Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 1 Oct 2014, 16:14 (Ref:3459209)   #1
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
World Rallycross R11 - Istanbul, Turkey

First bit of driver news I've seen for Turkey, so I thought I'd give it a thread of its own. No Jacques Villenueve for Turkey, the second Albatec 208 will instead be driven by Marc Scott:

http://emailmarketing.createsend.co....40EF23F30FEDED
Old 1 Oct 2014, 17:08 (Ref:3459220)   #2
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PG will race for EKS in Turkey

http://www.vf.se/sport/bilsport/ny-vmchans-pg-andersson
Old 1 Oct 2014, 18:29 (Ref:3459242)   #3
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
First bit of driver news I've seen for Turkey, so I thought I'd give it a thread of its own. No Jacques Villenueve for Turkey, the second Albatec 208 will instead be driven by Marc Scott:

http://emailmarketing.createsend.co....40EF23F30FEDED
I saw that - bit of a surprise to say the least. That's not taking anything away from Marc but I'd have thought they'd have put a driver in there that would contribute something financially - I can't see where the Albatec money is coming from other than Andy Scotts pocket? I'd have thought maybe Ramona Carlsson or Mr Binks would have been in with a shout? How many is that Villeneuve has missed now? Not really a full time driver is he?
Old 1 Oct 2014, 18:55 (Ref:3459250)   #4
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think the team are really struggling to attract people to be honest, it is almost on a pay drive basis.

I dont think Villeneuve will be back, it hasnt really worked for him and Andy has often been a similar pace or quicker.

No idea on earth why this series is going to Turkey and it seems with only 20 cars going, neother do they.

Seems pathetic when yoou have Holland, Hungary, Poland and Czecho without rounds.

I guess Turkey paid more than they did or thoght they could make it pay.

I would call it greed and running before you can walk.
Old 1 Oct 2014, 20:10 (Ref:3459279)   #5
bigdick1977
Racer

England
Swindon
bigdick1977 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No Jeanney at Monster, Lars Oivind Enerberg in instead.
Old 2 Oct 2014, 08:09 (Ref:3459423)   #6
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
I saw that - bit of a surprise to say the least. That's not taking anything away from Marc but I'd have thought they'd have put a driver in there that would contribute something financially - I can't see where the Albatec money is coming from other than Andy Scotts pocket? I'd have thought maybe Ramona Carlsson or Mr Binks would have been in with a shout? How many is that Villeneuve has missed now? Not really a full time driver is he?
I was expecting to see Marc in a Supercar in the British Championship again but, as you say, Marc driving a car that I'm sure Ramona or David would pay to use is a surprise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
I dont think Villeneuve will be back, it hasnt really worked for him and Andy has often been a similar pace or quicker.
Has Villeneuve even made a Semi Final this year? I daresay Scott has been there due to consistency rather than outright speed, but he made the top 12 in England, Canada and France.

Quote:
No idea on earth why this series is going to Turkey and it seems with only 20 cars going, neother do they.
I understood that, in order for an FiA Championship to be classed as a World Championship, it has to visit a certain number of continents. Turkey counts as Asia and is, I assume, a lot less hassle than organising an event in either Africa or Australia.
Old 2 Oct 2014, 16:42 (Ref:3459577)   #7
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Western Lower Rhine area of Germany
rx-guru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
North America (Canada) and South America (Argentina) count as different continents these days, so Asia (Turkey) would have not been necessary to follow the FIA rules for a World Championship series (races on three continents). However, I bet the promoter is already in contacts with potential organisers in Australia and Africa anyway, Morocco was already mentioned for 2014...

"Marc driving a car that I'm sure Ramona or David would pay to use is a surprise." Really?

Jacques Villeneuve was the disappointment of the year for me. Non-starter in at least 4 events and not making it into the Semi Finals of the 7 events he did is poor. And while Petter Solberg leads the series with 235 points Villeneuve claimed a total of 7... I have no idea if the prob is him or the car. If it would be the car one can only wonder that he nevertheless used it without complaining.
Old 2 Oct 2014, 18:51 (Ref:3459605)   #8
bigdick1977
Racer

England
Swindon
Have to agree Guru, I think it's partly the car but more that JV isn't particularly interested. He rolled the car two laps into a shakedown in Sweden, and was changed and on his way out before the car even got back to the truck, then in Belgium he moaned that the car was awful, but when asked to sit and discuss the changes for Canada he jumped in his car and went home. I think Andy Scott has financed the deal looking for JVs exposure to bring in sponsors, yet his lack of results has hindered this plan.
Old 2 Oct 2014, 19:13 (Ref:3459613)   #9
CS1
Racer

