Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 Jan 2016, 14:04 (Ref:3608120)   #901
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Humphrey is the new breed of 'one of the lads' kinda broadcaster. I prefer the old school style but I don't mind the guy either.

I'm kinda more interested in the movements of Eddie Jordan at this stage.

I presume Anderson won't return to broadcasting.
I loved the 'Top Gear' style presentation (I'll duck for cover...) of Jake, Eddie and DC on the BBC. So warm, friendly, entertaining. You still had excellent coverage and video packages, too. I saw nothing wrong with it.

The pre-show has never been longer, so you need to be entertaining, as well as informative.

Selby
Old 26 Jan 2016, 17:00 (Ref:3608184)   #902
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
I would stick that stat the other way. He was definitely popular here. I think people had somewhat low expectations having a new guy with a children's TV background hosting, and he did a really good job.

Didn't bat above his stations, very warm, and embraced his role.

I for one would be happy to have Jake back.

Selby
Hmm, he came across as the opposite to myself and a number of people I know because was often flippant and cheeky towards quite senior people, sometimes like he was bored or detached from it.

That ain't really the way to endear oneself to the establishment.
Old 12 Feb 2016, 19:13 (Ref:3614272)   #903
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
channel 4 has decided to keep a certain theme song we all know. so when you hear the chain you know it F1 time on channel 4 (channel 4 themshevles just said so via a tweet!)
Old 13 Feb 2016, 17:17 (Ref:3614425)   #904
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
That's good news.
Old 13 Feb 2016, 18:11 (Ref:3614436)   #905
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skells22 View Post
channel 4 has decided to keep a certain theme song we all know. so when you hear the chain you know it F1 time on channel 4 (channel 4 themshevles just said so via a tweet!)
It's good to keep the continuity.
Old 8 Mar 2016, 00:55 (Ref:3621077)   #906
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ch4 have chosen to go down the generic presenter and F1 broadcasting numpty route.

On the plus side, he may not be as bad as Jake Humphrey.

Really taking the **** when come out with rubbish like:
Quote:
so we think he could be the new Jake Humphrey in terms of sports presenting
http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/t...eturns-7512984

Probably couldn't get Nick Grimshaw...
Old 8 Mar 2016, 01:15 (Ref:3621083)   #907
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
If that Jones guy tries to be Jake Humphrey, we'll have problems.
Old 8 Mar 2016, 09:53 (Ref:3621155)   #908
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Generic and disapointing
Old 8 Mar 2016, 09:57 (Ref:3621156)   #909
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Looking at the picture I have just seen on Twitter the Ch4 team is:-

Murray Walker
Nic Hamilton
Ben Edwards
Susie Wolff
David Coulthard
Steve Jones
Karun Chandhok
Lee McKenzie
Eddie Jordan
Bruno Senna
Alan Prost
Mark Webber

edit - The theme tune will be The Chain
Old 8 Mar 2016, 10:04 (Ref:3621159)   #910
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just like the UK racing on Motors TV then, picture on, sound off.
Old 8 Mar 2016, 10:24 (Ref:3621163)   #911
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post

Murray Walker
Nic Hamilton
Ben Edwards
Susie Wolff
David Coulthard
Steve Jones
Karun Chandhok
Lee McKenzie
Eddie Jordan
Bruno Senna
Alan Prost
Mark Webber

And Alex Zanardi. By the time they all finish talking the race will be over !!!!!!!!
Old 8 Mar 2016, 11:36 (Ref:3621177)   #912
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
This is great news. The excellent Ben Edwards continues as main commentator. Nothing else really matters to me regarding the pre and post race build up.

I'm happy anyway.
Old 8 Mar 2016, 11:58 (Ref:3621182)   #913
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Murray Walker
Nic Hamilton
Ben Edwards
Susie Wolff
David Coulthard
Steve Jones
Karun Chandhok
Lee McKenzie
Eddie Jordan
Bruno Senna
Alan Prost
Mark Webber

What are they going to use as a studio? Wembley (Bloomin) Stadium?
Old 8 Mar 2016, 12:10 (Ref:3621184)   #914
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
cor, this ought to be good. that's a really good list of people who know their stuff.

i'm sure they're using the old engine noise for the adverts though?
Old 8 Mar 2016, 12:27 (Ref:3621192)   #915
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Murray Walker
Nic Hamilton
Ben Edwards
Susie Wolff
David Coulthard
Steve Jones
Karun Chandhok
Lee McKenzie
Eddie Jordan
Bruno Senna
Alan Prost
Mark Webber

Glad to see Murray Walker on that list.
Old 8 Mar 2016, 13:02 (Ref:3621202)   #916
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Alain Prost is quite a hiring as well.

