Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 14 Feb 2006, 20:31 (Ref:1522883)   #1
Nittymaki
Racer

Nittymaki has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Sky Sports is Go.............

Some great news, all those doubters who didn't think this would happen, here is the provisional sheduling for the Super Series to be on SKy Sports. It will be shown 5 days after Croft. Each event after this will be shown on the Thursday after each event, so you don't have to wait long to see yourself in action.

SKY SPORTS announce provisional Croft Rallycross Television scheduling

SKY SPORTS have today issued the provisional transmission times for the opening event in the 2006 Rallycross Super Series (The English Rallycross Masters), which will be held at Croft Circuit on Sunday March 12th. The first television showing is scheduled for Friday March 17th at 6pm on SKY SPORTS Xtra (five days after the event at Croft), which will be repeated on three occasions.

English Rallycross Masters (Croft Circuit) Provisional transmission times:

17/03/06 at 18.00 on Sky Sports Xtra
18/03/06 at 04.00 on Sky Sports Xtra
19/03/06 at 13.30 on Sky Sports Xtra
20/03/06 at 00.30 on Sky Sports Xtra

(Make sure you have your entries in, this is gonna be a good one!)
Old 15 Feb 2006, 11:49 (Ref:1523319)   #2
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sky Sports... Does this mean I have to go to the pub?
Old 13 Mar 2006, 20:08 (Ref:1547453)   #3
Nittymaki
Racer

Only 5 days to go until we finally see some superb rallycross back on tv in the Uk.

Get you video's set for 6pm on friday for the English Masters, the dawn of a new era for rallycross on tv.

Hope the action is good as im sure the weather will of spiced things up a bit.
Old 13 Mar 2006, 22:25 (Ref:1547572)   #4
B Friendly
Racer

United Kingdom
East Yorkshire
B Friendly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will it be shown on terrestrial channel 5 later on, as a mere mortal like myself does not have sky tv.
Old 14 Mar 2006, 13:02 (Ref:1547952)   #5
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

It'll be awesome to see Rallycross back on TV again - hopefully a terrestrial channel will pick up highlights?

I hardly dare ask this for fear of starting another fight but...

Has the BRC made any progress with a TV deal? The website doesn't look as though its been updated recently. Would be great to see both series on TV.
Old 14 Mar 2006, 13:23 (Ref:1547973)   #6
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!

You had to ask that question didn't you?
Old 14 Mar 2006, 13:35 (Ref:1547990)   #7
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hehe - apologies - but I have been away and out of the loop for a few weeks!

(Don't you just luv these smileys!)
Old 14 Mar 2006, 13:53 (Ref:1548009)   #8
moyzer
Racer

United Kingdom
Aldermaston, Berks
moyzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not slagging any part of the afternoons events etc, but the TV producers will have a job getting a half hour program together with any racing substance. Plenty of spinning cars though!!

Everyone I've asked who has Sky didn't even know whether they had Sky Sports Xtra anyway!!

You really had to be there to appreciate how cold and windy it was (hence no pics from me either) so I hope the footage does it some justice.
Old 14 Mar 2006, 17:57 (Ref:1548197)   #9
ebby
Racer

United Kingdom
near Lydden, Kent
ebby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sky Sports Xtra is also a premium channel you have to subscripe to the Sky Sports Collection on NTL to receive it...

The coverage is wasted, I think more people will watch the Lydden BRC on Easter Monday live actually there at Lydden than will watch this programme on Sky Sports Xtra...
Old 14 Mar 2006, 20:28 (Ref:1548889)   #10
silver bullet
Race Official
RallyCross Legend and Scourge of Top Gear Presenters
Veteran

United Kingdom
silver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
IMHO any TV coverage is better than none at all. I know we would all like to see rallycross back on prime time Saturday afternoon terrestrial TV but that is never going to happen again. The main thing is UK rallycross is back on telly, and hopefully its a step we can build on. Who knows if we can build up a head of steam it may be possible to get a slot on a Sunday afternoon on ITV if they revive the Speed Sunday programme.

If the producers need to fill out the footage of the English Masters meeting, I hope they had their cameras running during the Stockhatch and Minicross 'A' finals, they were two cracking races.
Old 14 Mar 2006, 20:57 (Ref:1548937)   #11
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebby
Sky Sports Xtra is also a premium channel you have to subscripe to the Sky Sports Collection on NTL to receive it...

The coverage is wasted, I think more people will watch the Lydden BRC on Easter Monday live actually there at Lydden than will watch this programme on Sky Sports Xtra...
Personally I don't know a single person who has Sky that doesn't recieve Sky Sports Xtra, particularly sports fans.

