Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars. > New Zealand Motor Racing

Notices

Old 10 Jan 2014, 07:14 (Ref:3352295)   #51
Blackpearl
Racer

Blackpearl is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidewayz View Post
And maybe Quinn doesn't have to charge thousands of dollars just to enter.
Entry is $500
Old 10 Jan 2014, 07:20 (Ref:3352297)   #52
Southern Man
Veteran

New Zealand
Southern Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petch View Post
Fuel, road user, accomodation, sustanance and in many instances wages or compensation for time off, for team members regular jobs, etc, are the big ticket item when racing in the deep South.
As they are for Southern based competitors, irrespective of class, when racing or rallying in the far north
Old 10 Jan 2014, 07:35 (Ref:3352300)   #53
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Man View Post
As they are for Southern based competitors, irrespective of class, when racing or rallying in the far north

Hi Carl, totally agreed, distance and time kills your pocket everytime!
Old 10 Jan 2014, 10:20 (Ref:3352343)   #54
Blackpearl
Racer

Quote:
GB, beleve it or not the cost of the ferry crossing's is minimal, most of the teams are paying less than $500 each way for their 2 car transporters.

Fuel, road user, accomodation, sustanance and in many instances wages or compensation for time off, for team members regular jobs, etc, are the big ticket item when racing in the deep South.
No spare parts for the shocks, lack of communication between the owner and such.

Dont you supplie the shocks ?
Old 10 Jan 2014, 19:42 (Ref:3352559)   #55
Mark Petch
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackpearl View Post
No spare parts for the shocks, lack of communication between the owner and such.

Dont you supplie the shocks ?
Are you deliberatly trying to be a smart a.......? Or are you simply ignorant of the facts.

Yes Autquip, as you obviously know, is the exclusive KW distributor here in New Zealand, and if you really want to check the facts for yourself then I invite you to visit our Penrose office and check out our spare parts for these dampers. We have enough parts in stock to totally rebuild any damaged V8ST damper, including new shaft's, bump and rebound valves, seal's plus complete new shock's.

Two days ago we received an order for some small service item's from V8ST's authorised service provider Clark Perfomance, and those parts are being couried from Germany right now.

We are also working closely with V8ST's Technical committee in terms of future consideration, but that is their business and will remain so.

Mark Petch.
Old 10 Jan 2014, 22:53 (Ref:3352628)   #56
CDM
Racer

CDM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
those parts are being couried from Germany right now.
So you obviously DON'T have all the parts as required then...
Old 11 Jan 2014, 02:30 (Ref:3352694)   #57
Mark Petch
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDM View Post
So you obviously DON'T have all the parts as required then...

So now its your turn is it?

Some more facts, we supply normal service parts to Clark Performance, who's responsibility it is to hold the day today service parts they require.

Obviously with the Christmas silly season nothing much happened, however, when most of the Teams got back to work last Monday, some of them suddenly decided to get their dampers serviced, and Clark's ran out of one particular 10 mm long spring, that they like to change out, rather than shim back up to the correct installed height.

Its not Autoquips job to monitor Clarkes stock, and we responded immiedately to their need's, when the sudden rush hit them.

If you or anybody else wants to ask me a question via this forum use your own name, otherwise I really cant be bothered responding to snide remarks.

Fire away if you want but you will be trading posts amongst similar haters.
Old 11 Jan 2014, 07:29 (Ref:3352723)   #58
Blackpearl
Racer

Quote:

Some more facts, we supply normal service parts to Clark Performance, who's responsibility it is to hold the day today service parts they require.

Obviously with the Christmas silly season nothing much happened, however, when most of the Teams got back to work last Monday, some of them suddenly decided to get their dampers serviced, and Clark's ran out of one particular 10 mm long spring, that they like to change out, rather than shim back up to the correct installed height.

Its not Autoquips job to monitor Clarkes stock, and we responded immiedately to their need's, when the sudden rush hit them.

If you or anybody else wants to ask me a question via this forum use your own name, otherwise I really cant be bothered responding to snide remarks.

Fire away if you want but you will be trading posts amongst similar haters.
Any truth to what i was told that 2 teams have a different rebound set up in the shock to the rest?

