Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One > Predictions Contest & Fun

Old 25 Jul 2014, 02:29 (Ref:3437551)   #76
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
I thought Ferrari/Mercedes would be a good combination to based on last season too.Unfortunately Ferrari turned up with a red dog this season.
Its looking like bribery or corruption is the only way my teams getting near the front this season.
Old 21 Aug 2014, 17:38 (Ref:3446039)   #77
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No offence to Rossi, but I can't see him being able to come in & set the world alight so Racing for Sealand would like to use our free transfer + some of our 5,000 unspent budget and replace Chilton/Rossi with Jules Bianchi.

Driver 1: Button 35,000
Driver 2: Bianchi 12,000
Chassis: Mercedes 30,000
Engine: Mercedes 20,000
Old 21 Aug 2014, 23:53 (Ref:3446108)   #78
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This change has been verified and accepted in time for the Belgian round
Old 30 Aug 2014, 23:20 (Ref:3449142)   #79
Armco Bender
Veteran

New Zealand
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
OK its desperation time for Team Sheepchasers,can we replace Hulkenberg with Rosberg please.
Old 30 Aug 2014, 23:37 (Ref:3449145)   #80
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
OK its desperation time for Team Sheepchasers,can we replace Hulkenberg with Rosberg please.
Sorry Armco that combination Rosberg, Magnussen, Ferrari chassis and Mercedes power is already in use I'm afraid.
Old 31 Aug 2014, 01:38 (Ref:3449153)   #81
Armco Bender
Veteran

New Zealand
Plan B....how about Rosberg,Kvyat,Ferrari,Merc.....and a few sheep..
Old 31 Aug 2014, 21:34 (Ref:3449345)   #82
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
Plan B....how about Rosberg,Kvyat,Ferrari,Merc.....and a few sheep..
Plan B has been accepted, as these constitute the second and third changes they have cost Armco 40 points worth of sheep.
Old 1 Sep 2014, 16:31 (Ref:3449523)   #83
Tucky
Racer

United Kingdom
Brighton
Tucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
For another 10 sheep the German Court will end any bribery investigation involving farm animals
Old 9 Oct 2014, 21:04 (Ref:3462700)   #84
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
In light of Jules Bianchi's accident, the fact that in F1 and the fantasy comp the show must go on, and the uncertainty of whether Marussia would run 2 cars this weekend.

I had reached out privately to the 2 fantasy team owners who had Bianchi in their teams. The rules of the game as post 1 of the thread cover driver injury in such a way that ...

1: You can change your driver again for a 20 point penalty.
2: Take the any points that a replacement driver scores.

The Rules as written don't cover a scenario whereby the team only run one car, and as such don't field an replacement driver, so Isuggested a third option to be used only if there is no second car...

3: If you remain with Bianchi for this race only I'm prepared to award 5 points against his name. This comes from his fantasy average over the 15 races this season of 4.53333.

Both Courageous (Racing for Sealand) and steve_r (Rude Nose Racing) opted to go with option 2 and if necessary option 3.

As I write this Alex Rossi has been named as a driver for the full race weekend so hopefully Option 3 won't need to be activated.

I hope that everyone see this as trying to be as fair as possible in the circumstances.

SBF.
Old 10 Oct 2014, 12:02 (Ref:3462932)   #85
MikeManNZ
Racer

MikeManNZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SBF

Marussia have announced that they will only be running one car this weekend (Source) so it will be option 3.
Old 15 Oct 2014, 00:25 (Ref:3465139)   #86
MikeManNZ
Racer

MikeManNZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Duke GPE is letting Danny Kvyat go and replacing him with Kevin Magnussen
Old 15 Oct 2014, 22:06 (Ref:3465460)   #87
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeManNZ View Post
Duke GPE is letting Danny Kvyat go and replacing him with Kevin Magnussen
This change has been accepted. This is Duke GPE's second change and costs the team 20 points.
Old 16 Oct 2014, 07:38 (Ref:3465521)   #88
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hmm. Why am I still jerking around with Magnussen when I can afford Ricciardo. Please replace kmag for Dani!
Old 16 Oct 2014, 21:24 (Ref:3465743)   #89
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
Hmm. Why am I still jerking around with Magnussen when I can afford Ricciardo. Please replace kmag for Dani!
The team change for Razzzors Edge is confirm and in place for the US GP.
Old 27 Oct 2014, 11:56 (Ref:3469040)   #90
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Please remind me the penalty (if any) I would receive if I have Caterham or Marussia or one of their drivers in my team, assuming they miss one or more rounds.
Old 27 Oct 2014, 17:30 (Ref:3469126)   #91
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
There is currently nothing in the rules which cover teams withdrawing or going bust.