He must have an old school falling out with the French broadcaster.
Old 8 Mar 2016, 14:53 (Ref:3621227)   #917
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Think that's an entertaining line up, I'm looking forward to Alain Prost's responses to some of Eddie Jordan's interesting theories.

Not sure what was so bad about Jake Humphrey? I thought he was good. But anyway, Steve Jones is only similar in the fact he's relatively young and a man, but he'll bring his own style and I think it will work.

What could get lost very easily in this announcement is the quality of the pitlane team, Karun Chandhok and Lee McKenzie knock Ted "it's lap 3 but Lotus think they've got this race won" Kravitz out into touch.

Oh, and I hope Mark Webber challenges Mr Coulthard about his recent ill-informed comments about endurance racing
Old 8 Mar 2016, 15:18 (Ref:3621238)   #918
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Great to see the great duo of Ben and David have been kept.

Also Lee is another good one and it's great to have Karunpedia back

Steve Jones I'll reserve judgement on. If he leaves most of the stuff to the pundits to begin with that's a good start. Are they going to rotate the pundits race by race? Susie I feel will do a good job, no doubt she might try and promote her cause for more women in Motorsport. Look forward to hearing the sensible views of Mark and Le Professor and Bruno should be good after his stint on Sky. Muddy and EJ are always good fun to listen to, although I thought Eddie's top gear would stop him moving. The only curiosity is Nic, surely having a relative means a conflict of interest?

Finally it's mega Channel 4 have kept the Chain. Who cares if it's 40 years old? Some theme tunes have been going on for longer!
Old 8 Mar 2016, 15:51 (Ref:3621248)   #919
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i suspect what you'll see is a core of the crew present at the races, and then interviews, insight,, etc from the other contributors as and when something is relevant.

i'd like to see susie as a part of the regular coverage for the same reason we all like to see karun chandhok, david coulthard and martin brundle involved - first hand knowledge is a marvellous thing, especially when it comes from someone who is smart and engaging.

if i put my feminist hat on (it doesn't fit, but hey), it's important for young women to see there's other ways into a job they're interested in aside from being a pretty face with pr/press experience. i know that sounds daft to men, because it's not something you're aware of, but if you know enough mid to late teenage girls wanting to get involved in the sport you see how important the trailblazers really are to their ambitions. i suspect you could apply the same point of view in a disability context to how good it is to see nic hamilton involved too.

hate everything being about pointing out the differences in people whilst we're determined to be treated as equals, but there you are.
Old 8 Mar 2016, 16:05 (Ref:3621252)   #920
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
doesnt sound daft at all. seeing people you identify with doing something you might hope to one day do is inspirational and allows one to see opportunities that they would not have otherwise thought possible.

particularity at a time when F1 is losing fans in droves this is imo a case of F1 needing her (and Lee Mckenzie) more than they need F1.
Old 8 Mar 2016, 16:05 (Ref:3621253)   #921
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I'm really excited by the roster of experts. Great to see Ben Edwards and DC maintained for commentary duties, Webbo should be funny and engaging (when he's not on duty with Porsche), Prost is always interesting to listen to, and Murray's back! 92 years young.
Old 8 Mar 2016, 18:29 (Ref:3621271)   #922
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Alain Prost is quite a hiring as well.

He must have an old school falling out with the French broadcaster.
I thought Prost was supposed to be Team Principle for Renault, or did that change?
Old 8 Mar 2016, 18:47 (Ref:3621274)   #923
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No doubt that Channel 4 have pinched some people that Sky would have quite liked, such as Senna, Chandhok and Wolff. I wonder who they'll have to sub for Davidson this year? Hopefully someone a bit more inspiring than di resta
Old 8 Mar 2016, 19:14 (Ref:3621280)   #924
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Murray Walker. Praise the lord. Thankyou!
Old 8 Mar 2016, 19:30 (Ref:3621290)   #925
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
yeah thats a nice addition and channel 4 is already giving us a taste of 'murrayisms' on Twitter.

Murray: "Only 1 thing can stop @LewisHamilton - Sebastian Vettel. But you know what happens when I give an opinion!"

Tags
pinks