This kind of coverage is usually seen on the Motorsport Mundial type programs a few months down the line, i.e. on Men & Motors/ late night Channel 5 etc.

The only time I personally will see any coverage of the BRC will be half page coverage in Motorsport News, on the very rare occasions I actually buy it.
Old 15 Mar 2006, 08:40 (Ref:1549271)   #12
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
I'm another peasant without Sky so I hope it does make it onto channel five or men and motors - from the photos it looks like it would be great to watch.
Old 15 Mar 2006, 16:20 (Ref:1549610)   #13
GreenSaxo
Racer

England
Ashford, Kent
GreenSaxo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2
I'm another peasant without Sky so I hope it does make it onto channel five or men and motors - from the photos it looks like it would be great to watch.
bert.. do u have a vcr still??? or have u replaced that for a modern dvd player?? i think i can tape if for u if you want...
Old 15 Mar 2006, 16:52 (Ref:1549623)   #14
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenSaxo
bert.. do u have a vcr still??? or have u replaced that for a modern dvd player?? i think i can tape if for u if you want...
I have a VCR and a DVD player (ooh look at me - Mr technology ). Thanks for the offer but I already have someone on the case (thanks Alan) Ten-Tenths to the rescue
Old 15 Mar 2006, 16:59 (Ref:1549630)   #15
GreenSaxo
Racer

England
Ashford, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2
I have a VCR and a DVD player (ooh look at me - Mr technology ). Thanks for the offer but I already have someone on the case (thanks Alan) Ten-Tenths to the rescue
ok mate will probably tape it.. so use me as a backup if your other plan fails!
Old 15 Mar 2006, 18:00 (Ref:1549676)   #16
moyzer
Racer

United Kingdom
Aldermaston, Berks
moyzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't forget there's an end of season DVD promised. If you can wait that long!! Don't worry Bert, it'll soon be Lydden, so you can get your fix then!!
Old 15 Mar 2006, 22:14 (Ref:1549863)   #17
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by moyzer
Don't worry Bert, it'll soon be Lydden, so you can get your fix then!!
I'll be popping down for the general test day too - there's usually a couple of rallycrossers sneak out for that amongst all the circuit racing types.
Old 17 Mar 2006, 17:11 (Ref:1551258)   #18
Nittymaki
Racer

Under an hour to go until the RSS is on tv - Sky Sports Extra @ 6pm!! Exciting times - Rallycross in Great Britain back on tv!!! It should be some of the best footage of Rallycross ever with Arthur commentating and Hayfisher who produce British F3, GT and DTM editing. Roll on 6pm!
Old 17 Mar 2006, 17:22 (Ref:1551263)   #19
M.Lowe
Veteran

M.Lowe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking forward to it
Old 17 Mar 2006, 18:00 (Ref:1551299)   #20
GreenSaxo
Racer

England
Ashford, Kent
On Now!!!!!
Old 17 Mar 2006, 19:02 (Ref:1551356)   #21
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
IMO, good coverage for competitors and sponsors.
Old 17 Mar 2006, 20:36 (Ref:1551439)   #22
M.Lowe
Veteran

M.Lowe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For what it was it was good with Arthur D and Larry Carter doing the Commentaries reminded me of the old Screensport days.

The main thing is we have Rallycross TV coverage and as the season goes on the coverage will have more action in it

Well done
Old 17 Mar 2006, 22:35 (Ref:1551507)   #23
Spectator
Racer

United Kingdom
East Sussex
Spectator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just watched the tape of Croft. Good coverage of all classes.
Good well informed commentaries for the uninitiated but what else would you expect.
Did anyone else spot Dave Bellerby spannering for Kevin Proctor?
Old 17 Mar 2006, 23:48 (Ref:1551566)   #24
HrRACING
Veteran

United Kingdom
Shropshire / Mid Wales
HrRACING should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectator
Just watched the tape of Croft. Good coverage of all classes.
Good well informed commentaries for the uninitiated but what else would you expect.
Did anyone else spot Dave Bellerby spannering for Kevin Proctor?
They are brother-in-law or something like that!

Does anyone ahve a tape of the action? Obviosly I missed it because i'm abroad at the mo!
Old 18 Mar 2006, 13:26 (Ref:1551793)   #25
Queen
Veteran

England
North Lincolnshire
Queen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridQueen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
From what I saw Martin Tinker spent most of the day spannering for Kev and Joe. I have not seen Martin so happy in along time. I just wish he would get a car and make a come back.