Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 15 Nov 2011, 01:30 (Ref:2986495)   #276
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I would dump anyone that is prepared to take my car and drive it into the side of another driver..

Take the Kimster as he will do you far more good than bad. Hire The Hulk back along side him, and keep Ruben's as a test/reserve driver...
Old 15 Nov 2011, 01:46 (Ref:2986506)   #277
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
I would dump anyone that is prepared to take my car and drive it into the side of another driver..
Ouch! But it was deliberate; needs to be more subtle.

Quote:
Take the Kimster as he will do you far more good than bad. Hire The Hulk back along side him, and keep Ruben's as a test/reserve driver...
Well, the 'Hulk' didn't do so well the last time he was up against 'Bazzer'.....
Old 15 Nov 2011, 02:27 (Ref:2986519)   #278
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Ouch! But it was deliberate; needs to be more subtle.
Come to think of it, he is also the driver who was banned for four races hitting a marshal or marshals at Monaco under Safety Car conditions, so there may be some sort of irresponsible streak there.
Old 15 Nov 2011, 08:34 (Ref:2986587)   #279
herowassenna
Veteran

herowassenna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
Come to think of it, he is also the driver who was banned for four races hitting a marshal or marshals at Monaco under Safety Car conditions, so there may be some sort of irresponsible streak there.
Don't forget his deliberate swiping into Hamilton during Belgian qualifying
Old 15 Nov 2011, 12:13 (Ref:2986672)   #280
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
No indeed, although I think that's what Jeremy Smith and Marbot were referring to above.
Old 15 Nov 2011, 16:36 (Ref:2986778)   #281
herowassenna
Veteran

herowassenna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
No indeed, although I think that's what Jeremy Smith and Marbot were referring to above.
Ok, I wasn't sure if that had been referencing something in Abu Dhabi.
Old 16 Nov 2011, 00:55 (Ref:2987031)   #282
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by herowassenna View Post
Ok, I wasn't sure if that had been referencing something in Abu Dhabi.
I would have black flagged him for that display, he is a disgrace...
Old 16 Nov 2011, 15:31 (Ref:2987267)   #283
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I would have black flagged him for that display, he is a disgrace...
He's always been a bit suspect in his career. Should not have raced any more this season past Belgium, that would have been a proper penalty.
Old 16 Nov 2011, 15:47 (Ref:2987274)   #284
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
like i said in another thread, maldonado's brainfades are the kind of rubbish f1 needs to be stamping out and removing from the sport, not failed overtaking attempts.
Old 16 Nov 2011, 19:23 (Ref:2987372)   #285
kart_racer
Rookie

England
UK
kart_racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd like to see Kimi back, was a big fan of his from his karting days. He was sensational in 05.

But will Williams have a decent car?!
Old 16 Nov 2011, 20:46 (Ref:2987408)   #286
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by kart_racer View Post
I'd like to see Kimi back, was a big fan of his from his karting days. He was sensational in 05.

But will Williams have a decent car?!
I think you've summed up the situation perfectly.
Old 16 Nov 2011, 22:09 (Ref:2987438)   #287
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i1 Supercar Championship: Häkkinen and Räikkönen induced to the same sports car series!
Old 16 Nov 2011, 22:54 (Ref:2987448)   #288
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wow, that's nice !
Old 17 Nov 2011, 14:06 (Ref:2987737)   #289
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/f1/uutise...a-ei-sopimusta
Quote:
Fierce rumours are circling around Kimi: No contract

17.11.2011 15:40

On Thursday a rumour spread to F1-circles and a bit further than that, according to which the contract between Kimi Räikkönen and Williams-team would have been ready and signed today.

However a source from Williams-team's inner circle denied the contract to MTV3.

- The rumour is not true. Basically the situation is the same as it was during Abu Dhabi weekend, the source says.

There are still some open matters between the parties they are now negotiating about.

- Things could change in six hours or ten days. At the moment the situation around the matter is hectic, both parties negotiate tightly, the source continued.
Old 18 Nov 2011, 12:08 (Ref:2988208)   #290
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurski View Post
i1 Supercar Championship: Häkkinen and Räikkönen induced to the same sports car series!
I'd love to see Mika and Kimi in the same championship - my two favourite drivers of the last 15 years - but there's something about that website that makes me wary. Have a look at the other stories there. There's one about Kubica having possibly lost the thumb from his other hand. Really? Do you think no-one else would have mentioned that small detail? Other stories are way out of date.
Old 18 Nov 2011, 12:58 (Ref:2988230)   #291
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's why I only believe it when I see it happening.
Old 18 Nov 2011, 13:08 (Ref:2988231)   #292
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
I hope it does. Kimi's spent a little time sharpening up his reflexes, and should be more than ready to take on the challenge of getting Williams back where they belong.
Old 18 Nov 2011, 13:51 (Ref:2988249)   #293
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
And it looks like things could be about to get a whole lot tougher for the Williams team.

Sponsorship in jeopardy?

Venezuelan Congressman, Carlos Ramos:

"As you may be aware, according to Venezuela's legislation, expenditure of the sort has to be approved by Congress. You may also be aware that our Congress has granted no approval to the sponsorship contract between Williams F1 and PDVSA."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/96333

If nothing else, it will at least free up another seat.

Last edited by Marbot; 18 Nov 2011 at 13:59.
Old 18 Nov 2011, 16:42 (Ref:2988314)   #294
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
And it looks like things could be about to get a whole lot tougher for the Williams team.

Sponsorship in jeopardy?

"As you may be aware, according to Venezuela's legislation, expenditure of the sort has to be approved by Congress. You may also be aware that our Congress has granted no approval to the sponsorship contract between Williams F1 and PDVSA."

Olé mama !
Old 18 Nov 2011, 18:27 (Ref:2988376)   #295
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Sponsorship in jeopardy?

Wonder of this is anything to do with Adam Parr announcing a sponsorship deal that was effectively already in place!! Bizarrely he is already a Director of the business in question! (see J. Saward's blog for more on this, I can't be bothered to do a link.)

Is the team trying to create ANY positive Commercial spin before the poo hits the wind tunnel!!!
Old 19 Nov 2011, 00:08 (Ref:2988557)   #296
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Re-opened upon request.
Sorry Born Racer. It was good to reopen it. Shame it was spoilt, again.

edit: please note some posts have been removed

Last edited by Adam43; 19 Nov 2011 at 22:40.