Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 23 Feb 2017, 19:25 (Ref:3714321)   #7526
kvenom
Veteran

kvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Seems Toyota were at Aragon at the same time due to Fog delaying the Porsche test. Some spy games perhaps?
Old 23 Feb 2017, 20:55 (Ref:3714335)   #7527
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvenom View Post
Seems Toyota were at Aragon at the same time due to Fog delaying the Porsche test. Some spy games perhaps?
They said they were there for 5 days total but originally was planned for 3. They extended 2 more days because that fog. So maybe Toyota had their test planned right after Porsche's, but they overflowed into Toyota's? Would be cool to know how they did relative to each other!
Old 23 Feb 2017, 21:11 (Ref:3714337)   #7528
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
They said they were there for 5 days total but originally was planned for 3. They extended 2 more days because that fog. So maybe Toyota had their test planned right after Porsche's, but they overflowed into Toyota's? Would be cool to know how they did relative to each other!
The held an impromptu 24hr race. Loser bought the other team dinner!

Richard
Old 24 Feb 2017, 19:52 (Ref:3714565)   #7529
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
New overalls, think we may see the livery on the car change as well?

Old 25 Feb 2017, 04:53 (Ref:3714613)   #7530
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
New overalls, think we may see the livery on the car change as well?

Most definitely.
Old 25 Feb 2017, 08:24 (Ref:3714633)   #7531
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Not a fan of the new 'chevron' but Timo looks happy :lol:
Old 25 Feb 2017, 09:46 (Ref:3714652)   #7532
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Not a fan of the new 'chevron' but Timo looks happy :lol:
It's an indicator for the new power source Porsche have found this year
Old 25 Feb 2017, 14:18 (Ref:3714677)   #7533
kvenom
Veteran

kvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Both Porsche and Toyota lapping close to 2016 times despite rule changes to slow them apparently.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report...espite-changes
Old 5 Mar 2017, 14:44 (Ref:3716668)   #7534
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Porsche are not saying which aero kit they will use at Silverstone for the first round of the WEC. Will they use their Le Mans kit or their high downforce one.Whatever they choose will result in a compromise.

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/128371
Old 5 Mar 2017, 15:29 (Ref:3716674)   #7535
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Again, I ask, why not develop one basic kit that you can add or subtract parts to in order to make it high or low downforce?

This wasn't a big issue until the engine downsizing of 2011.
Old 5 Mar 2017, 15:54 (Ref:3716682)   #7536
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Again, I ask, why not develop one basic kit that you can add or subtract parts to in order to make it high or low downforce?

This wasn't a big issue until the engine downsizing of 2011.
Because it is not as effective as doing it in kits.
The old days where you would add or subtract elements on the car is gone, as they simply couldn't change the characteristics of the car enough to fit the different tracks.
With whole kits, you can change the entire air flow through and around the car. With elements you only adjust parts of the flow. This means that you gain advantages on some parts but compromises on other parts, where with a whole kit you only have the advantages as you change the other parts as well.
Old 5 Mar 2017, 16:44 (Ref:3716696)   #7537
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Well, that's where the rules are taking us. You can only use two primary kits, and you can only change certain aspects of them once they're homologated. And what you can change are essentially the tacked on parts, namely dive planes and gurneys.
Old 5 Mar 2017, 17:20 (Ref:3716699)   #7538
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Well, that's where the rules are taking us. You can only use two primary kits, and you can only change certain aspects of them once they're homologated. And what you can change are essentially the tacked on parts, namely dive planes and gurneys.
I agree that having only one kit that you homologate and then is able to change with smaller modifications, like Dive planes and Gurneys, could be a good choice in the future.
But with two kits you are able to finish the aero in two different ways which is more dedicated towards high or low downforce, than you would ever be able to do with Dive planes and Gurneys.
Old 6 Mar 2017, 14:21 (Ref:3716862)   #7539
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
I agree that having only one kit that you homologate and then is able to change with smaller modifications, like Dive planes and Gurneys, could be a good choice in the future.
But with two kits you are able to finish the aero in two different ways which is more dedicated towards high or low downforce, than you would ever be able to do with Dive planes and Gurneys.
I agree with this. They have reduced from three to two, lets see how things workout before moving the regulations to just one. Even if they did just one, I expect it would be developed as two anyhow. They would have to create a compromise base design and then would likely do extensive testing to see how to best create a low and high downforce setup via add ons. I wonder if it might actually be cheaper for them to do two vs. one. Because with only one, you REALLY have to get it right.

Richard
Old 26 Mar 2017, 19:53 (Ref:3721669)   #7540
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
Newest 919 variant. IMO, pretty ugly:

http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/la-...017-debusquee/
Old 26 Mar 2017, 19:54 (Ref:3721670)   #7541
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

2017 Porsche 919.

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/n...-breaks-cover/
Old 26 Mar 2017, 19:57 (Ref:3721671)   #7542
TF110
Veteran

United States
Holy lights!

Edit- this looks like the LM version with the long front fenders and the flat angle of the rear wing.

Last edited by TF110; 26 Mar 2017 at 20:11.
Old 26 Mar 2017, 20:09 (Ref:3721673)   #7543
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
More photos...

http://www.fanswec.org/porsche-919-h...oto-castellet/

Side/Door windows looks quite small?
Old 26 Mar 2017, 20:13 (Ref:3721675)   #7544
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post
More photos...

http://www.fanswec.org/porsche-919-h...oto-castellet/

Side/Door windows looks quite small?
Largest headlights I've ever seen. Do they want to blind somebody's mirrors to the point that they move over quickly? I am sure the porsche livery we have seen on the IMSA Porsche 911 RSR's will be seen on these and the GTE pro car too.
Old 26 Mar 2017, 20:15 (Ref:3721676)   #7545
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Largest headlights I've ever seen. Do they want to blind somebody's mirrors to the point that they move over quickly? I am sure the porsche livery we have seen on the IMSA Porsche 911 RSR's will be seen on these and the GTE pro car too.
Photos have already been released (can't remember where, but I saw them on Facebook), of Porsche doing a photoshoot with one of the RSR's in it's WEC livery, which is the same as the IMSA one.
Old 26 Mar 2017, 20:20 (Ref:3721678)   #7546
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
I like it.

What's wrong with me?
Old 26 Mar 2017, 20:20 (Ref:3721679)   #7547
TF110
Veteran

United States
The sidepod inlets are very different from last year. That hump has me curious
Old 26 Mar 2017, 20:21 (Ref:3721680)   #7548
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm hoping/assuming that's not the finished livery. Those lights should light up the entire length of the Mulsanne. Damn!
Old 26 Mar 2017, 20:25 (Ref:3721684)   #7549
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think there're some unraced R18 ideas inside. That Audi-cake was definitely transported straight to Weissach.
Old 26 Mar 2017, 20:43 (Ref:3721687)   #7550
kvenom
Veteran

Well they've certainly evolved it, hopefully Toyota has come up with something better looking.