Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 20 Aug 2006, 21:07 (Ref:1687739)   #1
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Bentley Drivers Club Silverstone.

Did anyone else attend this event?

Great racing and the usual friendly atmosphere, the Morgans were good value and the wet weather certainly added a bit of spice to the latter races with some of the Vintage Bentleys displaying amazing understeer at Copse. If only I could post pictures you would see what I mean.

The last race was red flagged after a Mallock hit the banking opposite the pits.
Does anyone know how the driver is?

If you were not there it is well worth flagging it for 2007.

A point for the History forum; Did you know that the first ever meeting at Silverstone was the Bentley Drivers Club's, back in 1948?
Old 21 Aug 2006, 07:27 (Ref:1687924)   #2
M Greenslade
Veteran

England
Chipping Norton, Oxon
M Greenslade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank you for your kind words and a big thank you also to all the Marshals, Officials, Competitors and sometimes slightly soggy spectators that made the day such a success - thank you

Martin Greenslade - Race Admin BDC
Old 21 Aug 2006, 09:18 (Ref:1687996)   #3
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

I was there bauble, at Brooklands,
I was very impressed with the event. Full grids, lots of variety and despite the weather, some great races, and an hour and a half lunch break! The Morgans were great, and the BRDC stand behind us seemed to be full with the Morgan's supporters club, which was quite entertaining. The Bentley Napier was the star of the show though, aswell as Derek Bell tearing round in the Le Mans Bentley
A good day marred, however, by the crash in the last race. I too hope the driver is O.K.
Well done BDC, hope to see you next year.
Old 21 Aug 2006, 09:28 (Ref:1687998)   #4
M Greenslade
Veteran

England
Chipping Norton, Oxon
M Greenslade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quick reply - driver is OK, just complaining of a dented wallett!!

Martin - BDC
Old 21 Aug 2006, 16:03 (Ref:1688140)   #5
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thank goodness for that. Oddly enough, I had reassured one of our party with virtually the same expression - "bruised wallet".

I've just done some totting up and realised in retrospect that this was my 25th Bentley Drivers Club Silverstone as a spectator, having been taken to my first one in 1970 at the age of three. As far as I'm concerned it always has been and always will be the pre-eminent club race meeting. Not only excellent racing with the most eclectic of grids, but with a circuit full of spectating cars that are the stuff of dreams.

One day I will have my touring four-and-a-half... one day.

Here's looking forward to BDC Silverstone number 59.
Old 21 Aug 2006, 16:08 (Ref:1688143)   #6
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Are there any results on the internet anywher or does anyone have any, interested in the Thoroughbred Sports race
Old 21 Aug 2006, 16:52 (Ref:1688176)   #7
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
http://www.theresults.co.uk/2006bentley_results.htm
Old 21 Aug 2006, 19:58 (Ref:1688241)   #8
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Thanks
Old 22 Aug 2006, 18:49 (Ref:1688965)   #9
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Whiteflag, were you marshalling at the end of the Club Straight?

I was there taking photos for a couple of races ie Race 4 and the last.

Some of my shots in the rain are quite pleasing and I will send you a selection if you would like. pm address for a CD of the meeting.

There is a bit about the meeting on this web site bbc.co.uk/threecounties click on sport.

At least I could get out of the rain in between races.

Regards.
Old 23 Aug 2006, 12:17 (Ref:1689509)   #10
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble
Whiteflag, were you marshalling at the end of the Club Straight?

I was there taking photos for a couple of races ie Race 4 and the last.

Some of my shots in the rain are quite pleasing and I will send you a selection if you would like. pm address for a CD of the meeting.

There is a bit about the meeting on this web site bbc.co.uk/threecounties click on sport.

At least I could get out of the rain in between races.

Regards.
I was indeed bauble, I was the good looking one
I have sent you a PM.
Old 23 Aug 2006, 12:50 (Ref:1689576)   #11
bauble
Veteran

England
Funny! I don't remember any good looking.......... Shut up bauble.
Old 26 Aug 2006, 06:48 (Ref:1691905)   #12
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
What about Richard Frankel and his real GTA.Now that was special.