Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Jan 2017, 18:57 (Ref:3700190)   #1
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
2017 Car Launch Thread

Mercedes W08: Feb 23 at Silverstone
Ferrari (?): Feb 24 at Fiorano

as far as i know these are the only set launch dates.

i want to say the last several years the trend has been to unveil the morning of the first winter testing session day, but with new regs/new look cars, i like that two of the teams are opting for something a bit more special.
Old 6 Jan 2017, 16:16 (Ref:3700612)   #2
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Force India VJM09: Feb 22 at Silverstone

one day before the Merc launch...i like that!
Old 6 Jan 2017, 16:31 (Ref:3700617)   #3
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
and for those interested, merc is running a competition on their facebook page for tickets to their unveiling plus a meet and great.

https://www.mercedesamgf1.com/en/mer...ch-vip-access/
Old 9 Jan 2017, 16:47 (Ref:3701304)   #4
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Renault RS.17: Feb 21 location TBD
Old 16 Jan 2017, 14:26 (Ref:3702946)   #5
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mc...h-date-865907/

McLaren joins Ferrari in revealing their car on 24th Feb.
Old 18 Jan 2017, 10:30 (Ref:3703322)   #6
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
McLaren joins Ferrari in revealing their car on 24th Feb.
Possibly in the famous McLaren orange??
Old 27 Jan 2017, 23:47 (Ref:3705688)   #7
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
The Manor F1 MRT06 revealed.

Sadly, will not see the track.
Old 28 Jan 2017, 12:54 (Ref:3705764)   #8
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Sadly joins the likes of the Toyota TF110 and the Prost AP05. What a waste
Old 28 Jan 2017, 15:07 (Ref:3705783)   #9
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like they are working out of someone's basement!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 29 Jan 2017, 15:26 (Ref:3707077)   #10
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If that front wing is correct to the 2017 Specs, allowing for early stage development and also for scale. I was expecting to nose and leading edges to be a bit more of an arrowhead.
Old 1 Feb 2017, 16:29 (Ref:3708428)   #11
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Sauber C36: Feb 22 at Barcelona
Mclaren (?): Feb 24 location TBD

glad to see Sauber will be ready for the first test with their new car.
Old 2 Feb 2017, 02:41 (Ref:3708548)   #12
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So with Manor gone , does that leave us with 18 on the grid?
Old 2 Feb 2017, 10:51 (Ref:3708650)   #13
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
So with Manor gone , does that leave us with 18 on the grid?
Nope 20. Mercedes, RBR, Ferrari, Force India, Williams, STR, McLaren, Haas, Renault and Sauber
Old 3 Feb 2017, 11:44 (Ref:3708995)   #14
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
McLaren have dropped the MP4 nomenclature.

The end of another era.
Old 3 Feb 2017, 12:02 (Ref:3708999)   #15
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Petty, and a pity.
Old 3 Feb 2017, 12:54 (Ref:3709007)   #16
S griffin
Veteran

The way they are treating Ron is unforgivable
Old 3 Feb 2017, 14:11 (Ref:3709035)   #17
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If they went back to 'M' I could understand but 'MCL' is just not McLaren. I dont see how the name change is going to do anything but give those in charge bigger ego's.
Old 3 Feb 2017, 14:16 (Ref:3709039)   #18
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They dropped MP4 from the road car a few years ago. It sort of makes sense, but it's also a bit of tradition that has disappeared for likely no strong reason. Maybe they should have waited at least a season after Ron's exit. It seems a bit soon.

Richard
Old 3 Feb 2017, 15:38 (Ref:3709058)   #19
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
dropped the Project 4 name but not the numbering???

some people responding to that tweet are wondering if the electric blue colour choice in said tweet is an indication of a livery change...actually would really like to see that.
Old 3 Feb 2017, 16:06 (Ref:3709067)   #20
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
dropped the Project 4 name but not the numbering???

some people responding to that tweet are wondering if the electric blue colour choice in said tweet is an indication of a livery change...actually would really like to see that.
I would like to see a change in livery. They are saying the drop of MP4 is a break from the past, so it would be a bit hypocritical to not do something different with the livery as well.

If you look at earlier tweets, McLaren is using that neon motif plus other 2017 car related tweets that use orange instead of blue. Maybe we shouldn't read too much into it unless... it will be blue AND orange! So I might as well toss out a guess. I say predominantly orange with blue accents, or a nod toward classic Honda colors. Doesn't Honda have a history of using Red, White and Blue (not so much F1, but in their logo, product paint schemes, etc.)?

Richard
Old 3 Feb 2017, 16:20 (Ref:3709073)   #21
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
i like reading too much into things so blue and orange it is!

red and white for sure...last blue Honda car in F1 was that earth dreams monstrosity...so on second though maybe blue isnt a good colour for them!

also MCL stands for medial collateral ligament, a body part that is fairly susceptible to sports injuries.

Last edited by chillibowl; 3 Feb 2017 at 16:27.
Old 4 Feb 2017, 02:19 (Ref:3709221)   #22
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Leaked details on the new MCL32 can be found HERE.

Loving this change from McLaren. And the Features list is impressive! In particular, number 7. Very handy feature.
Old 4 Feb 2017, 09:53 (Ref:3709316)   #23
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Or could it be this

http://www.motat.org.nz/collection/c...p-mclaren-967/
Old 6 Feb 2017, 16:58 (Ref:3710513)   #24
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Sauber C36: Feb 22 at Barcelona
Mclaren (?): Feb 24 location TBD
Toro Rosso STR12: Feb 26 at Barcelona

only RB, Williams, and Haas left to announce.
Old 10 Feb 2017, 05:29 (Ref:3711341)   #25
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Not a car, but the 2017 Mexico GP launch, got a little political.

Not overly pleased about F1 getting into the US vs Mexico drama. Politics should be left out of the sport IMO.