Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Closed Thread

Old 1 Aug 2005, 15:41 (Ref:1369300)   #1
No 4
Veteran

No 4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Defending the forum (never mind Ryan Sharp)!!

Having skimmed through the Defending Ryan Sharp thread and been appalled at some of the comments, I was going to post the following observation. However, the thread has been closed, presumably because of the personal nature of some of the postings, so I had to open a new thread to make my point!!

The threads in this forum are all about people taking a position and having a view on drivers, teams and motorsport as a whole. By definition, different people will have different opinions, that's the nature of individuals and also what makes debating fun and interesting. However, when people take comments personally or give out with personal invective, that's when debating stops and slanging begins. Not as much fun, not as interesting and certainly not what this forum should be about.
Old 1 Aug 2005, 15:45 (Ref:1369306)   #2
Jock Loon
Rookie

Jock Loon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know it's completely childish to say so, but "he started it"

I started and finished that thread with rational, factual information and debate, which was interspersed at times by comments that were designed to provoke a reaction (which was what you got).

If the 'respected members' of this forum have such wisdom, then better to stay out of provocationary comments in the 1st place... yay/nay?
Old 1 Aug 2005, 16:07 (Ref:1369334)   #3
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agreed No 4 - as it says in the TT rules (I think)

"Attack the post, not the poster!"
Old 1 Aug 2005, 16:35 (Ref:1369361)   #4
darcym
Veteran

darcym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I did try to put / keep it on track
Old 1 Aug 2005, 16:39 (Ref:1369364)   #5
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Absolutley, there was some intelligent discussion going on there - especially from yourself darcym, unfortunatley it seemed to descend into personal battles throughout the thread from some members.
Old 1 Aug 2005, 16:41 (Ref:1369366)   #6
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thankfully others managed to keep up a discussion.
Old 1 Aug 2005, 16:43 (Ref:1369368)   #7
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
and lets not let this descend into the same situation please people.

I have a big bat and i can and WILL use it,

Im closing this thread.
Closed Thread