Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 25 Oct 2001, 07:45 (Ref:165165)   #1
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Images

Could someone give me a step by step idiot(that's me)-proof gude to attaching an image to a post?
SO embarassing when it doesn't work!!:confused:
Old 25 Oct 2001, 15:05 (Ref:165346)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
You can just use the attachment part of your post (found beneath the section where you type) or if you are going for linking an image from somewhere else then you may want to have a read through this section of the site which may help you out.

hope that helps

Marcus
Old 2 Nov 2001, 11:47 (Ref:168700)   #3
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Testing..........
Old 2 Nov 2001, 11:50 (Ref:168701)   #4
Kpy
Veteran

Well, that's it. I've tried .jpg and .gif files - they pretend to attach, but don't. Obviously it's GIGO but which buttons should I be pressing??
Old 2 Nov 2001, 13:27 (Ref:168738)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
OK, let me see if I can help you here.

1. JPEG on (your) hard disc. (Haven't tried a gif but I presume the process is the same). Watch for the max file size and (apparently) a size limit of 400x400 pixels. I tried one larger than that a while ago and got a warning message that my attachment was too big - so ytou should know if that happens.

2.Bottom of reply screen - Attach file. Click on "Browse". That should then bring up your "standard" choose file box.

3. Navigate in the usual way to the folder which contains the image you want to attach. Double click on that image file. The name and location of the file (on your hard disc) should then appear in what was previously the empty box next to the "Browse" button.

4. Post your reply.

That should be it. I've attached a thumbnail (which you may have seen before!) as I have described the process. I just hope it now works when I press the "Submit Reply" button.

Attached Images

Old 2 Nov 2001, 13:29 (Ref:168739)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yep - it works for me, Kpy!!

Best of luck.

Old 2 Nov 2001, 14:53 (Ref:168791)   #7
jiggly_puff
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leeds/St.Albans
jiggly_puff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yeah i've had similar problems kpy! so don't be embarressed!
Old 2 Nov 2001, 15:15 (Ref:168801)   #8
Kpy
Veteran

Thanks guys - now I'm getting messages saying my files are too big. They're just a scanned photo each, so how do I reduce them ?

Old 2 Nov 2001, 15:20 (Ref:168805)   #9
jiggly_puff
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leeds/St.Albans
jiggly_puff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
haha kpy you have the exact same probs as me!!!! someone help us!
Old 2 Nov 2001, 17:44 (Ref:168889)   #10
badoer fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
badoer fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't know what program u use, but most should have a similar feature. I use Microsoft Photo Editor.

On one of the menus there should be something called resize. Just use this and reduce it to an appropriate value. Easy!
Old 3 Nov 2001, 10:23 (Ref:169242)   #11
MichaelC
Veteran

MichaelC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well as mentioned above, the files can't be more than 400 pixels square, and no more than 10 MBytes. How you get them to that size depends entirely on what program you're using!
Old 3 Nov 2001, 14:19 (Ref:169309)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'm lucky, I've got Photoshop 6, but I've also got three or four other photo editing programs. Any one of them should allow you to adjust the size of your image to 400x400 or less.

(If you're really struggling, Kpy, e-mail it to me and I'll resize it for you and send it back!).

Old 4 Nov 2001, 03:58 (Ref:169528)   #13
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
MichaelC--K, not Megs

(don't want to be a smartass, but for the folks having problems, just wanted to clear it up)
Old 4 Nov 2001, 09:11 (Ref:169562)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I don't think the limit is 10 kilobytes either, djb - the files would be pretty small! I think the 102400 bytes limit is therefore 102 kilobytes, or just over one tenth of a meg. (The largest I've posted so far has been 68 kilobytes).
Old 4 Nov 2001, 21:31 (Ref:169851)   #15
MichaelC
Veteran

MichaelC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And the award for muppet of the day goes to...

Me

Nice to see one of us is awake Aysedasi. You are correct