Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 31 Oct 2011, 20:41 (Ref:2979791)   #1
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ten-Tenths Photo Of The Year Contest 2011

Is it that time of the year ALREADY????

www.Ten-Tenths.com Photo Of The Year 2011
  • The competition is open to all registered users of Ten-Tenths Motorsport Forum.
  • There is one "class", with no distinction between pro/am photographers.
  • Each user may submit a maximum of two motorsport related photographs.
  • Photographs to be submitted by 30th November 2011.
  • Photographs previously submitted for Photo Of The Year 2007, 2008, 2009 or 2010 may not be resubmitted.
  • Photographs will be presented anonymously and in random order.
  • Voting will start around 1st December and will finish on 31st December.
  • Photograph with the most votes will be named Photo Of The Year and will win a prize.
  • In the event of a tie, the photograph with the most staff votes will win, if this is still a tie then the site owners will decide on the winner.
  • All photographs must be taken by the entrant.
  • By submitting your photograph you agree to allow Ten-Tenths to use the image for future promotion of the competition and/or site: We intend to use the pictures on the Ten-Tenths website, in a gallery, for the purposes of the contest and also leave them online for future viewing. We may rotate them randomly on various pages of the site. We may use them to promote the existance of the contest on other websites associated or run by Ten-Tenths.
  • There is no age limit on the submitted photograph, it doesn't have to be taken in 2011 to be considered.
  • Photographs must be submitted in a high resolution format (at least 1024x768)
  • Post-processing and "photoshopping" are permitted.
  • Photographs must not have any visible "watermark", website name or logo of the photographer.
  • Normal content rules regarding content also apply to this contest, so if you wouldn't want your kid to see it, don't submit it.
  • Entry acceptance is at the sole discretion of the site owners.
  • You may withdraw a photograph from the contest at any time before the close of entries but will not be allowed to submit a replacement.
  • Any future clarification posts will be made to this thread before the close of entries.
How to Submit:
Send an e-mail with a maximum of two attachments to photo2011@ten-tenths.com you don't have to enter both photographs at the same time but both need to be in before 30th November 2011. You need to include your real name, postal address & forum nickname. Photographs should include a caption or title, and also a little about the photograph.

By entering you agree that:
  • You personally took the photograph you are submitting.
  • You accept all infringement of copyright liability if you did NOT take the photograph.
  • You accept all infringement of copyright and IP liability with respect to Ten-Tenths for the purposes listed above.
Prize will be a trophy and 1 year "subscriber" membership of Ten-Tenths.

I look forward to seeing your entries and good luck!

If you require any further clarifications please feel free to PM me or send an e-mail to the submissions address.
Old 4 Nov 2011, 19:35 (Ref:2981599)   #2
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hey Magnet!

You may wish to change the header that appears everywhere to reflect 2011, not 2010.

No doubt NAC will be a finalist again!
Old 4 Nov 2011, 20:31 (Ref:2981626)   #3
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
lol, the joys of copy/paste! :P
Old 8 Nov 2011, 16:41 (Ref:2983198)   #4
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
One week in and so far there have been 7 people submit pics.

I hope this means that people are having to ponder over their pics and not a lack of interest.
Old 8 Nov 2011, 22:38 (Ref:2983313)   #5
JurekB
Racer

Poland
Stoke on Trent
JurekB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Still pondering here.
Old 8 Nov 2011, 23:24 (Ref:2983331)   #6
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
I'm in!
Old 9 Nov 2011, 09:43 (Ref:2983465)   #7
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have a picture to submit! Can send a 1024x680 image now or get a higher res one off my hard drive at the weekend!
Old 9 Nov 2011, 10:30 (Ref:2983495)   #8
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
I have a picture to submit! Can send a 1024x680 image now or get a higher res one off my hard drive at the weekend!
Higher is always better, besides, there's still a few weeks
Old 9 Nov 2011, 11:54 (Ref:2983528)   #9
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON View Post
One week in and so far there have been 7 people submit pics.
I hope mine was one of them...
Old 9 Nov 2011, 12:00 (Ref:2983532)   #10
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
I hope mine was one of them...
Yup.
Old 10 Nov 2011, 09:09 (Ref:2983872)   #11
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Higher is always better, besides, there's still a few weeks
Will do! Might see if I can find a second picture to add in with it!
Old 11 Nov 2011, 05:32 (Ref:2984240)   #12
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sent mine last night. Had to send them twice, old men and computers eh!
Old 12 Nov 2011, 10:45 (Ref:2984761)   #13
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Just sent mine!
Old 20 Nov 2011, 14:03 (Ref:2989183)   #14
Tom1

Mine are in - I hope!!

Old 20 Nov 2011, 14:36 (Ref:2989197)   #15
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Have they been posted online yet and if so where?
Old 20 Nov 2011, 17:45 (Ref:2989232)   #16
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just sent one in this time, still hunting for a second one but I don't think I've got anything else this side of the pond, the majority of my photographs are at home.

Looking forward to seeing the entries, the standard is always very high.
Old 21 Nov 2011, 09:02 (Ref:2989476)   #17
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
Have they been posted online yet and if so where?
Nope, as per previous years they don't get posted until after the close of entries.
Old 21 Nov 2011, 14:42 (Ref:2989625)   #18
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Nope, as per previous years they don't get posted until after the close of entries.
So the amateurs don't give up when they see the quality of the professional shots?
Old 21 Nov 2011, 15:12 (Ref:2989634)   #19
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
Quote:
So the amateurs don't give up when they see the quality of the professional shots?
Nope, was just always done that way, personally I think it's fairer that way if all the pics are up in a random order and seen at the one time.
Old 21 Nov 2011, 16:45 (Ref:2989685)   #20
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Don't worry. My meagre contributions will bring the quality down
Old 22 Nov 2011, 12:48 (Ref:2989997)   #21
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Nope, was just always done that way, personally I think it's fairer that way if all the pics are up in a random order and seen at the one time.
Just kidding! I can see the logic in doing it that way, I'm looking forward to seeing the entries as some of the images in the galleries for the previous years are stunning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Raine
Don't worry. My meagre contributions will bring the quality down
Hopefully the pro shots won't put us to shame too much!
Old 22 Nov 2011, 13:48 (Ref:2990023)   #22
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oops, had forgotten the cut-off date. Must stop pondering and choose one.
Old 24 Nov 2011, 14:22 (Ref:2990856)   #23
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Even I've put a couple in this year to make up the numbers! I'm assuming mods are allowed to submit pics?
Old 24 Nov 2011, 14:58 (Ref:2990864)   #24
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Even I've put a couple in this year to make up the numbers! I'm assuming mods are allowed to submit pics?
I'm in good company then John! My first attempt as well.
Old 24 Nov 2011, 15:00 (Ref:2990865)   #25
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
I'm assuming mods are allowed to submit pics?
Of course they are!