Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 22 Feb 2018, 18:01 (Ref:3803230)   #2651
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Team HARD have previously confirmed their 4-car CC entry under the Brisky banner.
TPC Racing announce their entry on Friday (seemingly), and have previously been a backer of HARD.

So - is the TPC Racing car the 5th CC, or backing an existing team?
Haven't seen the FB post that prompted this so don't know the specific, but could be a number of things.

Did it specifically mention BTCC or just Team HARD? If the latter then could be GT or VW series.

Could just be one of the HARD cars being run as TPC Racing, in the same way they ran one as TAG Racing last year.

Or total left field, what about an extra entry for the special 60th anniversary at Snetterton. Seem to recall the original TBL regs from when they were announced a few years ago had provision for 2 occasional guest entries taking the field up to 34 were circuit limits allowed.
Old 22 Feb 2018, 18:13 (Ref:3803232)   #2652
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
Not sure how Motorbase have got away as an independent so long when a lot of their R&D and shakedowns seem to be done at Fords Technology Centre somewhere in Essex
The testing facilities at Dunton are there for anyone wishing to pay for it. Whilst they probably don't charge for a few hours use of the test track, I would imagine the use of the vehicle dyno is charged the same hourly rate as McLaren, Aston Martin etc, have to pay.
Old 22 Feb 2018, 18:13 (Ref:3803233)   #2653
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Haven't seen the FB post that prompted this so don't know the specific, but could be a number of things.

Did it specifically mention BTCC or just Team HARD? If the latter then could be GT or VW series.

Could just be one of the HARD cars being run as TPC Racing, in the same way they ran one as TAG Racing last year.

Or total left field, what about an extra entry for the special 60th anniversary at Snetterton. Seem to recall the original TBL regs from when they were announced a few years ago had provision for 2 occasional guest entries taking the field up to 34 were circuit limits allowed.

https://www.facebook.com/tradepricecarsracing/
Old 22 Feb 2018, 18:20 (Ref:3803235)   #2654
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
if that same option is available to other focus teams then its not an issue. and as none of the other focus teams have obviously raised it as a problem, then it mustnt be an issue to them. maybe all focus teams have used that facility at one time or another.
Only Arena and Motorbase have used the test track to my knowledge. Arena did have some Ford technical input and took one of their cars to Ford's Lommel testing facility in Belgium. Having somewhere to shakedown cars before a race weekend is hardly manufacturer involvement though.
Old 22 Feb 2018, 18:39 (Ref:3803238)   #2655
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
luckn002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DWqPmhjW...jpg&name=large

New aero on the CC. Seems that all the teams are going with a much flatter 'side skirt' this year...
Old 22 Feb 2018, 18:41 (Ref:3803239)   #2656
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
Quote:
I would guess sponsorship. Can't see any new teams at this point?
Old 22 Feb 2018, 19:01 (Ref:3803240)   #2657
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
i like the idea! But if they did this for a 60th anniversary special I would have wanted a real guest entry, something like an old superstar like an Andy Rouse (never gonna happen) or an Alain Menu for a bit of nostalgia
Old 22 Feb 2018, 19:05 (Ref:3803241)   #2658
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
New Theory Time!

http://www.btcc.net/2018/02/22/team-...amme-underway/

No Jake Hill at testing!! Now I'm sure its because of budget, no car or other commitments, but what if Motorbase had approached Team Hard for Jake's availability?

Now this would be MORE than a bit of double standards I know, but Jake I think has been close with Motorbase before and nearly got the drive last year, could Tony and Dave have done a deal here?

Filling the Motorbase seat with someone Motorbase can rely on and allowing Team Hard to take Dan Kirby and his car dealership sponsorship money on the 4th car
Old 22 Feb 2018, 19:06 (Ref:3803242)   #2659
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckn002 View Post
I would guess sponsorship. Can't see any new teams at this point?
Who says it's new though... it could be a team with a licence granted in November.

The fact that TOCA/Gow don't publish the entry list 'til media day (ish) leaves us guessing.

If I had to guess I'd say they'll be title sponsor on one (or more) of the four HARD/Brisky CCs.

On my form it'll turn out to be a new team with Mat Jackson driving 😁
Old 22 Feb 2018, 20:02 (Ref:3803245)   #2660
850Estate
Veteran

Sweden
GBR/SWE
850Estate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think I'm right in saying that two of the Hard cars will be entered under the 'Brisky Racing' banner. So I'd imagine that the other two will be TPC Racing entries.

If it's anything more exciting than that I'd be surprised.
Old 22 Feb 2018, 20:07 (Ref:3803246)   #2661
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
New Theory Time!

No Jake Hill at testing!! Now I'm sure its because of budget, no car or other commitments, but what if Motorbase had approached Team Hard for Jake's availability?

Now this would be MORE than a bit of double standards I know, but Jake I think has been close with Motorbase before and nearly got the drive last year, could Tony and Dave have done a deal here?

