Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 2 Oct 2012, 00:05 (Ref:3144929)   #26
gregtummer
Veteran

gregtummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One year ago today occurred a race with one of the best sportscar grids in US history.

*sigh*

Okay it says it is Oct 2 on this forum, but it is still Oct 1 EST in the US.
Old 2 Oct 2012, 01:13 (Ref:3144949)   #27
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
I can't get to the track until 7-8 Friday night, well after the last practice. Will start making the rounds then!
Old 2 Oct 2012, 02:06 (Ref:3144963)   #28
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
I can't get to the track until 7-8 Friday night, well after the last practice. Will start making the rounds then!
We ought to be in good spirits by then!
Old 2 Oct 2012, 15:58 (Ref:3145261)   #29
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I thought about putting my parking pass on the windshield today... I think it's a little too soon. I'm ready to go!!
Old 2 Oct 2012, 17:10 (Ref:3145301)   #30
monaro_gto
Rookie

United States
Atlanta, GA, USA
monaro_gto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Look at how empty that hill was!
Old 2 Oct 2012, 20:25 (Ref:3145379)   #31
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Sadly, due to economics, and heavy involvement with the recent Olympics and Paralympics as a medal bearer, I will not be able to assume the role and position I've had for the past 2 years, as a flag marshal out at turn 7.

But I believe we will have satellite coverage when the race is live, so I'll be watching you all, and wishing I was there!

Old 3 Oct 2012, 01:01 (Ref:3145475)   #32
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
One of our earlier trips. 2002, I think?

Things have changed....
Yeah, that was '02... ten years ago. That's my black Earnhardt cooler. A black cooler is a terrible idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monaro_gto View Post

Holy crap I forgot I used to pack that thing full of crap.
Old 3 Oct 2012, 01:02 (Ref:3145476)   #33
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Tarrant View Post
Sadly, due to economics, and heavy involvement with the recent Olympics and Paralympics as a medal bearer, I will not be able to assume the role and position I've had for the past 2 years, as a flag marshal out at turn 7.

But I believe we will have satellite coverage when the race is live, so I'll be watching you all, and wishing I was there!
Sorry you can't make it Steve, but we hope to see you next year!
Old 3 Oct 2012, 01:26 (Ref:3145481)   #34
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Since we're busting out old photos (It is the 15 running), here is one from '03 :

Look proof Bacon's Rustang once ran!
Old 4 Oct 2012, 13:26 (Ref:3146065)   #35
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Tarrant View Post
Sorry to hear that Steve. It was a great pleasure to meet you last year.

When I clicked on this thread I was wondering if you might make it this year.

Cheers!
Old 6 Oct 2012, 04:32 (Ref:3146914)   #36
TrueBlueFlyer
Veteran

Ukraine
New Jersey
TrueBlueFlyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
there's an e-mail from Atlanta Region SCCA that they could still use some marshals, so if anyone wants to get closer to the action check out the Marhals Needed forum
Old 7 Oct 2012, 22:41 (Ref:3147893)   #37
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
So the deadline for advance tickets is a few days away. It looks like I'm going to have to pass on Friday night after seeing the parking pass cost. $50 to park inside and an extra $10 just to hang out for a few hours and sleep in my moldy jeep seems like a little much. As much fun as that would be I'll be arriving first thing saturday morning. I'll see you guys then!
Old 8 Oct 2012, 02:10 (Ref:3147963)   #38
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlueFlyer View Post
there's an e-mail from Atlanta Region SCCA that they could still use some marshals, so if anyone wants to get closer to the action check out the Marshals Needed forum
Russ, I guess I will see you at the Wednesday morning meeting at RA. Be fun to catch up again -- both of us have been travelling a lot since we saw each other last, at Detroit!

We ought all to make sacrifices to the Weather Gods, though. So far the week's forecast doesn't look, ahem, stellar.
keke
Old 8 Oct 2012, 18:21 (Ref:3148378)   #39
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Wednesday is available on weather.com. 72* and sunny.
Old 9 Oct 2012, 02:46 (Ref:3148626)   #40
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
For anybody driving in for the day this email just came to me this morning.

Road Atlanta's free parking lot is no longer located at Lanier Speedway. Lanier Speedway has elected not to rent its facility to Road Atlanta for our free and overflow parking area this year. We encourage you to follow signs to both Road Atlanta FREE or paid facility parking only. Additional Road Atlanta free parking lots will be available both south and north of the facility on Highway 53, please follow the signs accordingly. These lots will have continuous shuttle service to the facility. Road Atlanta apologizes to our loyal fans who are accustomed to using Lanier Speedway.

They seem to be pretty good with their signage but figure some could use a head's up if they didn't get the email.
Old 9 Oct 2012, 03:23 (Ref:3148635)   #41
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
scottypinthemix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old 9 Oct 2012, 03:37 (Ref:3148639)   #42
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
For anybody driving in for the day this email just came to me this morning.

Road Atlanta's free parking lot is no longer located at Lanier Speedway. Lanier Speedway has elected not to rent its facility to Road Atlanta for our free and overflow parking area this year. We encourage you to follow signs to both Road Atlanta FREE or paid facility parking only. Additional Road Atlanta free parking lots will be available both south and north of the facility on Highway 53, please follow the signs accordingly. These lots will have continuous shuttle service to the facility. Road Atlanta apologizes to our loyal fans who are accustomed to using Lanier Speedway.

They seem to be pretty good with their signage but figure some could use a head's up if they didn't get the email.
Lanier has been shut down all year. I wonder what got up their craw?
Old 9 Oct 2012, 03:38 (Ref:3148640)   #43
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottypinthemix View Post
hmmm, things change quickly.
Old 9 Oct 2012, 11:23 (Ref:3148769)   #44
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
^yep, rain chance already moved to Thursday, at least according to weather.com; wunderground still has it Wednesday evening. I wish I gone to meteorology school.

Highs in the upper 70s and lows in the upper 50s? Dreadful.

But even that has time to change.
Old 9 Oct 2012, 13:47 (Ref:3148831)   #45
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
scottypinthemix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
keep pushing the rain out of the picture!
This is the time where I become obsessed with the forecast.

Old 9 Oct 2012, 17:06 (Ref:3148923)   #46
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
^yep, rain chance already moved to Thursday, at least according to weather.com; wunderground still has it Wednesday evening. I wish I gone to meteorology school.

Highs in the upper 70s and lows in the upper 50s? Dreadful.

But even that has time to change.
We had snow here last week....
Old 9 Oct 2012, 18:21 (Ref:3148964)   #47
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
We had snow here last week....
Please, bring none of THAT here with you.
Old 9 Oct 2012, 20:57 (Ref:3149051)   #48
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Old 10 Oct 2012, 02:30 (Ref:3149148)   #49
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Please, bring none of THAT here with you.
Only if you promise no repeat of 2009.
Old 10 Oct 2012, 04:00 (Ref:3149171)   #50
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada ALMS fan View Post
Only if you promise no repeat of 2009.
We should be good for another 500 years.