CS1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdick1977 View Post
Have to agree Guru, I think it's partly the car but more that JV isn't particularly interested. He rolled the car two laps into a shakedown in Sweden, and was changed and on his way out before the car even got back to the truck, then in Belgium he moaned that the car was awful, but when asked to sit and discuss the changes for Canada he jumped in his car and went home. I think Andy Scott has financed the deal looking for JVs exposure to bring in sponsors, yet his lack of results has hindered this plan.
Agree with the guru. JV is a big let down. I can't understand why Andy didn't recruit a better driver when the opportunity arose first time . Francois Duval, Henning before he went to LD, Jordan if he was available etc... There must be plenty of other drivers who would have jumped at the chance from WRC or Recent ex F1 when JV made his first exit
Old 2 Oct 2014, 20:44 (Ref:3459643)   #10
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx-guru View Post
North America (Canada) and South America (Argentina) count as different continents these days, so Asia (Turkey) would have not been necessary to follow the FIA rules for a World Championship series (races on three continents). However, I bet the promoter is already in contacts with potential organisers in Australia and Africa anyway, Morocco was already mentioned for 2014...
Ah, its three continents? I knew I'd read the number somewhere (most likely on ERC24!) but I couldn't remember what it was!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx-guru View Post
"Marc driving a car that I'm sure Ramona or David would pay to use is a surprise." Really?
Yeah, I thought the emphasis would be on a paying driver rather than a free one. Still, I guess money isn't an issue for Scott, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

No argument from me on Villeneuve. I'm not a fan anyway, but his performance this year has been utterly underwhelming.
Old 2 Oct 2014, 21:41 (Ref:3459658)   #11
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think there are two teams I would steer clear of if I was a driver and they are Scott's and LD.

Andy is a lovely guy with a true love of the sport, but I think he should maybe stick to running one car and getting someone to run it for him perhaps, his move this year was very ambitious.

AS for LD, well they are an embarassment for me, wasting such huge talent as Skorupski, Jeanney, Solberg, even Derek to some extent.

Cars have been unreliable, and off the pace this year for some reason, despite being ultra quick last year.

JV, what on earth did you expect, I bet he had no idea what rallycross was, the bloke is utterly classless, not as quick as he was, and leaves a bitter taste pretty much whevere he goes. Good riddance from me and best off ambulance chasing in NASCAR or Indycar if you ask me.
Old 3 Oct 2014, 08:32 (Ref:3459755)   #12
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
AS for LD, well they are an embarassment for me, wasting such huge talent as Skorupski, Jeanney, Solberg, even Derek to some extent.

Cars have been unreliable, and off the pace this year for some reason, despite being ultra quick last year.
"embarassment" is pretty strong, but the Monster/LDM team haven't looked very good this year. I think its fair to say the competition have all taken a step (or two) forward, but to go from arguably the most successful team of 2013 to almost the worst in 2014 is indicative of problems.

The little incidents - i.e. Liam's event disqualification in Hell, Jeanney's heat exclusion in Loheac - imply that the team is not as organised as they should be. Probably a statement of the obvious, but I do wonder if the jump to a three (now four) car line up has stretched the team a bit thin.

I had hoped Tohill would be quicker in a Supercar. In the World environment you could point the finger at the car, but even when run in the British Championship Derek looked off the pace and was outpaced by Skorupski in a technically inferior car.
Old 4 Oct 2014, 14:38 (Ref:3460221)   #13
RED55
Racer

Sweden
Banbury
RED55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All the top performing Teams have raised the game, LD motorsports have been one that hasnt done enough, they concentrated on Liam and his demands and not the team, the staff turnover has been huge in that team and that is never good for results.

Scotts has tried hard and JV has sucked the energy from Andy, if he comes back with a great talent next year , he will be ok.

I cant see Monster backing LD again, not when you could sponsor Petter and defend a title !

Rallycross will go even higher level next year and the FIA need to have at least 30 Supercars at every event to grab the crowds .
Old 4 Oct 2014, 17:20 (Ref:3460295)   #14
bigdick1977
Racer

England
Swindon
RED55 I have to agree, LD seem to get through a huge amount of staff, including Graham Rodemark (Autopoint) who has turned up with Hansen Motorsport. Albatec are a worry, Andy is funding the team out of his own pocket having sold the business earlier in the year, he expected sponsors to follow JV!
Old 5 Oct 2014, 20:43 (Ref:3461001)   #15
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Let us be honest

Would you want to work with a guy like that? He needs to lose the backing, get off his high horse. He isn't that good, and for a global sponsor this year his cars have been unreliable, poorly prepared and slow. He came to Cadwell BSB and they had to delay a session coz the stupid heap dumped petrol the track, should ahve sent him packing right then.

If I was Monster I would be pulling the plug.

