Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 Jun 2014, 14:35 (Ref:3414798)   #276
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Looking forward to Montreal. A fine circuit that is also one of Hamilton's specialities, so if Rosberg can beat him there, it might really be close between them for the rest of the season.
and i'll be there too egging on debates and arguments at bars all across Montreal about this very same topic!
Old 3 Jun 2014, 18:31 (Ref:3414884)   #277
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
The mandate of an F1 driver who is in the full flow of his career and as an aspiring world champion in a given year is to claim ascendancy within his team. Both Rosberg and Hamilton should be in this mind and if the team are giving space for equal treatment, they need to be able take the inevitable prurient interest from the public and tension between the drivers without buckling.

That Hamilton thinks himself frustrated in his struggle is not necessarily a bad thing as long as it used as a prism to focus the mind. Unless Lauda can wallop him into this frame of mind though, his frustrations will lead to a very damaging wobbly patch.
Old 5 Jun 2014, 08:22 (Ref:3415619)   #278
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I am quite sure, thank you, but if you need to be re-assured, ask Hamilton senior or Ron Dennis. However, as ever, you are quite at liberty to hold your own opinions, although Rosberg may disagree with you.
Have you asked RD or Hamilton senior? Because I don't know either of them to do so.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 5 Jun 2014, 09:43 (Ref:3415653)   #279
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i don't know if people who spend their lives creating a world class driver who is ruthless and determined really have a right to complain when the carefully nurtured ruthless and determined personality traits push them out of his life when he deems them no longer necessary...

racing drivers are demanding princesses who need managing and guiding. most of them have never had a childhood, and have been thrown into an incredibly grown up world where people expect them to have the personal and business skills of a successful entrepreneur at age 16 when they've barely had a chance to interact with other people.

what you see in all but the very rare exception is a very young immature boy in a man's life with people guiding him who have nothing but their own interests at heart.
Old 6 Jun 2014, 13:19 (Ref:3416192)   #280
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
i don't know if people who spend their lives creating a world class driver who is ruthless and determined really have a right to complain when the carefully nurtured ruthless and determined personality traits push them out of his life when he deems them no longer necessary...

racing drivers are demanding princesses who need managing and guiding. most of them have never had a childhood, and have been thrown into an incredibly grown up world where people expect them to have the personal and business skills of a successful entrepreneur at age 16 when they've barely had a chance to interact with other people.

what you see in all but the very rare exception is a very young immature boy in a man's life with people guiding him who have nothing but their own interests at heart.
Well said!

Also applies in most other sports - look at Andy Murray for example.

And if you want an example that's really out there, try Justin Beiber. He makes LH look like a paragon of staid boredom.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 6 Jun 2014, 19:38 (Ref:3416327)   #281
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I appreciate that you probably meant that in jest, but it really isn't true, is it?

Hamilton gets along with nearly every one as long as they acqiesced to him and his demands. The moment that they don't, then it's toys out of pram time and off with his head.

Look how he treated his own father, who had devoted everything to get Hamilton to where he is now; the moment that Dad had a managerial disagreement with junior, junior tossed him aside. At McLaren, Hamilton believed that he should have been anointed sole #1 when Button joined, but after constantly whinging about to the management and them not backing down, he took the decision to jump ship. The fact that joining Mercedes happened to be fortuitous is purely coincidental; he couldn't possibly have known that the relative forms of both teams were going to reverse.

However, to be fair to Hamilton, over the last 20 or 30 years, there have been a number of extremely well known drivers who have displayed the same traits.
I think changing his dad for the management team was a switch to a different kind of management, a more PR-based one.
Old 6 Jun 2014, 20:22 (Ref:3416347)   #282
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
I think changing his dad for the management team was a switch to a different kind of management, a more PR-based one.
Popstars and celebrities.
Old 7 Jun 2014, 02:39 (Ref:3416418)   #283
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Look how he treated his own father, who had devoted everything to get Hamilton to where he is now; the moment that Dad had a managerial disagreement with junior, junior tossed him aside.
That is just plain, absolute, bulls**t! Sorry, no other nice way to put it really.

As ever, you're entitled to an opinion. But at least make sure that your opinion is based on some fact - if in reply you respond with "I am quite sure, thank you", when you are clearly not. It is just, well... figmental hogwash.
Old 7 Jun 2014, 03:06 (Ref:3416424)   #284
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 321Go View Post
That is just plain, absolute, bulls**t! Sorry, no other nice way to put it really.

As ever, you're entitled to an opinion. But at least make sure that your opinion is based on some fact - if in reply you respond with "I am quite sure, thank you", when you are clearly not. It is just, well... figmental hogwash.
Feel free to back up your assertion, we're waiting!
Old 7 Jun 2014, 03:24 (Ref:3416428)   #285
321Go
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Feel free to back up your assertion, we're waiting!
Feel free to do your own research. I know what the facts are, and I'm not going to waste my time writing an essay.

Pretty sure Lewis Hamilton and Anthony Hamilton did explain their reasons for parting in early 2010 in a few exclusive interviews. Both for TV and print. Let your fingers do the walking and find the facts for yourself. It's not that hard.
Old 7 Jun 2014, 09:40 (Ref:3416497)   #286
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by 321Go View Post
Feel free to do your own research. I know what the facts are, and I'm not going to waste my time writing an essay.

Pretty sure Lewis Hamilton and Anthony Hamilton did explain their reasons for parting in early 2010 in a few exclusive interviews. Both for TV and print. Let your fingers do the walking and find the facts for yourself. It's not that hard.
I am really sorry to disappoint you, however I have no intention to be sucked into a slanging match with you, or indeed anybody else, on this thread or any thread for that matter. You are quite entitled to your opinion, even if it happens to be totally wrong.

Just because you read, saw or heard some fairy tale in the media, doesn't make it true necassarily. The people you are discussing here are advised by highly trained PR people, and they will trot out a story that suits them to disclose which very often bears absolutely no relation to the true picture. It is called expediency, and it most often works.

In the meantime, I stand by my my original assertion. And those are my final words on this particular discussion.
Old 7 Jun 2014, 15:37 (Ref:3416625)   #287
321Go
Veteran

Quote:
Just because you read, saw or heard some fairy tale in the media, doesn't make it true necassarily. The people you are discussing here are advised by highly trained PR people, and they will trot out a story that suits them to disclose which very often bears absolutely no relation to the true picture. It is called expediency, and it most often works.
Aha... I understand what you said now.

Damn those highly trained PR people. Damn them to hell!