Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 8 May 2004, 21:09 (Ref:964567)   #1
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Your best photo (taken yourself) - TOURING / SALOON CARS

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING:

TOURING / SALOON CAR PHOTOS
We would ask that you post a maximum of only 2 photos per race meeting or event. The title is afterall "Your best photo". Therefore when posting, take time to consider if the photo you want to show really is your best - if you cannot decide, add a second one but please no more, unless from a different event. This should also help to keep up the quality of the shots.
Old 9 May 2004, 12:07 (Ref:965025)   #2
Emotive Images
Rookie

Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
Emotive Images should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Twin Flame Throwers!

Here's one I'm really pleased with from the British GT Championship round in Mondello Park yesterday.

Taken with a Nikon D70 and Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 HSM.

-Mark

Old 9 May 2004, 12:18 (Ref:965065)   #3
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
great one, Mark !
I like burning exhausts (never managed to get such a pic myself)
Old 9 May 2004, 12:34 (Ref:965109)   #4
Emotive Images
Rookie

Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
Thanks, for some reason it wasn't doing it much during qualifying or the race. This was taken during the untimed practice session.

Having watched the V8 Supercars on TV I was expecting the Monaro to be the flame-thrower. It was depressigly timid in comparison.

-Mark.

Last edited by Emotive Images; 9 May 2004 at 12:38.
Old 9 May 2004, 12:48 (Ref:965140)   #5
Emotive Images
Rookie

Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
Running wide

Seeing as we are allowed to post two shots. I really like this one too. Also taken at the British GT Championship Round 3 in Mondello.

The 'vette ran wide through the first part of this double right hander. He tried to come back across the track for the second apex and collided with the Ferrari. Unfortunately they were too close for me to frame a shot by then.

-Mark.

Old 9 May 2004, 18:09 (Ref:965740)   #6
forzaf1
Racer

United Kingdom
Hants, UK
forzaf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Takes at Brands Hatch the other weekend.

Alex
Old 9 May 2004, 18:19 (Ref:965745)   #7
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This was James Levy at Lydden Saturday. As can be seen he had already suffered a little damage-this was after having tangled with a good number of cars earlier on-by the time the 2nd race had finished it had to be lifted onto his trailer as he hit a slowing car during red flags!
Attached Thumbnails
s.jpg  
Old 9 May 2004, 18:31 (Ref:965752)   #8
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Good old James - not seen him in ages - glad to see he's as spectacular as ever!
Old 9 May 2004, 19:38 (Ref:965810)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmm,

How many straight panels can you see through the square window?

Can I make a general point that the clarity of thes pics thus far is impressive.
Old 9 May 2004, 20:49 (Ref:965876)   #10
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Re: Twin Flame Throwers!

Quote:
Originally posted by Emotive Images
Here's one I'm really pleased with from the British GT Championship round in Mondello Park yesterday.

Taken with a Nikon D70 and Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 HSM.

Wow, those are great images and always nice to know what sort of cameras people are using for the photos they post. I've got a D70 ordered, so I'll certainly be happy if it can produce results like that.
Old 9 May 2004, 21:16 (Ref:965911)   #11
Emotive Images
Rookie

Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
Quote:
Wow, those are great images and always nice to know what sort of cameras people are using for the photos they post. I've got a D70 ordered, so I'll certainly be happy if it can produce results like that.
Thanks! I'm thrilled to bits with mine. I shot 639 images yesterday (no continuous shooting) and found the shutter response just phenomonal. It feels instantaneous. I was delighted with the results from this outing. Battery life is fantastic. It still reads as full, even though I did quite a bit of reviewing on the LCD and uploaded the images to my laptop over USB between sessions.

I'm still sorting them but I have some more uploaded to my D70 gallery if you are interested.

http://www.emotiveimages.com/D70

-Mark.
Old 9 May 2004, 21:45 (Ref:965937)   #12
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Those are truly stunning.
Old 9 May 2004, 22:01 (Ref:965955)   #13
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Mark, the photo of the Jones twins Porsche is fantastic!
I bet David and Godfrey would love a copy to go in their boardroom at Preci-spark ( to compliment the two originals I have done for them in the past - excuse the little plug!)
Looking forward to seeing more from future events.
Old 10 May 2004, 08:47 (Ref:966237)   #14
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Moderators message:

We now have a small ' tweak' to the new threads. The Sportscar one will now include GTs. This Touring / Saloon thread will therefore be purely for tin-tops.
These excellent GT shots above can stay here but any future GT ones in the Sportscar/GT thread please.

