Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 2 Jan 2002, 09:13 (Ref:192594)   #1
H16
Racer

H16 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can the Judd be taken seriously next year?

I have never been a tremendous fan of Judd engines. In Formula One, they were never specatcular, only flattered by an occasionally good chassis, such as a Newey Leyton House, a Williams, or perhaps a Lotus. (Don't forget they also ran in Tyrrells and an Arrows as Yamahas). They were unreliable and not very powerful. In CART, they were similar to F1, with Rahal squeezing out a win in Pocono in 1988 but not much else.

They haven't exactly covered themselves in supremecy with thier F1 derived V10 engine in Sports Cars, with more than a few problems lasting 24 hours. Do you think that any car powered by a Judd V10 next year can seriously contend for a podium at Le Mans?

I was suprised to see ORECA go with the Judd to their Dallara chassis, as I thought perhaps Mugen might be a good supplement for the Mopar. That Dallara is a pretty good car, and if Judd can showcase the engine, I suspect it might be in that.

Can they make the cut?
Old 2 Jan 2002, 09:19 (Ref:192596)   #2
Es Nes
Veteran

Es Nes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the 5l engine, yes. with a longer stroke, hopefully theyve gotten more torque and hopefull about the same about of hp with less revs.

it has been proven popular though. how many were used in fia scc in 01? lol.
Old 2 Jan 2002, 20:59 (Ref:192918)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
After the showing at Le Mans last year, one finish would be a major improvement!

But I wish them loads of luck.
Old 2 Jan 2002, 22:20 (Ref:192978)   #4
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yup, if a Judd can last 24hrs, it is the GV5. There will be some of them running in the Rolex 24, I believe, so that should be a good "dress rehearsal" for the Sarthe.