Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 30 Jul 2005, 21:07 (Ref:1367776)   #1
grichie87
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Kingsdown
grichie87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Flat out at 50

The Vauxhall Over GTE let me down again! rotten day all round.
Old 31 Jul 2005, 18:23 (Ref:1368392)   #2
BillyT
Veteran

England
London
BillyT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brilliant day, great racing all round. Legends were fantastic! 2nd VW racing was action packed but very entertaining.
Old 31 Jul 2005, 18:34 (Ref:1368400)   #3
BillyT
Veteran

England
London
Just to add, the bloke who was comentating on the Legends and Pick ups was terrific! He added a good atmosphere to the already brillant races.
Old 31 Jul 2005, 19:04 (Ref:1368420)   #4
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I suspect that was Richard John Neil who knows his onions as far as Legends and Pickups were concerned and is a very good commentator indeed.
Old 31 Jul 2005, 19:05 (Ref:1368421)   #5
Novice
Racer

England
Rochester, Kent
Novice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A great weekend. If only all meetings had good grids and good racing. Legends and pickup trucks were brilliant as was the VW cup. Glad to see the FF driver that was dazed in the first race back out, unfortunately the other car was a bit of a mess.
Old 31 Jul 2005, 19:08 (Ref:1368423)   #6
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Sowman
I suspect that was Richard John Neil who knows his onions as far as Legends and Pickups were concerned and is a very good commentator indeed.
He was getting so excited I couldn't understand anything he was saying, but it made excellent races even more exciting
Old 31 Jul 2005, 19:35 (Ref:1368436)   #7
ascarmarshal
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Yorkshire
ascarmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridascarmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was a good day with the Pick Ups and the legends providing the best racing by far. It was also great to Stevie Hodgson driving #24 Chevy Monte Carlo around Brands. Hopefully we will get the full SCSA package to Brands in a year or two
Old 31 Jul 2005, 19:41 (Ref:1368440)   #8
Elio
Veteran

Elio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hate to be a killjoy but I thought that he was (as usual) a little too over-the-top! To go SO ballistic about every attempted overtaking manoeuvre, whether successful or not, got a bit annoying after a while. Yes, the races were good (the pickups seemed a lot better than I remembered from the "old" days at Brands), but they didn`t really warrant such a mad commentary... That said, everyone`s due their own style - at least it marks him out from the crowd.
Old 31 Jul 2005, 20:00 (Ref:1368446)   #9
grichie87
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Kingsdown
grichie87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
brands

How did the sunday race go?
Old 31 Jul 2005, 20:19 (Ref:1368461)   #10
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What a fantastic weekend!

The Gerry's (awards) were fantastic last night and as for the racing today...fantastic doesn't go anywhere near it!!

Pick ups and legends were awesome and the TRC saloons were great as usual! Was fantastic to see the Prelude out to play, was just a shame that there was a total restart after the red flag...otherwise it might have been a closer finish!!
Old 31 Jul 2005, 21:20 (Ref:1368521)   #11
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
West Kingsdown (near Brands Hatch)
Rod Birley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Check Rod's website for the results Graham. See you at Lydden, Sue.
Old 31 Jul 2005, 21:57 (Ref:1368556)   #12
carrera
Veteran

England
Gatwick
carrera should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good racing in most categories that I managed to get a glimpse of. Enjoyed racing with the TRC guys; such a variety of cars; the wet race on Saturday certainly was interesting on slicks.
Old 31 Jul 2005, 22:04 (Ref:1368561)   #13
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Overall an enjoyable 2 days racing. The Legends were fun as usual & and it was good to see the Pickups for the first time in a while, while full and varied grids in the TRC (congratulations Rod) and VW races made for great viewing.

However, with so much being made of the "special guests" it was disappointing to find them being given only one lap each between the races. Couldn't they have been given time during the lunchbreak to give a better demonstration of their cars?.
Old 31 Jul 2005, 22:29 (Ref:1368587)   #14
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
chezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchezza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This was disappointing, given that the meeting finished about an hour before the curfew!

Well done to Barry Lee for disobeying the orders, taking two laps and then donutting in the pit lane...FANTASTIC!!

(How many more times can I use the word fantastic in this thread??)
Old 1 Aug 2005, 05:53 (Ref:1368738)   #15
ascarmarshal
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Yorkshire
ascarmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridascarmarshal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaholic
Overall an enjoyable 2 days racing. The Legends were fun as usual & and it was good to see the Pickups for the first time in a while, while full and varied grids in the TRC (congratulations Rod) and VW races made for great viewing.

