Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 Jul 2014, 12:05 (Ref:3430869)   #26
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Lap 1 ... I rest my case
Old 6 Jul 2014, 12:09 (Ref:3430872)   #27
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Is he really any kind of 'victim'? I hardly think so.
Agreed completely. It's clear his motivation in going there has been financial and little else. It's almost like he doesn't want to be there.

On a related subject, I didn't like the interview EJ did with Marco Mattiacci yesterday. He came across as slimy, evasive and very political... exactly what Ferrari does not need right now. I wouldn't be surprised if both Alonso and Raikkonen are out at the end of this year... along with many of the better technical staff. Ferrari appears to be plunging deeper into a period of wilderness.
Old 6 Jul 2014, 12:56 (Ref:3430926)   #28
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
He's not in it for the money. He's already received numerous, significant cash pay-outs in the course of his career i.e his following his first stint at Ferrari.

He's in it to enjoy himself but that's different from putting in the hard slog required to be, uh, competitive and to challenge Alonso. Part of that 'hard slog' is to play a little bit of politics as well - to defend his corner with the team. But he never had the appetite to play the smart political game.

Last edited by Paradise City; 6 Jul 2014 at 13:02.
Old 6 Jul 2014, 13:01 (Ref:3430929)   #29
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobP View Post
But Kimi had nowhere else to go. To be fair, Lotus also made a dog of a car this season. Moreover, Lotus always had financial difficulties delaying Kimi's salary, while Ferrari offers some of the most generous salaries.
I reckon it was mainly due to the salary issue.
Old 6 Jul 2014, 19:22 (Ref:3431129)   #30
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
He's not in it for the money. He's already received numerous, significant cash pay-outs in the course of his career i.e his following his first stint at Ferrari.

He's in it to enjoy himself but that's different from putting in the hard slog required to be, uh, competitive and to challenge Alonso. Part of that 'hard slog' is to play a little bit of politics as well - to defend his corner with the team. But he never had the appetite to play the smart political game.
I would agree with this. He had a situation at Lotus that was untenable but where could he go? Talked to Red Bull and Ferrari. he knew Ferrari, they knew him, paid well and up to date.
However the new formula, the F14T is a dog of a car, and the internal politics of Ferrari....

Well don't forget that after his championship year he let Massa carry a lot of the results with him being a support until Massa got Barrichello's spring bounce up and suddenly Kimi upped his game for the rest of the year.
Later he got dismissed when Alonso was taken on and had a sabbatical.

He is NOT political, and prefers support, probably likes it when he is the king of the team's focus. Then he is motivated. That happened at Lotus, which is why he had good results and the team is also probably free of the politics.

Going to Ferrari was probably a mistake because he wasn't going to be king, Alonso reigns there.

The car is hard to handle and Alonso makes Kimi look bad but the car may really as bad as where Raikkonen puts it.
When Alonso went to Ferrari, Massa was motivated but the subsequent years saw his decline and I wonder really if Ferrari is capable of running two top drivers.

Internal politics and division may be the norm and in that case the Todt-Brawn-Schumacher years were the exception because the 'outsiders' discipline ruled the day. They prepared two good cars but Michael's rule meant he was always preferred.
Under Italian management they may play the drivers off against each other and Kimi isn't going to flourish under that sort of management.
Old 7 Jul 2014, 07:08 (Ref:3431287)   #31
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeks6 View Post
he has always been a moving speed hump ... long overdue that he gives someone with ability a chance
ALWAYS.

God I have missed you!
Old 7 Jul 2014, 07:33 (Ref:3431298)   #32
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeks6 View Post
Lap 1 ... I rest my case
just one incident...
Old 7 Jul 2014, 23:03 (Ref:3431586)   #33
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
So I guess I'll just leave it to the experts:

"Mercedes non-executive chairman Lauda said Raikkonen had to accept responsibility for rejoining the track in the way that he did.

“One other criticism I have is that Kimi made a mistake,” said Lauda.

“He went wide, so why does he come in balls out and then crash? Hopefully nothing happened [to hurt him], but it was unnecessary.”
Old 8 Jul 2014, 01:08 (Ref:3431613)   #34
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
47G hit reported...
Old 8 Jul 2014, 07:39 (Ref:3431675)   #35
darcym
Veteran

darcym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
shocked by the comments in this thread. Kimi has been a fantastic driver throughout his F1 career, amazing breakthrough at Sauber, fantastic years at McLaren, solid Ferrari stint with a WDC, great comeback with Lotus, all efforts above the car mostly, or maximising the car that was good.

he's having a really bad time this year at Ferrari, with lots going on, new team, car not great, team in a bad way and huge difference to the cars and the way to drive them and use them, it's almost like a new formula, is this formula for him from a political view, no, I don't think so, is it for him from a driving point of view, I don't know, can he adapt ? does he want to adapt ? is it fun (it's not fun for me watching basically a fuel saving formula), all valid questions, but to make comments such as "no talent" etc is just silly, the guys been an amazing driver throughout his whole career in F1
Old 8 Jul 2014, 07:44 (Ref:3431679)   #36
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by darcym View Post
shocked by the comments in this thread. Kimi has been a fantastic driver throughout his F1 career, amazing breakthrough at Sauber, fantastic years at McLaren, solid Ferrari stint with a WDC, great comeback with Lotus, all efforts above the car mostly, or maximising the car that was good.

he's having a really bad time this year at Ferrari, with lots going on, new team, car not great, team in a bad way and huge difference to the cars and the way to drive them and use them, it's almost like a new formula, is this formula for him from a political view, no, I don't think so, is it for him from a driving point of view, I don't know, can he adapt ? does he want to adapt ? is it fun (it's not fun for me watching basically a fuel saving formula), all valid questions, but to make comments such as "no talent" etc is just silly, the guys been an amazing driver throughout his whole career in F1
Prepare for Mr Deeks to call you a "fanboi"

Yes, we've probably been a little harsh on Kimi, but this season has been very poor by his standards...
Old 8 Jul 2014, 18:38 (Ref:3431884)   #37
darcym
Veteran

darcym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've been very disappointed with his results this year, I'd like to know/understand the factors behind it, but it's quite hard to just guess at that.