Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Jun 2016, 13:18 (Ref:3649633)   #51
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
I really don't get this whinge/sulk stuff. Certainly he can wear his heart on his sleeve and look a bit down when things are going badly (we've all been there, haven't we?). And his thanks to the team are so repetitive that they sound insincere (but we'd beat up on him far more if he didn't say it). Just look at those interviews post-qually and post-race: he's a happy guy in a happy place. I don't share his taste in music or role-models, but they're his choice and good luck to him.
mm, quite. for the euphoric joy drivers have when they win there must be an equal and opposite reaction when they lose. i don't know why it's a surprise. that reaction usually comes laced with paranoia and drama queen-ing, in the same way the winning euphoria comes with I LOVE EVERYBODY LET ME GIVE YOU A HUG
Old 14 Jun 2016, 15:05 (Ref:3649655)   #52
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Sky TV's post-race interview with Hamilton, which Vettel gatecrashed leading to a great bit of banter between the pair of them about the Canadian seagulls, was one of the best post-race interviews I've seen.

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/125...nd-i-locked-up
Old 14 Jun 2016, 17:13 (Ref:3649676)   #53
chris bailey
Racer

chris bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridchris bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobec View Post
Hamilton's 1st corner move is completely unacceptable. He is not even in front and he misses the apex. No one takes that corner like that at the start. You can see cars taking the corner side-by-side and they are all fine. Even if it was "understeer", I think it was a very convenient understeer for Hamilton. He should have at least apologized for ruining his teammate's race. And he should take some pointers from Verstappen.
The way to deal with understeer, as any racer knows, is to back off a little, thus restoring more grip to the front tyres. But that would have let Rosberg past, so Lewis isn't going to do that, is he? The two of them are wired differently, just like Senna and Prost were. The similarities are too close for comfort. One has/had God on their side, the other, reason and a sense of perspective.
Old 14 Jun 2016, 17:19 (Ref:3649677)   #54
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris bailey View Post
The way to deal with understeer, as any racer knows, is to back off a little, thus restoring more grip to the front tyres. But that would have let Rosberg past, so Lewis isn't going to do that, is he? The two of them are wired differently, just like Senna and Prost were. The similarities are too close for comfort. One has/had God on their side, the other, reason and a sense of perspective.
I don't see the similarity between Prost and Rosberg.
Old 14 Jun 2016, 23:56 (Ref:3649727)   #55
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobec View Post
Hamilton's 1st corner move is completely unacceptable. He is not even in front and he misses the apex. No one takes that corner like that at the start. You can see cars taking the corner side-by-side and they are all fine. Even if it was "understeer", I think it was a very convenient understeer for Hamilton. He should have at least apologized for ruining his teammate's race. And he should take some pointers from Verstappen.
Yup, and once again the stewards are missing in action!

The only reason there wasn't an accident was that Rosberg avoided it, yet Hamilton was not penalised, as you say, unacceptable!
Old 15 Jun 2016, 02:39 (Ref:3649751)   #56
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't think Rosberg had to take to the grass, Lewis left him half a car space. He'd have to mount the kerbs and probably continue with some wheel banging, but ultimately he probably would have kept position and maybe even Lewis would have spun around. I bet if Nico could go back, he wouldn't have gone to the grass with all the positions he lost.

I think it's just a racing incident. It's first lap, turn 1 so the stewards have to give some breathing room unless it's a blatant wreck. Rosberg would probably have done exactly the same thing if he was on the inside. Or at least I hope he will next time the positions are reversed.

The difference is Lewis will end up whinging about it for days afterwards and act like he hasn't already won 45 races and 3 titles.

Points down to 9, gosh I didn't think it would turn around this quick but Rosberg has been completely average for 2 rounds now while Lewis wins. I'd say he's now lost the title. He needed that 30 point buffer for once Lewis starts winning again, and it's almost already gone. Shame, I didn't want to see Ali Jr win a third straight title. Nico's a decent driver and as long as he doesn't have Lewis, Vettel, Alonso, Ricciardo for a teammate, is champion.
Old 15 Jun 2016, 06:10 (Ref:3649792)   #57
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Viewed in isolation maybe it was just a 'racing incident', however, Hamilton has a lot of 'previous' on his rapsheet stretching over his entire career in Formula 1. M'Lud.
Old 17 Jun 2016, 06:44 (Ref:3650857)   #58
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Viewed in isolation maybe it was just a 'racing incident', however, Hamilton has a lot of 'previous' on his rapsheet stretching over his entire career in Formula 1. M'Lud.
I would love to see a comparative score on contacts made in F1, I believe Lewis would be peerless in this regard, dodgem car driver!
Old 17 Jun 2016, 13:55 (Ref:3650956)   #59
chris bailey
Racer

chris bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridchris bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I don't see the similarity between Prost and Rosberg.
Which is missing the point entirely....
Old 17 Jun 2016, 16:47 (Ref:3651014)   #60
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris bailey View Post
Which is missing the point entirely....
Eh? You drew the comparison.
Old 18 Jun 2016, 04:26 (Ref:3651173)   #61
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Yup, and once again the stewards are missing in action!

The only reason there wasn't an accident was that Rosberg avoided it, yet Hamilton was not penalised, as you say, unacceptable!
Rosberg want back to being Rosberg on the start. He want the message to Hamilton when they wrecked out a few races ago. He shouldn't have backed off an inch in this spot, either. Regardless of who had the line, you know Hamilton is going to run him further off than he has to, which he did. It would have been in rosbergs best interest to turn right as he intended and if they watch again, it keeps Hamilton from gaining in points and starts to teach Hamilton that he won't get away with that crap anymore.

Hamilton is great, but he shouldn't have to attempt to wreck his biggest challenger out every race.
Old 18 Jun 2016, 11:42 (Ref:3651299)   #62
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Even though I have to fancy Nico for the first time in the world to me and my gut feeling is that the only one who is a complete and utter challenger to the next few weeks and months in the world is Lewis and the other day I saw the start of the race in my time and I have to be a little bit of a good defensive person who is saying that the only thing I have to go with is a great way to get the best of luck in the world is to avoid the other driver who is on the better of the lines

I love it when variety of mistakes and mishaps happen to be in my opinion