However, with so much being made of the "special guests" it was disappointing to find them being given only one lap each between the races. Couldn't they have been given time during the lunchbreak to give a better demonstration of their cars?.
If the guests were run at lunchtime then the marshals wouldn't have got a lunchbreak
Old 1 Aug 2005, 08:55 (Ref:1368844)   #16
BillyT
Veteran

England
London
I clearly saw cars going round the track at lunch time.

I was at druids for the VW 2nd race at it was carnage! 5 cars parked it up there. Bits all over the place. Legends going into druids 5 abreast! Fantastic clean racing from the legends boys. FFord were also very exciting even with a smallish grid, Tappy did well.
Old 1 Aug 2005, 09:01 (Ref:1368848)   #17
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
Yes we couldn't have had the marshals not have a lunch break, the deserved some time off post to have a wander round and look at all the cars on display! The laps that were done at lunch time were done behind the safety car and were certainly at less than racing speed. It was a chance for some of the cars that had been on display at the back of the stands to go out and have a go.

There was plenty of time left, and the meeting never seemed to be running late so there must have been plenty of time to schedule the demo runs to be three laps.

As for the Demos...Barry Lee's was the best, and Jason Platos was the worst. All he did was come out blast round the track, no show boating and then disappeared again. He did it all so quickly that even the commentators missed it! As for Jonathon Palmers lap...ok so it was his first car, but surely they could have put him in something slightly more exciting than an Austin Healey Frog Eye!!
Old 1 Aug 2005, 09:04 (Ref:1368850)   #18
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
There was a three lap lunch time demo behind a safety car for various vehicles representing different manufacturers, types of racing and car clubs. It was a pity that Will Gollop did not get more than one lap earlier in the day, a match race against Pat Doran would have been good.
Old 1 Aug 2005, 09:04 (Ref:1368851)   #19
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
the runs could have been longer but otherwise - it was great...

Barry Lee legend for donutting in the pitlane - then saying he didn't care what the CofC would do!

clearly inspired the legends... three breaking ranks after the lat race and doing donuts... even though they knew they would be fined - BRING BACK DONUTS!
Old 1 Aug 2005, 09:12 (Ref:1368859)   #20
BillyT
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins
clearly inspired the legends... three breaking ranks after the lat race and doing donuts... even though they knew they would be fined - BRING BACK DONUTS!

Yeh that was great, it was the first meeting in ages that I enjoyed all the races.

I don't know what the bloke in the van thought he was doing, but after he span at druids he pulled right into the little lupo, that wasn't even involved in the crash http://www.ae-photography.co.uk/gall...05_AE_0445.jpg
Old 1 Aug 2005, 09:22 (Ref:1368869)   #21
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
I think the marshal with the yellow flag is equally surprised judging by his expression!!
Old 1 Aug 2005, 09:27 (Ref:1368873)   #22
chezza
Veteran

England
Shrewton, Wiltshire
Yes there was some suspect manovers this weekend.

Poor little lupo!
Old 1 Aug 2005, 11:15 (Ref:1369013)   #23
Bob Pearson
Veteran

Bob Pearson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know how the Legends driver is who appeared to be taken ill in one of the later races?
Old 1 Aug 2005, 11:21 (Ref:1369023)   #24
Elio
Veteran

Elio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wondered about that myself. I overheard people chatting at the end of the day in race control when I went for some timesheets. All I heard was that they couldn`t seem to extricate him from his car, though that wouldn`t be surprising as they can`t be that easy to get in to or out of.
Old 1 Aug 2005, 19:27 (Ref:1369541)   #25
ascarmarshal
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by chezza
Yes we couldn't have had the marshals not have a lunch break, the deserved some time off post to have a wander round and look at all the cars on display! The laps that were done at lunch time were done behind the safety car and were certainly at less than racing speed. It was a chance for some of the cars that had been on display at the back of the stands to go out and have a go.

There was plenty of time left, and the meeting never seemed to be running late so there must have been plenty of time to schedule the demo runs to be three laps.

As for the Demos...Barry Lee's was the best, and Jason Platos was the worst. All he did was come out blast round the track, no show boating and then disappeared again. He did it all so quickly that even the commentators missed it! As for Jonathon Palmers lap...ok so it was his first car, but surely they could have put him in something slightly more exciting than an Austin Healey Frog Eye!!
If there had been a major incident requiring an extraction the meeting would have run behind.

The Srog Eye that JP drove was his first sports car