Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 Sep 2008, 18:08 (Ref:2292000)   #276
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot
According to James Allen,Hamilton was more Schumacher-esque.

"If anything Hamilton was more Schumacher-esque today with some uncompromising driving, particularly when battling Webber and Timo Glock, who he put on the grass."

Keep it up James!
It could be a new ITV feature. A different esque for every Grand Prix. In Fuji he'll set the car up in a bizarre way and then drive round sideways, and stick it on pole (Peterson-esque).

And in Japan he'll drive a lights-to-flag victory in a superior car, then moan that he lost 4 gears and the use of his arms on the warm-up lap (Mansell-esque).
Old 16 Sep 2008, 22:22 (Ref:2292134)   #277
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
It's funny - all through the Olympics, everytime I heard the German national anthem, I expected to hear the joyous start of the Italian national anthem immediately after... and was always surprised when it didn't.

After hearing the combination so often for so long, it almost seems like the one song now.
Me too. They do sound good together. I used to think it was one long song when I first started watching F1

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 16 Sep 2008, 22:39 (Ref:2292146)   #278
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans
It could be a new ITV feature. A different esque for every Grand Prix. In Fuji he'll set the car up in a bizarre way and then drive round sideways, and stick it on pole (Peterson-esque).

And in Japan he'll drive a lights-to-flag victory in a superior car, then moan that he lost 4 gears and the use of his arms on the warm-up lap (Mansell-esque).
Quite. I wonder what sort of performance (on or off track) it would take for him to be declared to have been "Hamilton-esque".
Old 16 Sep 2008, 23:07 (Ref:2292165)   #279
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton
Quite. I wonder what sort of performance (on or off track) it would take for him to be declared to have been "Hamilton-esque".
Well, dating the pussycat doll Nicole Scherzinger is "Hamilton-esque" enough for me...
Old 16 Sep 2008, 23:43 (Ref:2292179)   #280
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Nah, that is "Hunt-esque".
Old 17 Sep 2008, 02:10 (Ref:2292214)   #281
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith
What a great young man he is...."Bloody" and "balls" in the same interview.. Shocking I tell you..
He went further than that, bringing out the "F" word during questions from the floor!

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 17 Sep 2008, 09:15 (Ref:2292382)   #282
ljakse
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
ljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi
Well, dating the pussycat doll Nicole Scherzinger is "Hamilton-esque" enough for me...
Amin
Old 17 Sep 2008, 20:30 (Ref:2292779)   #283
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorFan
He went further than that, bringing out the "F" word during questions from the floor!
Did he really! This is not allowed on TV in America..
Old 17 Sep 2008, 20:40 (Ref:2292789)   #284
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton
Nah, that is "Hunt-esque".
No, that would be 'dating' all the Pussycat Dolls one-by-one in a 45 minute gap between connecting flights.
Old 17 Sep 2008, 20:57 (Ref:2292800)   #285
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot
Keep it up James!
Cock-esque.
Old 17 Sep 2008, 22:45 (Ref:2292883)   #286
markpde
Rookie

European Union
Ayr, Scotland
markpde should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta
Tears in the eyes for ALL true racers. Thanks Vettel and Berger. MAGNIFICENT!!
Uncanny the resemblance between Berger's last F1 win and Vettel's first - whole other level!
Old 18 Sep 2008, 01:20 (Ref:2292962)   #287
willb
Racer

willb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Monza trophies broke rules
http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headline...17152230.shtml

Does Monza get a 10 place penalty

I think some of the trophies at other races over the years may not have been in compliance either, if the same regulations applied, as they were not cup shaped. Or did they change the regulations this year due to the unusual shapes from previous years?
Old 18 Sep 2008, 10:13 (Ref:2293111)   #288
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Trophies have been coming in the shape of the sponsors choosing for years though. Remember "The Sega Cup" anyone?
Old 18 Sep 2008, 10:35 (Ref:2293121)   #289
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by willb
Does Monza get a 10 place penalty?
Heikki Kovalainen has been disqualified for receiving an illegal trophy.

Sebastien Vettel, Robert Kubica and Scuderia Toro Rosso have been fined $500 apiece, and given a stern warning.
Old 18 Sep 2008, 15:46 (Ref:2293241)   #290
markpde
Rookie

European Union
Ayr, Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans
Heikki Kovalainen has been disqualified for receiving an illegal trophy.

Sebastien Vettel, Robert Kubica and Scuderia Toro Rosso have been fined $500 apiece, and given a stern warning.
When I read that the first time, I wasn't sure. Then I read it again, just in case. The way things are these days...
Old 23 Sep 2008, 14:37 (Ref:2296135)   #291
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by markpde
Uncanny the resemblance between Berger's last F1 win and Vettel's first - whole other level!
his last win or his win here in 1988 just weeks after Enzo Ferrari's passing?

20 years later and Berger's back on the podium having come full circle to now accept a trophy as a constructor...now that is just amazing. and STR current tech director, was he also Berger's race engineer 20 years back?

a special day.

Enzo had a famous saying that went something like, "aero is for people who cant build engines", so its very fitting that his engine won again so close to the anniversary of his passing.
Old 23 Sep 2008, 23:00 (Ref:2296511)   #292
markpde
Rookie

European Union
Ayr, Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl
his last win or his win here in 1988 just weeks after Enzo Ferrari's passing?
I actually meant Berger's (and Benetton's) last F1 win, at Hockenheim in 1997, just after his father died. I think he'd even missed the previous 2 or 3 Grands Prix due to illness, etc. Completely out of the blue, but it was like he was walking on water, same as Vettel at Monza.

Know what you mean about his win at Monza in 1988, though. Old Enzo was pulling the strings from up above that day - Senna was never not going to trip over Schlesser!

Do you think maybe Gerhard Berger makes a better team manager than he ever was a driver? No disrespect to him as a driver, but you get the feeling that, unlike some (well, most) other ex-F1 drivers, he does the job exceptionally well (I think he'll keep Bourdais on, BTW).
Old 24 Sep 2008, 14:25 (Ref:2297001)   #293
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I actually meant Berger's (and Benetton's) last F1 win, at Hockenheim in 1997, just after his father died....
was not thinking of that myself (rather completely failed to recall that), but it really just shows how many great aspects there are to this story. my first thought was actually of Vettel in the garage after his error in Japan last year and how happy i was for him that he set it right in the rain here.

i dont know, but maybe as the season goes on and we get into that yearly period of FIA controversy and the cynicism that comes with it, this win just seems all the more fantastic.

Quote:
Do you think maybe Gerhard Berger makes a better team manager than he ever was a driver?
thats a good question. he has had a good run both as a driver and as well as on the management side of things and i dont know what side i would fall on. he is certainly someone who F1 needs and i would like to learn more about him. biography recommendations?
Old 25 Sep 2008, 20:46 (Ref:2297923)   #294
markpde
Rookie

European Union
Ayr, Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl
he is certainly someone who F1 needs and i would like to learn more about him. biography recommendations?
I was never a Gerhard Berger fan when he was a driver, TBH, although I always liked him well enough. But at Hockenheim when he won his last Grand Prix, he absolutely waltzed it, and it was out of nowhere - it was like, 'Where did that come from?!' Kind of similar to Vettel at Monza, except at opposite ends of their careers. As a manager, though, I just like the way he's dealt with Bourdais this year (so far, anyway) - he says he just lacks confidence, and unlike some other team managers, he's trying to help him and not wreck him. He sent Scott Speed packing, so there's a hard side to him too, but it's as if he's found his true vocation in life. That's just my impression, anyway. Sorry, can't help with biographies, but maybe others on here could.