I have a lot of time for Andy Scott, he has put so much of his money into his car and team. But I just think running a team right now is a huge deal, and he is changing drivers nearly every meeting which is never good for getting things running better.

As for the future. They are running before they can walk, it's not that rgeat yet. for me the early promise has not been maintained. Some of the driving is horrendous and some teams like VW have stagnated a bit as have Olsbergs.

They need Ekky full time, Johan and Larson full time, then they have a product.
Old 6 Oct 2014, 08:33 (Ref:3461161)   #16
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
.. some teams like VW have stagnated a bit as have Olsbergs.
I think the Olsbergs team were the best prepared for the start of the season - they hit the ground running, marklund also to a slightly lesser extent. Hansen had a lot of problems early on with the new cars but seem to have got on top of that and caught up. Petters car has had suspension issues but he's managed to drag it along to the title (but the other PSRX car hasn't been a factor). LD I think have tried to expand too quickly (and possibly suffer from the same problem as Albatec - running a multi car team and driving is not easy).

Villeneuve has been poor (when he's bothered to show up) but did anyone really expect anything else?
Old 7 Oct 2014, 14:47 (Ref:3461771)   #17
Distracted
Racer

United Kingdom
Distracted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just read that Tanner Foust will be racing in Turkey.
Old 7 Oct 2014, 16:57 (Ref:3461819)   #18
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I think the Olsbergs team were the best prepared for the start of the season - they hit the ground running, marklund also to a slightly lesser extent. Hansen had a lot of problems early on with the new cars but seem to have got on top of that and caught up. Petters car has had suspension issues but he's managed to drag it along to the title (but the other PSRX car hasn't been a factor). LD I think have tried to expand too quickly (and possibly suffer from the same problem as Albatec - running a multi car team and driving is not easy).
I agree.

I doubt Doran has the quality to run a multi car team. He could better run only one car for himself or maybe even better join a big team like Hansen in the past.

At PSRX Petter is with distant the #1 driver. I don't think that's a good place for a 2nd driver.

Should Scott not just do like Jos Jansen? Operate a single car team and just have fun? Race in the European WRX rounds + some British rounds?

Quote:
Villeneuve has been poor (when he's bothered to show up) but did anyone really expect anything else?
No. He was poor in the Peugeot LMP1 and NASCAR.
Old 7 Oct 2014, 17:01 (Ref:3461820)   #19
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Grosset-Janin was also disappointing.
Old 7 Oct 2014, 17:20 (Ref:3461828)   #20
paul1982
Racer

paul1982 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm surprised that a lot of people are suprised of tanner and block driving in Turkey..... already at the start of the season it was no secret that Tanner will do England, Finland, Canada and Turkey and Block will do Norway, France and Turkey.....

Enerberg is the big surprise for me!
And lets face it. OMSE Ford, Peugeot Hansen, Marklund VW are very competitive to each other. (Just look at the standings).
PSRX maybe next year as good as the rest if they get support from Citroën. At the moment it is Petter....
Then you get EKSRX as a really good team.
and maybe KMS motorsport.
LD motorsport and albatec will be after this teams for sure....no factory support. ...
maybe there will be a new factory team as well...

we will see what 2015 will bring.
first looking forward to Turkey and Argentina
Old 9 Oct 2014, 19:23 (Ref:3462657)   #21
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
No Block in Turkey.
Old 10 Oct 2014, 07:58 (Ref:3462860)   #22
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
No Block in Turkey.
Bugger. Massive shame as I was really looking forward to seeing how he fared.

Sort of Block related, but new article up on Rallycross World about the M-Sport Fiesta(s) which I found quite interesting...

http://www.rallycrossworld.com/2014/...esta-supercar/

...I had wondered if there was more than one "RX43" Fiesta which the article confirms. Also noteworthy that M-Sport already have plans to further develop the car.

The tone of the article suggests that a full 2015 World campaign is out of the question (that's how I read it anyway) which is a shame as it would be great to see Block put preference on the World Championship rather than the GRC.

Can't say I'm that enthused about Matthew Wilson in rallycross, but would be good to see the Fiesta in action in the hands of other drivers.
Old 10 Oct 2014, 10:29 (Ref:3462901)   #23
paul1982
Racer

paul1982 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also no Tanner
Old 10 Oct 2014, 10:37 (Ref:3462905)   #24
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Western Lower Rhine area of Germany
rx-guru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Coz PureRallycross has announced it with a question mark?
Old 10 Oct 2014, 13:28 (Ref:3462960)   #25
rallyloverke
Racer

rallyloverke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just noticed the Supercars-drawing and now we are sure : no Block and also no Foust. Only 18 Supercars and 10 RX Lites :-)

There will be some lunch-breaks :-)