Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 Sep 2008, 14:53 (Ref:2288122)   #51
Racer 35
Racer

England
South Derbyshire
Racer 35 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If the weather stays the same, my money's on Michael Phelps, or Ben Ainslie if the wind picks up
Old 12 Sep 2008, 17:03 (Ref:2288240)   #52
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What happens if qualifying is a total washout so no-one can set a time? Free Practice times, standings or lottery?
Old 12 Sep 2008, 17:17 (Ref:2288251)   #53
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Wouldn't they do it Sunday morning like a few years ago at Suzuka?

Selby
Old 12 Sep 2008, 17:19 (Ref:2288252)   #54
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

go Kimi....
Old 12 Sep 2008, 17:23 (Ref:2288259)   #55
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dan : Didn't they always have Q2 on Sunday in that single lap format? I

Looks like Sunday qualifying could happen if needed.
Old 12 Sep 2008, 17:26 (Ref:2288265)   #56
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Yeh to the best of my knowledge it's how they introduced the 2 day single lap aggregate format around 2003?

Selby
Old 12 Sep 2008, 17:48 (Ref:2288286)   #57
Pingguest
Veteran

Netherlands
Heemstede, The Netherlands
Pingguest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster
What happens if qualifying is a total washout so no-one can set a time? Free Practice times, standings or lottery?
As far as I know the regulations say nothing about it.
Old 12 Sep 2008, 18:02 (Ref:2288299)   #58
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
2003 introduced qualifying 1 on Fridays, which ran according to descending championship order: the results of this session were used for determining the running order of qualifying 2 on Saturday (slowest from qualifying 1 first). I think initially the times were aggregated, but that was changed quite quickly IIRC.

In the event of qualifying being a washout, I would assume they would run it Sunday morning as in Suzuka the other year. What if the set time on the Sunday morning is a washout: would they set the grid according to championship standings, or according to fastest laps from practice? I'd prefer practice times to be the factor.

Last edited by Dutton; 12 Sep 2008 at 18:06.
Old 12 Sep 2008, 18:15 (Ref:2288313)   #59
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton
would they set the grid according to championship standings, or according to fastest laps from practice? I'd prefer practice times to be the factor.
I agree. My bet for Sutil winning wouldn't be such a joke afterall perhaps

Selby
Old 12 Sep 2008, 18:15 (Ref:2288314)   #60
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
Some series have it as numbers out of a bowl, which could be interesting.
Old 12 Sep 2008, 19:50 (Ref:2288374)   #61
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Just watched Friday practice for MotoGP at Indy and we think that it was raining hard at Monza!

Any how,I hope that we have an interesting (wet) qualifying tomorrow and a sort of 'mixed conditions' type thing for the race.

The one thing about Monza is that it's usually a very short race time-wise,I'd really like to see this one last the whole two hours.
Old 12 Sep 2008, 19:53 (Ref:2288377)   #62
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Looking at the latest weather forecast, qualifying could be an interesting one:

http://uk.weather.com/weather/tomorrow-Monza-ITXX0049

And after all this talk of rain, I'll be gutted if we don't get a wet qualifying!
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 12 Sep 2008, 21:07 (Ref:2288435)   #63
RaiseYourFist
Veteran

United States
USA
RaiseYourFist has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I just want to add that the Honda in its current monza spec is probably one of the ugliest F1 cars ever.
Old 12 Sep 2008, 23:34 (Ref:2288526)   #64
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Certainly one of the slowest.
Old 12 Sep 2008, 23:48 (Ref:2288533)   #65
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
One of the slowest ever? I don't think so.

In the grand scheme of things, it is one of the fastest ever.

Last edited by Dutton; 12 Sep 2008 at 23:51.
Old 13 Sep 2008, 01:17 (Ref:2288563)   #66
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot
Certainly one of the slowest.

Nonsense....
Old 13 Sep 2008, 06:19 (Ref:2288660)   #67
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton
2003 introduced qualifying 1 on Fridays, which ran according to descending championship order: the results of this session were used for determining the running order of qualifying 2 on Saturday (slowest from qualifying 1 first). I think initially the times were aggregated, but that was changed quite quickly IIRC.
The start of 2005 definately had aggregate times, not sure about 2003 though. 2005 also had Q1 running order changed according to the previous race result rather than championship position.
Old 13 Sep 2008, 08:20 (Ref:2288714)   #68
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Certainly one of the slowest currently in use in Formula One at the present time.
Old 13 Sep 2008, 09:48 (Ref:2288774)   #69
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Final practice has been something of a wash out it seems.

Heavy rain, and no one running on track.
Old 13 Sep 2008, 09:58 (Ref:2288784)   #70
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Hope it doesn't get too bad.Nothing worse than having to listen to James Allen rambling on when there is nothing happening on track.

If qualifying does go ahead,then we can expect a really topsy-turvy grid.
Old 13 Sep 2008, 10:17 (Ref:2288798)   #71
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Times from practice 3.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/70549
Old 13 Sep 2008, 10:58 (Ref:2288823)   #72
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Here is the weather forecast from Yahoo, which was uncannily accurate when I was at a meeting at Monza earlier in the year. It was wet then. I don't know what's gone wrong with the weather in Italy this year. It's quite nice here today.

The good news is that they are forecasting just light rain for tomorrow, so we should at least get an entertaining race.
Old 13 Sep 2008, 11:38 (Ref:2288854)   #73
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider
I don't know what's gone wrong with the weather in Italy this year.
Lots of rain and not a lot of sun. Same thing that's happened in most of the world this year. I believe it's called 'global warming'....
Old 13 Sep 2008, 11:47 (Ref:2288860)   #74
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Climate change please.
Old 13 Sep 2008, 12:25 (Ref:2288895)   #75
bdwoody
Veteran

United Kingdom
redbridge southampton
bdwoody should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
lots of 2 and 4 wheels off the track in q1 ,on advantages yet thou..