Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 23 Apr 2006, 13:03 (Ref:1592704)   #1
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Honda pitcrew

This really annoys me. On both of his pit stops now he's been held up multiple seconds and lost all chances of a win when he's at his most competitive.
Also as he's 3 stopping he would be out of the way of Schumacher holding up Alonso and would have a chance!
Old 23 Apr 2006, 13:11 (Ref:1592708)   #2
Menelaos
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Menelaos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Still, I can't believe he didn't stop. Obviously it was a mistake by the lolipop man, but for god's sakes, he took the lolipop down again, this has happened at least 3-4 times that I remember and the driver stopped again, why didn't he? Not very good.
Old 23 Apr 2006, 13:16 (Ref:1592709)   #3
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aye, it seemed everyone lost their heads momentarily!

Lollipop man was at fault first and foremost though.
Old 23 Apr 2006, 13:25 (Ref:1592712)   #4
Menelaos
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Yeah, no question about it
Old 23 Apr 2006, 13:42 (Ref:1592719)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Why didn't he retire so that he could change his engine?
Old 23 Apr 2006, 13:44 (Ref:1592721)   #6
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Obviously the incident put paid to any chances of a podium, but I think a 3rd was the best he could have got today.
Old 23 Apr 2006, 13:44 (Ref:1592722)   #7
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
AH well...as they say **** happens!! its not like the Honda pit crew screw up every time. I think they are one of best pit crews in terms of time spent during pit stops. Nope cant really critisize them. Even the best have brain fade once in a while
Old 23 Apr 2006, 13:50 (Ref:1592726)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It was a shame Jenson chose to steam on when the lollipop lowered, but never mind. I think he could only have finished 3rd today, but that was better than what he got!

[DREAM]Hopefully refuelling will now be abolished! [/DREAM]
Old 23 Apr 2006, 14:00 (Ref:1592742)   #9
Menelaos
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Yes, it's really sad seeing good drivers losing their chances because of such problems, it's exactly how I felt for Kimi when he was trying to get his first win and he would always lose his chances because of some stupid problem.
Old 23 Apr 2006, 14:18 (Ref:1592773)   #10
DeoValente
Racer

DeoValente has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
i thought it was pretty damn funny. Some slide for the Honda team in general though. Rubens was nowhere and Jense was lucky to score a few points.
Old 23 Apr 2006, 14:21 (Ref:1592778)   #11
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, hilarious. I practically fell off my chair.
Old 23 Apr 2006, 14:24 (Ref:1592780)   #12
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeoValente
i thought it was pretty damn funny. Some slide for the Honda team in general though. Rubens was nowhere and Jense was lucky to score a few points.
Jense wasnt lucky....he was unlucky...he wouldve been on the podium...
Old 23 Apr 2006, 14:56 (Ref:1592804)   #13
marzF1rocks
Racer

England
Derbyshire
marzF1rocks has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
i really think its a shame, jenson has tried so hard to get himself in to contention with the renaults and the ferraris and unfortunatly it wasn't to be again...
I really feel the pit crew let him down, lets hope they can nail it 4 the nober ring (soz if i have spelt that wrong)
Old 23 Apr 2006, 14:58 (Ref:1592807)   #14
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

No, that was quite close.
Old 23 Apr 2006, 15:53 (Ref:1592865)   #15
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Jenson was unlucky? Hrrrrmmm.
Old 23 Apr 2006, 15:56 (Ref:1592868)   #16
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Gaz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yet again Honda let Jenson down badly - if its not from the pit wall with tactics its the guy with the lollipop! They'd be better off employing one of those school lollipop ladies - at least they're normally on the ball!!

I feel for Jenson - he's clearly driving his heart out and is performing brilliantly himself but time and time again he's let down by his team!

Jenson got it spot on in his interview - its no good talking about if's and but's they need to get results and stop making such ameteur mistakes.
Old 23 Apr 2006, 15:58 (Ref:1592871)   #17
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

It's not as if Honda do this every race...
Old 23 Apr 2006, 15:59 (Ref:1592874)   #18
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Dutton,Let's not start that again.
Old 23 Apr 2006, 16:01 (Ref:1592881)   #19
DeoValente
Racer

it was funny to see the lollypop man make a mistake, then lower the thing again and almost smashing it into Jenses face. Jense ducking away like it was some annoying fly and floor it while the team was stil busy with the car..then him stopping with the piece of the fuelrig still attached to the car but without the hose It was slapstick absolutly.

He was lucky that the hose didnt cause some serious damage to the car what could have ended his race. But his pace and early stop before that wasnt a sign he was gonna be a podiumfinisher today.
Old 23 Apr 2006, 16:04 (Ref:1592885)   #20
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
I think Honda's preseason pace was hyped up and hence the results are harder for people to come to terms with... They were suggested to be as fast as Renault.

The fact is Honda are not as quick as Renault and Honda are doing the best they can. The pit error did not cost Jenson a win...the overall pace of the package compared to the rest did.

As i've said before the Honda pit crew is one of the slickest out there and hence it is hard to critisize them for this one...
Old 23 Apr 2006, 16:05 (Ref:1592891)   #21
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeoValente
it was funny to see the lollypop man make a mistake, then lower the thing again and almost smashing it into Jenses face. Jense ducking away like it was some annoying fly and floor it while the team was stil busy with the car..then him stopping with the piece of the fuelrig still attached to the car but without the hose It was slapstick absolutly.
Yes wouldve been even more hilarious if Jenson had actually hit the lollipop man and he had gotten hurt...
Old 23 Apr 2006, 16:06 (Ref:1592894)   #22
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I really don't know why Rubens was so far back. Even if he lost time in the first pitstop, he was enver on a competitive pace. On race day Jenson again demolished him. The pitstop was a bit of a farce, but even if Jenson had stopped instantly when he saw (or felt)_ the lollipop he probably would have still ripped the fuel hose, so it's selective and inaccurate to blame him.
Old 23 Apr 2006, 16:09 (Ref:1592898)   #23
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
Dutton,Let's not start that again.
I am not going to get into a large debate over "luck" again, but I still think it reasonable for me to say I do not think this individual case can be framed in the lucky/unlucky sense regardless (as in even assuming luck/unluck does exist, this case does not fit into it anyway).

The lollipop man made an error, which came as a result of poor judgement. Jenson then did a poor job of responding to this error when the lollipop man corrected his own error.

The whole situation was a direct result of poor management of things absolutely within the direct, immediate control of the team.

That in no way features in any form of "luck"/"unluck" scheme.
Old 23 Apr 2006, 16:09 (Ref:1592900)   #24
DeoValente
Racer

..but nobody got hurt so we better laugh about it. And while it was a slight mistake from the lollypop man, i also agree he corrected it within an instant and the wrong came more from jense, who floored it eventhough the stick was down again. He even ducked away from it. Big mistake and not professional.
Old 23 Apr 2006, 16:12 (Ref:1592905)   #25
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

At least there wasn't a fire I suppose.......which could well have happened on a freakier day.