Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 7 Jan 2017, 07:32 (Ref:3700751)   #4926
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
GT things most likely refers to the 5 and 3 series GT, not the racecars.
Ha! Whoops. Yeah the ultimate driving bubbles driven by people on the street, not the racecars.
Old 7 Jan 2017, 08:48 (Ref:3700756)   #4927
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
TzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
What happened to this thread anyway?
Guess who.
Old 7 Jan 2017, 13:31 (Ref:3700794)   #4928
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzeiTzei View Post
Guess who.

Completely accurate.
Old 7 Jan 2017, 14:57 (Ref:3700801)   #4929
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So Wolf will be in the TRG #991 and Bergmiester in the #73 Park Place GTDs all season.

L.P.
Old 7 Jan 2017, 17:42 (Ref:3700815)   #4930
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
So Wolf will be in the TRG #991 and Bergmiester in the #73 Park Place GTDs all season.
Good to see the old Porsche drivers find a drive in IMSA again.
Old 7 Jan 2017, 18:03 (Ref:3700820)   #4931
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
It’s understood the DAC Lamborghini is a full-season entry.
from SC365's Fri notebook.
Old 8 Jan 2017, 20:14 (Ref:3701101)   #4932
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
from SC365's Fri notebook.
Good to have new teams joining the series.
Old 8 Jan 2017, 21:22 (Ref:3701117)   #4933
DeezPutz
Racer

DeezPutz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDeezPutz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
Not sure which year Porsche gets to win with its new mid-engined chassis. I am sure they will lobby for the right to win, telling IMSA that if they cannot justify the new chassis to management the racing program will be shut down.
Your dog whistle needs tuning.
Old 9 Jan 2017, 00:55 (Ref:3701147)   #4934
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Back to the 'Art Car', my first impression was: "Bimmer has so little confidence in their pace that they stuck fast in all caps so that word will be reported about them just in case it isn't true." Then my second thought was: "Oh right, BoP. Nevermind."
Old 9 Jan 2017, 02:52 (Ref:3701153)   #4935
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
I doubt IMSA will modify the schedule at this point but with GTD at Long Beach it is going to get crowded there. I was hoping they stick to P/GTLM only for that event.
Old 9 Jan 2017, 03:48 (Ref:3701167)   #4936
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
I'm sure they'll restrict the full season entries in GTD to 20 at max. to control the overall count.
Old 9 Jan 2017, 13:07 (Ref:3701250)   #4937
JLGarcia
Racer

JLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJLGarcia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Good to have new teams joining the series.
They've never really had a problem attracting new teams.

Keeping existing ones, on the other hand...
Old 9 Jan 2017, 14:49 (Ref:3701275)   #4938
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
I doubt IMSA will modify the schedule at this point but with GTD at Long Beach it is going to get crowded there. I was hoping they stick to P/GTLM only for that event.
They probably had the same amount of cars there when it was an ALMS event.

-------

For the non-NAEC rounds, just make the cars qualify in if there's an over-subscribed class.

Cap GTD at say, 20. 24 cars show up, have em qualify for the 20 spots, simple as that.
Old 9 Jan 2017, 17:22 (Ref:3701309)   #4939
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Is there an actual full season or Daytona entry list yet, officially?
Old 9 Jan 2017, 17:40 (Ref:3701315)   #4940
Coach Ep
Veteran

No, but the Roar was mandatory for all Rolex entries.

So the same 55 it will be:
http://competitors.imsa.com/sites/de...entry_list.pdf
Old 9 Jan 2017, 17:41 (Ref:3701316)   #4941
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The Ax will hang the helmet up after the Rolex 24.
http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/13757...after-rolex-24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
I just looked and nothing official official that I could find, but the 24 entry should be very close to the Roar entry.
Old 9 Jan 2017, 18:28 (Ref:3701341)   #4942
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Probably, yep, but they removed that one from their site too! No worries, have picked it up from scoring, about 24 GTDs, of which I expect 15-18 to be full season.
Old 9 Jan 2017, 19:10 (Ref:3701350)   #4943
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
In 2016 IMSA released a full season entry list between Sebring and Long Beach
Old 18 Jan 2017, 23:54 (Ref:3703441)   #4944
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Genuinely impressed with the Prototype BoP choices for the 24. No huge swings at anything, all changes seem to be fairly set - nothing that could blatantly give the DPis an unrecoverable advantage.

The only concern I'll be watching is the effect of the fuel flow settings - DPis do need more fuel due to thirstier engines, but I'm a little concerned they might have been given a bit too much. But it's within a range that I can give a benefit of the doubt to for the time being - it's literally only JUST enough for my brain to go to if the DPis end up being suspiciously quick.

One things for sure; If the DPis sandbagged at the Roar, IMSA didn't bite.
Old 20 Jan 2017, 13:51 (Ref:3703820)   #4945
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaFox View Post

One things for sure; If the DPis sandbagged at the Roar, IMSA didn't bite.
Oh. They did. Something odd with the Caddy and the sector times...especially through the bus stop.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 20 Jan 2017, 17:30 (Ref:3703877)   #4946
wdave0
Veteran

United States
NY
wdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
Oh. They did. Something odd with the Caddy and the sector times...especially through the bus stop.
I agree - the Caddies were strangely slow where they should have been fast. Looks like IMSA figured them out - the body gurney (airbrake) stayed at 30mm.
Old 20 Jan 2017, 19:11 (Ref:3703902)   #4947
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMedic9019 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdave0 View Post
I agree - the Caddies were strangely slow where they should have been fast. Looks like IMSA figured them out - the body gurney (airbrake) stayed at 30mm.
You know, there's this thing that, if done improperly, can cause a car to be very unstable and as a result be genuinely slow in areas where it makes no sense for them to be, and which is much, MUCH more likely to be done improperly on a brand new car.

It's called "setup."

In all seriousness, it is at LEAST as possible for the suspicious matter to have been issues with the setup of the Caddys as it is for this to have been sandbagging. Everyone has new cars, so nobody has things completely dialed in yet, regardless of any sandbagging attempts.
Old 20 Jan 2017, 20:45 (Ref:3703917)   #4948
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaFox View Post
You know, there's this thing that, if done improperly, can cause a car to be very unstable and as a result be genuinely slow in areas where it makes no sense for them to be, and which is much, MUCH more likely to be done improperly on a brand new car.

It's called "setup."

In all seriousness, it is at LEAST as possible for the suspicious matter to have been issues with the setup of the Caddys as it is for this to have been sandbagging. Everyone has new cars, so nobody has things completely dialed in yet, regardless of any sandbagging attempts.
Problem is, when you look through the splits, it doesn't make sense. Coupled with the IMSA data, it's wonky, enough that it's not a setup "miss" when compared to the remainder of the sector splits.

Last edited by MoMedic9019; 20 Jan 2017 at 20:50.
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 20 Jan 2017, 20:46 (Ref:3703918)   #4949
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdave0 View Post
I thought it was 5mm now? Unless I read it wrong.
Old 20 Jan 2017, 21:24 (Ref:3703925)   #4950
wdave0
Veteran

United States
NY
wdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I thought it was 5mm now? Unless I read it wrong.
Wing gurney is 5, body gurney is 30.

I might believe a common set-up problem if they hadn't already run before. Of course, running with a bad setup would be easily dumpable sand.