I like the way you **** on one guy, tell the full story mark.
Old 11 Jan 2014, 08:11 (Ref:3352739)   #59
CDM
Racer

CDM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
My turn for what?

Someone has posted that the lack of shockie parts is a reason why some cars won't be at Highlands, you have confirmed that you are the supplier of parts but can't supply the parts and they are on order from overseas...

What have i missed?
Old 11 Jan 2014, 11:23 (Ref:3352767)   #60
Dav1s
Rookie

Dav1s should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting some of the word about teams not having sufficent budget etc.

When did the last V8ST round finish, seemed not that long ago. There doesnt appear to be much time for everyone to sit down, regroup and raise more money etc. Just constant racing spread out all year to minimal crowds at Hampton Downs.

As a casual viewer, and ex sponsor of various car within Tier 1 NZ motorsport and V8ST i do feel saturated by the amount of V8ST happenings that I dont feel that excitement about the start of the season and such like I used too.

TRS sponsorship a few years back was excellent. Season got built up and hyped up, attended a pre season test. Had great hospitality and really felt part of a popular show!

V8ST we got treated to week in week out reports about Hampton Downs this, Hampton Downs that, and so called "Endurance" races that were over in the time it took you to finish your hotchips and over priced coffee.

I understand the series is still young, but i feel a little bit numb to it all now, and have heard so much talk, so little action in terms of whats happening to the show. Its certainly a case of over promise, under deliver.

Great concept, just needs a bit of fine tuning to turn it into a great class. Plus a little less bull$%^& and talk. (Wishful thinking)
Old 11 Jan 2014, 21:30 (Ref:3352911)   #61
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
maybe ST needs to stop trying to compete with V8SC and go back to the original concept.. of an affordable class.

living beyond their means... ain't going to work
Old 11 Jan 2014, 23:28 (Ref:3352937)   #62
Concerned Racer
Rookie

Concerned Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDM View Post
My turn for what?

Someone has posted that the lack of shockie parts is a reason why some cars won't be at Highlands, you have confirmed that you are the supplier of parts but can't supply the parts and they are on order from overseas...

What have i missed?
This 'someone' needs to get their facts right. There is not one V8ST that is not going to Highlands because of any damper issues or lack of parts.
Old 12 Jan 2014, 19:54 (Ref:3353164)   #63
Mark Petch
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concerned Racer View Post
This 'someone' needs to get their facts right. There is not one V8ST that is not going to Highlands because of any damper issues or lack of parts.

CR,

100% Correct.

The car's that wont be making it down South all have major budget issues that in the fullness of time will mostly come right, which as I have stated previously will probably be by the Supercar meeting.

Unfortunately the old adage " A little knowledge is worse than none at all" still holds true.

I know of 3 teams that are waiting for gearbox spares that are apparently turning turn up late this week, because the NZ agent ran out of parts and couldn't get any replacement stock out of the UK because they factory was shut down. Unlike dampers were almost every team carries spare's very few teams have spare gearboxes or engines for that matter.
Old 13 Jan 2014, 03:30 (Ref:3353286)   #64
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav1s View Post
Interesting some of the word about teams not having sufficent budget etc.

When did the last V8ST round finish, seemed not that long ago. There doesnt appear to be much time for everyone to sit down, regroup and raise more money etc. Just constant racing spread out all year to minimal crowds at Hampton Downs.

As a casual viewer, and ex sponsor of various car within Tier 1 NZ motorsport and V8ST i do feel saturated by the amount of V8ST happenings that I dont feel that excitement about the start of the season and such like I used too.

TRS sponsorship a few years back was excellent. Season got built up and hyped up, attended a pre season test. Had great hospitality and really felt part of a popular show!

V8ST we got treated to week in week out reports about Hampton Downs this, Hampton Downs that, and so called "Endurance" races that were over in the time it took you to finish your hotchips and over priced coffee.

I understand the series is still young, but i feel a little bit numb to it all now, and have heard so much talk, so little action in terms of whats happening to the show. Its certainly a case of over promise, under deliver.

