Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Jan 2002, 09:45 (Ref:198429)   #1
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Arrows engine deal in trouble?

According to the Feb issue of F1 Racing, a complication has arisen in the cosworth engine deal for Arrows.

Aparently, Arrows were funding the engines by selling a wind tunnel to Jaguar for £10M. On closer examination it appears that the wind tunnel, is fairly old and allegedly worth substantially less.

This has created a difficult situation as Jag no longer have a wind tunnel available to them and Arrows/TWR don't have the £10M to fund the cosworth engines, this is further complicated by the fact that the Orange title sponsorship deal is tied to Arrows having cosworth engines in the car.

This explains Arrows recent comments that they may be a bit late getting their 2002 car out......
Old 14 Jan 2002, 11:17 (Ref:198455)   #2
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
i read about this also.........what i can't understand is why the rat would agree to pay £10 million in the first place, when on late examination the value is approximatley half that.
Old 14 Jan 2002, 13:47 (Ref:198533)   #3
Rimrider
Racer

Rimrider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or is the Rat a T*at?

Could be if the Cat's a dog.
Old 14 Jan 2002, 15:59 (Ref:198574)   #4
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it has already been denied by all parties, Arrows already has it's 2002 engines.
Old 14 Jan 2002, 18:28 (Ref:198609)   #5
Rimrider
Racer

Rimrider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have a friend who had to go to Arrows recently to put a value on some second hand F1 cars for a re-financing package.

To pay for some engines perhaps.
Old 14 Jan 2002, 23:41 (Ref:198815)   #6
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
might be able to afford the oil with that package.
Old 15 Jan 2002, 12:36 (Ref:198957)   #7
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Presumably HHF will bring some sponsorship to Arrows.
Old 15 Jan 2002, 13:39 (Ref:198975)   #8
MichaelC
Veteran

MichaelC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Autosport mentioned that Arrows had received the first batch of their engines. Are Ford going to be sending the heavies round to take them back then?!
Old 15 Jan 2002, 16:15 (Ref:199019)   #9
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Green
Presumably HHF will bring some sponsorship to Arrows.
If HHF had sponsorship he could stay at Prost(he always said he wanted to).

the driver bringing sponsorship to Arrows is Jos: TCC,Lost Boys and Trust, while Chello is also based in Amsterdam.
Old 16 Jan 2002, 08:29 (Ref:199396)   #10
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Two points Steve:

1. HHF couldnt bring enough sponsorship to dig Prost out of their current financial crisis (In my humble opinion of course)

2. Many of the Dutch sponsorship deals are either coming to a close or, the guys would be happy not to renew contracts. The whole 'tech' sector has suffered enormously over the past year and many teams are going to have to find new areas of sponsorship.

My sources at Arrows tell me HHF has signed a contract.
Old 16 Jan 2002, 16:09 (Ref:199562)   #11
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Trust has already renewed it's contract and is OK as far as finaces are concerned, they just started building their new European headquarters in Dordrecht(under Rotterdam, Jos poured the foundation together with their CEO).

Jos was busy karting on saturday with costumers and salespeople of Trust products, the gur on the right in the purple sweater is the CEO.

Lost Boys has just merged with Icon Medialabs from Sweden and is still OK(and has a ongoing contract.

TCC is a advertising/marketing agenency wich also is suplier at Arrows(they brought Trust and Lost Boys to the team):

New Official Supplier for OrangeArrows
2001-07-26 15:33:00

TCC joins the Official Supplier programme

OrangeArrows announced today (26th July 2001) that The Communication Company (TCC) has joined the team's official supplier programme.

TCC will assist the team with its marketing and brand development activities in the Netherlands and will also support OrangeArrows sponsor, Lost Boys.

The Communication Company was established in 1990 in Breda, the Netherlands, and believes in building international brands by totally integrated creative communication. With offices in the Netherlands (Breda and Amsterdam) and Belgium (Antwerp), TCC is one of the fastest growing agencies in Benelux. TCC Group employs 60 people and is divided into TCC Advertising, TCC Design (corporate design and packaging), TCC Reputations (PR), X-Plosive (2-D and 3-D animations for TV, cinema and games), TCC IdeaLab (product and brand development) and TCC Interactive (new media concepts). These cells work closely together to offer totally integrated communication solutions internationally.

The TCC logo will appear on the wing mirrors of the OrangeArrows cars for the remainder of the 2001 season and on Jos Verstappen's helmet from 2002.

www.TCC.com

Lodewijk Varossieau who owns TCC also does PR for Jos(and he has done it for several years now).
Old 16 Jan 2002, 16:16 (Ref:199565)   #12
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
BTW: my source tells me that TW can't possibly start the 2002 season without Jos.

and Ketchup's manager says negotiations are going round in circles.

Last edited by steve nielsen; 16 Jan 2002 at 16:17.
Old 16 Jan 2002, 17:44 (Ref:199623)   #13
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by steve nielsen
BTW: my source tells me that TW can't possibly start the 2002 season without Jos.

and Ketchup's manager says negotiations are going round in circles.
whose ketchup??:confused:
Old 16 Jan 2002, 17:45 (Ref:199627)   #14
Mr V
Veteran

England
don't answer that???.....silly me
Old 16 Jan 2002, 18:32 (Ref:199656)   #15
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
All I can say is that a customer of mine who is an ex Arrows employee, has spoken to guys at the factory who tell him the deal with HHF is done. Obviously I don't know any more than that and can only go on the information available. There has to be some announcement soon because the season starts in two months time!
Old 16 Jan 2002, 18:36 (Ref:199663)   #16
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:

the driver bringing sponsorship to Arrows is Jos: TCC,Lost Boys and Trust, while Chello is also based in Amsterdam.

why is this sponsership dependant on jos driving for arrows when at least chello and lost boys sponsered arrows in '99 when pdlr and tora drove for them??
Old 16 Jan 2002, 19:14 (Ref:199687)   #17
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
Chello and Lost Boys did'nt sponsor Arrows in 99:

they started sponsoring Arrows in 2000.
Old 16 Jan 2002, 21:08 (Ref:199811)   #18
Mr V
Veteran

England
Quote:
Chello and Lost Boys did'nt sponsor Arrows in 99:

they started sponsoring Arrows in 2000.
well, minichamps must be clairvoiants then as my 1/18 arrows a20 from 1999 of pdlr clearly says chello and lost boys!! maybe i ought to sue em!
Old 16 Jan 2002, 21:15 (Ref:199818)   #19
Mr V
Veteran

England
actually i think i will sue them for making me look silly (sorry) my minichamps car has got 1999 stamped on it but it's in 2000 colours, please accept my apologies.
Old 16 Jan 2002, 21:27 (Ref:199829)   #20
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
it's the showcar that you have(old car in new colors), the 99 car is shown above.

a photo of the Arrows showcar:

http://home.wanadoo.nl/sjaguera/NB00-1.jpg

wich is a Arrows A20 with the A21's color scheme