, featuring Group-N cars like the BMW 320, Renault Megane and Honda Integra.

And not to forget this huge crash from Tom Coronel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xIMxgLVNHI
Old 2 Apr 2015, 14:41 (Ref:3523084)   #4
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A point for anyone who can tell me the car with a BTCC racewinning (in its class) connection in those photos.
Old 2 Apr 2015, 14:46 (Ref:3523087)   #5
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
A point for anyone who can tell me the car with a BTCC racewinning (in its class) connection in those photos.
Norman Simon in one of the bimmers?

I remember a website with a really nice write up about DTCC, but I can't seem to find it anymore. Was in English and written from an outsiders perspective, so it gave a good overview of the series. Kinda drives me nuts right now that I don't remember the name of that site....
Old 2 Apr 2015, 15:00 (Ref:3523089)   #6
850Estate
Veteran

Sweden
GBR/SWE
850Estate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Rob Collard's Clio from '01?
Old 2 Apr 2015, 15:02 (Ref:3523090)   #7
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rob Collard raced that Clio in the BTCC and the Lexus were later converted to S2000 spec by Xero Competition.
Old 2 Apr 2015, 15:05 (Ref:3523092)   #8
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 850Estate View Post
Rob Collard's Clio from '01?
Correct The WSR Clio.
Old 2 Apr 2015, 15:08 (Ref:3523093)   #9
850Estate
Veteran

Sweden
GBR/SWE
850Estate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Correct The WSR Clio.
*Fist pumps*
Old 2 Apr 2015, 21:51 (Ref:3523213)   #10
Metzo
Racer

Germany
Berlin
Metzo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramzel View Post
DTCC was a beautiful championship in late 90's / early 00's, featuring Group-N cars like the BMW 320, Renault Megane and Honda Integra.
the same cars as in the Deutsche Tourenwagen Challenge back in it's heydays. remember both series raced together at the Nürburgring for a non championship race. some pictures: http://www.spmm.de/index.php?kat=fot...d&dir=20020921
Old 3 Apr 2015, 07:49 (Ref:3523276)   #11
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
The team's PR describes Plamer's 'Biggest race achievements' as 'Winning Dutch Touring Cars'. If he is being described elsewhere as a former Dutch TC champion then it sounds like someone has either misinterpreted or embellished the PR without doing any further research.

Of course it doesn't help that the PR isn't especially clear or totally accurate to start with.
Old 3 Apr 2015, 08:42 (Ref:3523287)   #12
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He drove the touring-class in the Supercar Challenge and won a race, so in a way that's winning at Dutch Touring Cars If it's your biggest achievement at BTCC level it's nothing too impressive though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metzo View Post
the same cars as in the Deutsche Tourenwagen Challenge back in it's heydays. remember both series raced together at the Nürburgring for a non championship race. some pictures: http://www.spmm.de/index.php?kat=fot...d&dir=20020921
Cool pictures, thanks for the link!