Filling the Motorbase seat with someone Motorbase can rely on and allowing Team Hard to take Dan Kirby and his car dealership sponsorship money on the 4th car
Not only has Tony a Gilham tagged Jake Hill in his report on today’s testing saying he’ll be happy, it is Jake’s Birthday today, so they might of given him the day off!
Old 22 Feb 2018, 20:10 (Ref:3803247)   #2662
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
Quote:
Originally Posted by 850Estate View Post
I think I'm right in saying that two of the Hard cars will be entered under the 'Brisky Racing' banner. So I'd imagine that the other two will be TPC Racing entries
Going by this year so far, it'll probably end up being engered as "Team #HARD with Brisky Racing with TAG Industries Racing With TPC Racing..." and probably some more
Old 22 Feb 2018, 20:17 (Ref:3803248)   #2663
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Wheels View Post
Not only has Tony a Gilham tagged Jake Hill in his report on today’s testing saying he’ll be happy, it is Jake’s Birthday today, so they might of given him the day off!
Suppose a birthday trackday for a racing driver is a bit of a bus mans holiday really
Old 22 Feb 2018, 20:41 (Ref:3803252)   #2664
jsmee
Veteran

England
Essex, UK
jsmee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Never one to look at mockup silhouettes as an indicator, but that silhouette is definitely an MG6.

Maybe Dan Kirby has signed to drive the second AmD MG?
Old 22 Feb 2018, 20:49 (Ref:3803256)   #2665
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmee View Post
Never one to look at mockup silhouettes as an indicator, but that silhouette is definitely an MG6.

Maybe Dan Kirby has signed to drive the second AmD MG?
I agree it looks like a 6,but I found the twitter which is following all the hard/vw accounts https://mobile.twitter.com/TPCracingBTCC/following
Old 22 Feb 2018, 21:30 (Ref:3803262)   #2666
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Looks CC like to me, but it ain't easy to tell in silhouette.

Besides which, a marketing/ design monkey may well have knocked that up without much guidance...
Old 22 Feb 2018, 21:55 (Ref:3803271)   #2667
jsmee
Veteran

England
Essex, UK
jsmee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Looks CC like to me, but it ain't easy to tell in silhouette.

Besides which, a marketing/ design monkey may well have knocked that up without much guidance...
Exactly this, it is very rare for a marketing mockup to be accurate!
Old 22 Feb 2018, 22:26 (Ref:3803277)   #2668
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmee View Post
100% this.
Old 22 Feb 2018, 23:57 (Ref:3803285)   #2669
CaptRustyNail
Racer

CaptRustyNail should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i thought it looked like an MG6 but i got shot down immediately elsewhere..The rear end doesn't look like a CC :/ shall wait and see tomorrow.
Old 23 Feb 2018, 02:28 (Ref:3803293)   #2670
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Is there anywhere to watch races outside of the UK (replays) online?

I've been keeping an eye on the pre season and im tempted to follow the series more closely then I have in previous years
Old 23 Feb 2018, 07:43 (Ref:3803327)   #2671
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post

I've been keeping an eye on the pre season and im tempted to follow the series more closely then I have in previous years
Yes, of course: http://www.itv.com/btcc/races

Has all the 2017 races on there now and if it's like last season, it will have the 2018 races in full — plus support categories — the day after each event. It wasn't Geo-locked either.

The only problem with this is neither the BTCC or ITV tell anyone it exists.
Old 23 Feb 2018, 08:42 (Ref:3803337)   #2672
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlbtcc View Post
Yes, of course: http://www.itv.com/btcc/races

Has all the 2017 races on there now and if it's like last season, it will have the 2018 races in full — plus support categories — the day after each event. It wasn't Geo-locked either.

The only problem with this is neither the BTCC or ITV tell anyone it exists.
As far as I know, these videos are eligible only for those who live in the UK however it is worth checking because it's been changing I think.
Old 23 Feb 2018, 08:58 (Ref:3803346)   #2673
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
New Theory Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Wheels View Post
Yes, Jake not testing was because it was his birthday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
As far as I know, these videos are eligible only for those who live in the UK however it is worth checking because it's been changing I think.
I've just checked with Geoscreenshot and the races on the itv site are available in Sydney (or Brands Hatch is at least, and I can't imagine they would deliberately geoblock some but not others).
Old 23 Feb 2018, 08:59 (Ref:3803347)   #2674
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Just attempted to watch in Italy. Won't play - says blocked in my geographic location.
Old 23 Feb 2018, 09:05 (Ref:3803349)   #2675
KIAV12
Rookie

KIAV12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Just attempted to watch in Italy. Won't play - says blocked in my geographic location.
Same here in Korea. I have lived here for 5 years, never had a problem catching up on BTCC races until the end of last season. They suddenly started geoblocking from Knockhill 2017 onwards. Not sure why... can't imagine a clash with commercial rights here.