Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 20 Nov 2014, 14:20 (Ref:3476928)   #1
rich172
Rookie

rich172 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ticket supplier recommendations

Afternoon all, long time lurker first time poster.

As per the title really I`m looking for recommendations for ticket suppliers, I`ve tried searching but couldn`t see what I was looking for, if I`ve missed it could someone point me in the right direction please?

I`ve finally managed to convince SWMBO to go to a 24hr event next year, it was a toss up between Spa or Nurburgring, Spa winning out. I`ve seen a decent looking package with Travel Destinations Ltd and was wondering if anyone had had any dealings with them, they look reputable and I`m on the verge of calling but you can`t be too careful now a days, I did mean to have a chat with them at the NEC last Friday but completely forgot. If not can anyone recommend other agencies?

Many thanks in advance
Old 20 Nov 2014, 14:25 (Ref:3476929)   #2
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Hey there; I'm a regular at both Nurburgring and Spa and have never bought tickets in advance - the postage to the UK has always cost more, when factoring in postage, than just buying them at the gate. Neither will ever sell out and even camping you can buy when you arrive for both.
Old 20 Nov 2014, 14:51 (Ref:3476936)   #3
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Not sure if is still the same but Spa used to have a women and children free policy on tickets best bet is to buy or not buy tickets on arrival and sort out camping accomodation on the internet, try to stay in francochamps if you can that way you can walk to the circuit and drink in the racing hotel rather than sit in a massive traffic jam
Old 20 Nov 2014, 15:05 (Ref:3476942)   #4
rich172
Rookie

Thanks for the replies guys,

Buying on the gate and arranging camping separately are an option that I was considering for the reasons stated, cost and traffic...and the ability to have some falling over juice!
Old 20 Nov 2014, 16:18 (Ref:3476957)   #5
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
I can vouch for Travel Destinations. They are the real deal. I have stayed with them twice now at Le Mans and would not hesitate to use them again. Sure, you pay a premium, but you get what you pay for, right? They do deliver as advertised and there will be no unfortunate surprises if you go with them.
Old 20 Nov 2014, 19:39 (Ref:3477007)   #6
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I can also vouch for Travel Destinations.
I've been to Le Mans 24 Hours for the last five years and used them each time and will again next year.
Absolutely top knotch.
Old 20 Nov 2014, 20:00 (Ref:3477015)   #7
rich172
Rookie

Cheers for that Hawkwood, good to know.

Wow some helpful replies there (unlike some forums I`ve seen) thanks for the assist guys!
Old 13 Dec 2014, 21:05 (Ref:3484756)   #8
rich172
Rookie

Quick update in case anyone else is looking for ideas:

-Booked ferry tickets from Hull to Zeebrugge with P&O directly, upgraded to Club Double cabin to keep the commander in chief happy £450

-4 nights camping booked at Camping L`Eau Rouge, again dealt with directly, 12 Euros per night, 40 Euro deposit, remainder on arrival

-Event tickets to be bought at gate (General Entry and Paddock) 130 Euros based on 2014 price or 70 Euro for General Entry only

So depending on which race tickets we go for, we`re looking at a similar price to package deal from Hull, albeit we`ve upgraded our cabins, or a nice saving in beer tokens if we go for the general entry tickets....roll on July!