Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 May 2014, 12:30 (Ref:3408973)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Monaco Grand Prix 2014

So, the Monaco action kicks off today. This is a favourite circuit of mine because ironically the tight nature of the track and proximity of the buildings makes it look like one of the fastest and gives you a fantastic appreciation of the challenge of motor racing.
Old 22 May 2014, 14:07 (Ref:3409006)   #2
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Meat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
So, the Monaco action kicks off today. This is a favourite circuit of mine because ironically the tight nature of the track and proximity of the buildings makes it look like one of the fastest and gives you a fantastic appreciation of the challenge of motor racing.
Monaco is also one of my favorite races, it's so tight there is no room to make a mistake !
Old 22 May 2014, 14:13 (Ref:3409010)   #3
Tucky
Racer

United Kingdom
Brighton
Tucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTucky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
With less downforce and so much more torque, I'm going to say this is going to be one of the best Monaco grand prix's for quite a while! Just annoyed I can't watch it live
Old 22 May 2014, 14:39 (Ref:3409016)   #4
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I always lookforward to the Monaco GP, it's one the classic races and the precursor to a great weekend of motorsport, ending with another classic, the Indy 500.

It will be interesting to see how the new cars perform and maybe we'll be in for a few surprises.
Old 22 May 2014, 15:03 (Ref:3409021)   #5
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If Lewis gets right behind Nico, it'll be very interesting, and possibly if Nico is behind Lewis too.
Old 22 May 2014, 16:03 (Ref:3409032)   #6
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Team Willy should go well here too
Old 22 May 2014, 22:00 (Ref:3409143)   #7
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I always lookforward to the Monaco GP, it's one the classic races and the precursor to a great weekend of motorsport, ending with another classic, the Indy 500.

It will be interesting to see how the new cars perform and maybe we'll be in for a few surprises.
It's an event isn't it, anything can happen and it will!
Old 22 May 2014, 22:47 (Ref:3409163)   #8
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It will be boring, no overtaking, slower than GP2 and too quiet. Turn off the telly and do something else instead.
Old 22 May 2014, 23:29 (Ref:3409177)   #9
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Great track to watch and one to look forward, but somehow every year you get to the end and realise it was a hell boring race. You spend most of the time waiting for something to happen, hoping your fav driver will SOMEHOW make a big daring pass, but they never do.

Big weekend though with indy and monaco, gp2 will be good too.
It used to be bigger though, when I was interested in nascar with the horribly long coca cola 600 and the v8 supercars must have, at one point, raced on this weekend as well.

I remember one year watching over 20 hours of car racing in one weekend, being this one.

I really don't know why F1, Indycar and Nascar all schedule one of their biggest races all on the same weekend. Is it a test of ultimate fan dedication?
Old 22 May 2014, 23:32 (Ref:3409180)   #10
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
It will be boring, no overtaking, slower than GP2 and too quiet. Turn off the telly and do something else instead.
The doctor is in the house, and he is right ..

If you don't like it choose another pastime !
Old 23 May 2014, 00:54 (Ref:3409195)   #11
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Monaco. Yeah, that's great.
Old 23 May 2014, 06:25 (Ref:3409250)   #12
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Another get in line and wait for a pitstop race, but every year looking forward to it.
Old 23 May 2014, 07:05 (Ref:3409259)   #13
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Old 23 May 2014, 13:40 (Ref:3409407)   #14
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Apart from probably not being slower than GP2,and not caring about the noise, spot on. 2 out of 4 isn't too bad...

It's rarely a race. Almost always a procession.

My prediction....hmmm... RBR may have a chance - less power but better handling. If SV or DR get poll, no-one will be able to overtake.

Same applies to LH and NR if Mercedes have the edge. Whoever gets in front of the other in qualli will probably win.

Hoping I'm wrong, not expecting to be. Monaco is always a bore-fest unless you are a driver.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 23 May 2014, 13:44 (Ref:3409411)   #15
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I'm as happy as a clam to watch it. I like the surroundings and the surroundings remind me of when I was youngster watching it too. I don't like the surroundings of any other track - even the glitz of Singapore annoys me - so I'll get a kick out of the scenery there if nothing else. And if it rains, it all kicks off, so it's all good whichever way you look at it.
Old 23 May 2014, 13:48 (Ref:3409414)   #16
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
I'm as happy as a clam to watch it. I like the surroundings and the surroundings remind me of when I was youngster watching it too. I don't like the surroundings of any other track - even the glitz of Singapore annoys me - so I'll get a kick out of the scenery there if nothing else. And if it rains, it all kicks off, so it's all good whichever way you look at it.

The bit I like about Monaco is: You screw up, you're out!

None of this fly off the circuit drive 2 km on asphalt and rejoin in the same position, really gets on my ...
Old 23 May 2014, 13:59 (Ref:3409428)   #17
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Get a recent F1 racing car game. Graphics are very good, and you get to drive as well...
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 23 May 2014, 14:22 (Ref:3409436)   #18
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This year with the road resurfacing(getting rid of the crowned camber and the rain gulley at Mireabeau) - it makes it a lot less challenging as a track. It feels more like a racetrack than a street circuit.

There is a small chance of rain on Sunday - and it we could get a possibility of one of the Mercedes not finishing on the podium.
Old 23 May 2014, 14:37 (Ref:3409442)   #19
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Button likes the resurfacing.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/114068
Old 23 May 2014, 19:11 (Ref:3409521)   #20
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, I'm looking forward to it. Cars through the tunnel always gives me shivers. And I love all the landmarks and the whole party feel to the event.

Besides, I'll never be able to afford to go in person - so TV viewing it is for me. I'd much rather watch a processional at Monaco than a race with a little bit of passing at some generic, purpose-built F1 track.
Old 23 May 2014, 21:14 (Ref:3409578)   #21
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The cars looked fun in the damp in practice 2
Old 24 May 2014, 11:06 (Ref:3409755)   #22
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cars moving all over the track. Everyone's having a hard time getting up to temperature on both compounds. The second and/or the third lap proving to be the fastest. Qualifying should be interesting with traffic if this is the case. RBR and Ferrari looks to have made some time up on the Merc's.
Old 24 May 2014, 12:21 (Ref:3409779)   #23
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Very eventful Q1. Tough track on a good weather day.
Poor ol Massa.
Old 24 May 2014, 12:25 (Ref:3409780)   #24
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Vergne top of Q1, who would have thought.

Really bad luck for Massa being hit by Ericsson like that. Massa gave Ericsson loads of room.

On another note, I can't remember seeing Monaco look so spectacular. An amazing blue sky, an amazing blue sea, with blue stands round the swimming pool complex. Even the pool looks bluer than normal.
Old 24 May 2014, 12:30 (Ref:3409782)   #25
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Got to admit, missing the tunnel scream.