Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 13 Oct 2013, 06:20 (Ref:3316990)   #401
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
i for one am glad the race was on sky! imagine what we would've missed if it wasn't?! the news break would've cut into some seriously good racing! as the kids say.. those last 30 laps were mean!
Old 13 Oct 2013, 07:50 (Ref:3317009)   #402
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
That was a seriously good last 10 laps! I was so tense I was shaking at the finish - and of course the right team won
Old 13 Oct 2013, 08:10 (Ref:3317012)   #403
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Great coverage with no ad breaks.
Pity they didnt start earlier and show the support races as a build up to the day.
Old 13 Oct 2013, 08:13 (Ref:3317015)   #404
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
Great coverage with no ad breaks.
Pity they didnt start earlier and show the support races as a build up to the day.
We got them.

And that was a seriously cracking last 50 laps. It built from boredom to holy cow!
Old 13 Oct 2013, 08:18 (Ref:3317018)   #405
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hence why a dedicated motorsport channel is needed...big time.
I too have enjoyed todays coverage on sky. Except all the warm fuzzy fluffy stuff at the start and the assumption that all motorsport people are religious....by that I mean the chaplain hoohah at the start. Maybe next year they should get a Hindi or Buddhist or Muslim dude to kick things off or an atheist as that represents the majority of people.
Old 13 Oct 2013, 08:57 (Ref:3317041)   #406
pukekoheracer
Racer

pukekoheracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
i for one am glad the race was on sky! imagine what we would've missed if it wasn't?! the news break would've cut into some seriously good racing! as the kids say.. those last 30 laps were mean!
And no ad breaks as well, just the aussie ones when it all goes silent
Old 13 Oct 2013, 09:07 (Ref:3317048)   #407
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pukekoheracer View Post
And no ad breaks as well, just the aussie ones when it all goes silent
Ain't no bad thing when an Aussie goes silent...
Old 13 Oct 2013, 20:50 (Ref:3317408)   #408
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Quote:
We got them.
We have the internet here too.Watching the support races gives you a legitamate excuse to nothing all day.
Old 14 Oct 2013, 03:33 (Ref:3317521)   #409
Biggy G
Veteran

Biggy G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.throng.co.nz/2013/10/sky-...hurst-ratings/

A bit about Sundays ratings.
Old 14 Oct 2013, 06:28 (Ref:3317551)   #410
adbutler
Racer

New Zealand
Waikuku Beach, Canterbury, NZ
adbutler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggy G View Post
Not really surprising.
Old 14 Oct 2013, 07:29 (Ref:3317566)   #411
Nigel TV3
Racer

Nigel TV3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggy G View Post
Hi Biggy,

More on the Bathurst ratings.... it was interesting to see USA Formula Drift on CRC Motorsport on Sunday did a 20% Share compared to Bathurst getting 26% at the same time, that's a very good number for Drifting. The numbers watching the Great Race decreased by over half compared to last year.. Sky has both the Free to Air Rights and Pay TV Rights so they could have screened Bathurst on Prime but were wanting to drive subscriptions to pay TV rather than play it on Free to Air. Obviously their priority is the bottom line...
Old 14 Oct 2013, 07:40 (Ref:3317570)   #412
smokin'joe
Veteran

smokin'joe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel TV3 View Post
Hi Biggy,

Sky has both the Free to Air Rights and Pay TV Rights so they could have screened Bathurst on Prime but were wanting to drive subscriptions to pay TV rather than play it on Free to Air. Obviously their priority is the bottom line...
but wasn't "the bottm line" the very reason TV3 refused to fully cater for AV8SC fans in NZ ??
Old 14 Oct 2013, 08:21 (Ref:3317579)   #413
Nigel TV3
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin'joe View Post
but wasn't "the bottm line" the very reason TV3 refused to fully cater for AV8SC fans in NZ ??
Hi Joe, the main issue with TV3 and V8SC was the Network was never going to screen the Races over the News, that's why Sky is a good home for Supercars.. You and I may have been supportive with V8SC bumping the news but the public outcry would have been deafening... Did you notice V8SC TV replaying footage as live when they came back from the Channel 7 Commercial Breaks? Very pleased Ford took the win.. A great win for the sport.
Old 17 Oct 2013, 10:15 (Ref:3318855)   #414
Alpina107
Rookie

Alpina107 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel TV3 View Post
Hi Tracey, happy to provide some numbers for you.
A normal Round of V8SC on CRC attracted between 18-24% of the available viewing audience in the targeted Demo of 25-54 male, Since Sky obtained the rights the figure now sits between 2-7%... F1, NASCAR etc do smaller numbers.
Hi Nige, interesting that the viewership for V8SC has dropped so much now that it is live and uninterrupted on Sky. I understand that Sky now has 50% domestic penetration across NZ (from their website) so does that mean that TV3 viewers and/or V8SC fans are mostly in the 50% that doesn't have Sky?
Old 17 Oct 2013, 12:03 (Ref:3318901)   #415
Nigel TV3
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpina107 View Post
Hi Nige, interesting that the viewership for V8SC has dropped so much now that it is live and uninterrupted on Sky. I understand that Sky now has 50% domestic penetration across NZ (from their website) so does that mean that TV3 viewers and/or V8SC fans are mostly in the 50% that doesn't have Sky?
Hi 107, good question... When Sky say they have 50% reach into all Kiwi homes I am not sure if this includes their Sports Package... that would explain why the figures don't add up ... I receive the official TV audience rating figures every morning from AC Neilsen and they are independently verified and provided to all TV Networks... It is generally accepted programmes on Sky don't rate as well as programmes on free to air because of viewers resistance to paying subscription costs, saying that I am surprised at the numbers V8SC are getting on Sky compared to TV3 last year, the reduction is substantial. Another example in the NZ Rally Championship, on CRC the show achieves between 13%-17% share in the 25-54 Male Demographic, the same show on Sky gets less than 3% share in the same demo.. so Free to Air delivers the best bang for the sponsors and advertisers buck.... Free to Air Networks live & die by ratings as they have a direct impact on advertising revenue, for example CRC Motorsport consistently delivers good numbers for the network so it is well supported by advertisers and motorsport programme providers...in other words if we didn't have the support from our viewers, CRC Motorsport would not exist, so I am mindful and grateful for our viewers and sponsors continuing support. Hope I have gone some way in answering your question.