Please note that the images should be smaller too. A max of 400 x 400 pixels.
Thanks.
Old 10 May 2004, 11:25 (Ref:966382)   #15
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Andrew, maybe for bigger pictures, we could use external links only?
Old 10 May 2004, 11:41 (Ref:966398)   #16
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
External links are fine, providing use use the URL tag, not IMG. If you want you could post the URL and a small sample image.
Old 10 May 2004, 11:44 (Ref:966400)   #17
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Yes, so long as it does not affect the 'loading / waiting' time. What we want to get away from is a massive 'heavy' thread that is slow to open.
Old 10 May 2004, 15:30 (Ref:966607)   #18
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Snapper Baz
This was James Levy at Lydden Saturday. As can be seen he had already suffered a little damage-this was after having tangled with a good number of cars earlier on-by the time the 2nd race had finished it had to be lifted onto his trailer as he hit a slowing car during red flags!
Is it me or is this car a little nose heavy??

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 10 May 2004, 15:40 (Ref:966615)   #19
Emotive Images
Rookie

Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
Quote:
Originally posted by Cougar21
Is it me or is this car a little nose heavy??
Yeah, I believe it's very easy on its rear tires ... eats the front ones though! ;-)

-Mark.
Old 10 May 2004, 20:02 (Ref:966853)   #20
jasont
Rookie

jasont should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From this weekend at Silverstone I quite like:

http://tsuphoto.com/motorsport/publi.../CRW_0533.html

and this season so far, my favourite is probably this one at Thruxton:
http://tsuphoto.com/motorsport/publi.../CRW_8770.html

Funny really, I hate Thruxton as a photography track but it always seems to throw up a few classic shots...

J
Attached Thumbnails
btcc_1.jpg  
Old 11 May 2004, 03:30 (Ref:967162)   #21
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
great stuff jason, also liked going through the lot and seeing how Muller looks like he's put on a few pounds and Thompson has gone from looking like a punk skin head to a cast member of Braveheart. Just observations from someone who hasn't seen the usual suspects for quite a while.

cheers
Old 11 May 2004, 07:16 (Ref:967259)   #22
forzaf1
Racer

United Kingdom
Hants, UK
forzaf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice pictures Jason, what exposure are you taking that at and how do you get that rich colour??

Alex
Old 11 May 2004, 09:32 (Ref:967398)   #23
jasont
Rookie

jasont should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hehe. Quite a few people commented on that shot of Thompson on the podium.

As far as exposures go, the panned shots are anything down to about 1/20 sec. The shot of Neal at Thruxton was I think about 1/80. This one at Silverstone was 1/20 sec on the slowing down lap:

http://tsuphoto.com/motorsport/publi.../CRW_0568.html

I have to say I'm a big fan of the really slow shutter speeds and I like to make the cars look like they're actually moving. Without Canon's IS these kind of shots just wouldn't be possible. [or not with the same hit rate at least].

I shoot RAW and then process through Capture One and I have a number of custom colour profiles to suit various subjects. I also save for the web as sRGB not AdobeRGB which for a non-colour managed environment like a browser gives richer colours.

J
Old 11 May 2004, 15:49 (Ref:967798)   #24
ukhamsterclub
Rookie

ukhamsterclub should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Silverstone

Not sure this is even in the same league as some of the postings but hey it's an open forum!!

Taken at Silverstone on Sunday's BTCC Meeting
Attached Thumbnails
neal spinreduced.jpg  
Old 11 May 2004, 16:02 (Ref:967808)   #25
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Great shots guys.
But that Honda - have you ever seen such a ridiculous looking racing car in all your life?
Bring on the DTM rules in the BTCC! The cars look like real racers.