I shall look at the situation tonight and elaborate on options for those who have caterham or Marussia drivers.
Old 27 Oct 2014, 23:27 (Ref:3469229)   #92
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
OK I've given this some thought, and I'm trying to be fair, as I'm included (albeit propping up the results table), here are my thoughts.

The Teams have withdrawn effectively from the USA and (likely for Marussia) Brazil. I personally doubt either will make Abu Dhabi so I have to consider that as well.

The drivers as far as the fantasy competition is concerned could be snapped up by another team (there is rules provision for that).

As such I have decided that the Kobayashi, Ericsson, Chilton and Bianchi will be scored at zero points.

Should you wish to make a change the regular 20 point penalty applies if this is your second or more change.

There are 8 teams this concerns

Rude Nose Racing and Racing for Sealand
You both have Bianchi as a driver. You have 15,000 to replace him should you wish.

Magic Cats Racing, you have Kobayashi. You have 15,000 to replace him with should you wish.

Little Hotels, Rolling Chicane Racing and Polar Bear Racing. You have Chilton as a driver, You have 15,000 to replace him with should you wish.

TS Racing and SBF Racing both have Chilton as a driver. You have 10,000 and 20,000 respectively to replace him should you wish.

The Teams must remain unique, the current team line up is shown below....

Click image for larger version

Name:	teams.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	221.2 KB
ID:	43946

Rude Nose Racing and Magic Cats as you both have the same Primary driver, constructor and Power Unit provider. It would be unfair to allow possible timezone differences to decide the first choice of a unique team.
So please PM me your replacement driver choices. If you both select the same driver, I will allow it to stand for the remaining races of the year given the exceptional circumstances.

Everyone else please post your changes in the conventional way.

The Driver options are

Vergne 15,000
Gutierrez 15,000
Magnusson 5,000
Kvyat 5,000

The cut off remains the start of FP1 on Friday, whatever time that may be where you are.

Last edited by ScotsBrutesFan; 27 Oct 2014 at 23:49.
Old 28 Oct 2014, 00:51 (Ref:3469249)   #93
icemachine
Veteran

Canada
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
icemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridicemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll pick up Magnusson then, Thanks SBF
Old 28 Oct 2014, 08:58 (Ref:3469317)   #94
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Driver change for Little Hotels please.

I would hve liked Magnussen to replace Chilton but that would clash with Duke GPE. So I'll take Vergne.

Thanks for the PM reminder, SBF. I would have missed it otherwise.
Old 28 Oct 2014, 14:02 (Ref:3469392)   #95
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Racing for Sealand take the hit & bring in Vergne (who will now probably use up his engine allowance and give us another penalty)
Old 28 Oct 2014, 19:15 (Ref:3469470)   #96
Dave_G
Racer

United States
Vermont, USA
Dave_G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sad to say that since this would be my second driver change, I'm better off taking the zero points with Chilton than hoping a substitute scores more than 20!
Old 28 Oct 2014, 22:27 (Ref:3469537)   #97
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
Quote:
Originally Posted by icemachine View Post
I'll pick up Magnusson then, Thanks SBF
Polar Bear Racing has been updated. THis is the second substitution and costs 20 points.

Last edited by ScotsBrutesFan; 28 Oct 2014 at 22:52.
Old 28 Oct 2014, 22:31 (Ref:3469539)   #98
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
Driver change for Little Hotels please.

I would hve liked Magnussen to replace Chilton but that would clash with Duke GPE. So I'll take Vergne.

Thanks for the PM reminder, SBF. I would have missed it otherwise.
Little Hotels has been updated. This is Little Hotel's first change and so is free of charge.

Last edited by ScotsBrutesFan; 28 Oct 2014 at 22:52.
Old 28 Oct 2014, 22:35 (Ref:3469542)   #99
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous View Post
Racing for Sealand take the hit & bring in Vergne (who will now probably use up his engine allowance and give us another penalty)
Racing for Sealand has been updated. THis is the second substitution and costs 20 points.

Last edited by ScotsBrutesFan; 28 Oct 2014 at 22:51.
Old 28 Oct 2014, 22:38 (Ref:3469544)   #100
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_G View Post
Sad to say that since this would be my second driver change, I'm better off taking the zero points with Chilton than hoping a substitute scores more than 20!
That's not a problem at all, there is the possibility that Chilton could still make Abu Dhabi, this season stranger things have happened.