Great concept, just needs a bit of fine tuning to turn it into a great class. Plus a little less bull$%^& and talk. (Wishful thinking)
There is a lot of debate around the world in the motorsport industry whether you spread out your season and try to keep it in the forefront of everyone's mind year round or have an actual season that is compressed into a specific time period.

There are merits to both approaches but I tend to think you need to have a "season" that runs within an actual climatic season or seasons, such as spring/summer, summer/autumn, whatever it might be and it needs to be connected in one stream with maybe a break of two/three weeks at most between races. That way people have something to look forward to, build up to, have some anticipation for. Imagine if rugby or cricket just ran at random times around the year, it just would not be the same. The way the schedule is set up right now, I'm not too sure about it.

The series seems to have lost it's way a bit. Not uncommon for any new business after the initial buzz. NZV8's refuses to die which I am sure dilutes things some.
Old 13 Jan 2014, 09:28 (Ref:3353327)   #65
Blackpearl
Racer

http://www.jmr.co.nz/news/1-latest-n...rk-gibson.html
Old 13 Jan 2014, 09:34 (Ref:3353328)   #66
Blackpearl
Racer

Quote:
CR,

100% Correct.

The car's that wont be making it down South all have major budget issues that in the fullness of time will mostly come right, which as I have stated previously will probably be by the Supercar meeting.

Unfortunately the old adage " A little knowledge is worse than none at all" still holds true.

I know of 3 teams that are waiting for gearbox spares that are apparently turning turn up late this week, because the NZ agent ran out of parts and couldn't get any replacement stock out of the UK because they factory was shut down. Unlike dampers were almost every team carries spare's very few teams have spare gearboxes or engines for that matter.

KEEP TEELING YOURSELF THAT, when did you you place the order for the shocks? last week.
Old 13 Jan 2014, 21:40 (Ref:3353610)   #67
flyingduck
Veteran

flyingduck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow been off this site for a few months come back on to see what people are saying about Mark Gibson signing with Jmac and people are still arguing about nothing.

O well see you when people are talking about on track matters.
Old 13 Jan 2014, 23:49 (Ref:3353660)   #68
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingduck View Post
O well see you when people are talking about on track matters.
If only...
Old 14 Jan 2014, 03:26 (Ref:3353694)   #69
Biggy G
Veteran

Biggy G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gibson replacing J Mac is a big story, wonder what the main driving force is behind that, to me the "nourishing young talent" might be a small factor, but by no means the main one, J Mac is far from a spent force, and always really popular with the fans. Look forward to seeing how the team progress
Old 14 Jan 2014, 09:18 (Ref:3353746)   #70
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggy G View Post
Gibson replacing J Mac is a big story, wonder what the main driving force is behind that, to me the "nourishing young talent" might be a small factor...
Hey BG, money changed hands, end of story regardless of the spin. Yawn!

Good luck to them anyway.
Old 15 Jan 2014, 09:30 (Ref:3354175)   #71
Mark Petch
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by on_to_it View Post
Hey BG, money changed hands, end of story regardless of the spin. Yawn!

Good luck to them anyway.

OTI, as you well know motor racing consumes a lot of money, I think both John and Paul Manuell have done a really smart thing in bringing in younger drivers with budget's to help supplement the team costs. In both instances they also get to drive with their young charges in the Enduro's, so its a win/win allround the way I see it.
Old 15 Jan 2014, 10:15 (Ref:3354188)   #72
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Who is driving Paul's car? This is news!

What's a season cost to run in SuperTourers??
Old 15 Jan 2014, 19:52 (Ref:3354395)   #73
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It! View Post
Who is driving Paul's car? This is news!

What's a season cost to run in SuperTourers??
1. Not Paul.

2. More than $422.35 +GST

Hope this helps.
Old 15 Jan 2014, 22:20 (Ref:3354451)   #74
Biggy G
Veteran

Biggy G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Driving the Orix car is Morgan Haber, never heard of him...

https://www.facebook.com/V8SuperTourers
Old 15 Jan 2014, 22:21 (Ref:3354453)   #75
20b
Rookie

New Zealand
Auckland
20b should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Morgan Haber will be replacing Paul Manuell. He's had some fairly average results in the DVS series, with a best of 11th. Money talks eh.