Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Oct 2000, 18:36 (Ref:42004)   #1
Billy_Hunt
Racer

Billy_Hunt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just to salvage some thing from Japan,and not to take any thing away from TGF.
I cant help thinking Ferrari's Championship is down to two men obviously TGF, but what about Ross Brawn it should have been him who collected the constructors trophy not that other bloke (who is he anyway ?)
Can you remember what Ferrari pitstops were like before he came along sure they have made the odd c*ck up since, but not half as many.
But it is mainly down to his master stragedy that Ferrari have got alot of the wins (including Japan) and many a time out foxed Mc Laren.
As I have said in a previous thread "Ross Brawn doesnt get enough credit at Ferrari".
TGF does appreciate him though
Quote:
Ross is simply the master of our team and,by making the right decisions, he has made us world champions.

Old 9 Oct 2000, 18:52 (Ref:42007)   #2
angst
Veteran

angst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agree completely. There seems to be a general theme among certain posters here that TGF has solely brought Ferrari to the position they are in, whereas Mika has been the lucky recipient of a Mclaren designed by Adrian Newey. The truth is that Mika and TGF are both very talented drivers who hav worked very hard with very capable technical teams to produce winning combinations. Mika, TGF, Newey, Brawn, Byrne, Dennis, Todt, Panis, DC, Badoer, Rubinho, Irv etc, etc. all have a large part to play in putting together the most competitive teams of the last three years.
Old 9 Oct 2000, 20:38 (Ref:42037)   #3
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There are a great many givens in F1.

1. Bernie Ecclestone is all about the money.
2. Michael Schumacher is an excellent all around driver.
3. Mika Hakkinen is an excellent dry weather driver.
4. Ross Brawn is the best team engineer.
5. Adrian Newey is the best car designer.

These men excell farther than any other in their respective field today. It does not maen they are best of all time, because the times have changed too much.
Old 9 Oct 2000, 20:45 (Ref:42043)   #4
Rolandgunslinger
Rookie

Rolandgunslinger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

LOL

And everything Mclaren have done you can credit to a certain Kiwi gentleman
Old 9 Oct 2000, 20:58 (Ref:42049)   #5
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!

Well of course that is why they are called Formula one teams!!..No one person wins a WDC..Michael Schumacher would be the first to give credit where credit is due...6 sec pit stop..Ferrari mechanics..Go guys!

FANTASTIC FERRARI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thank you ROSS BRAWN
Old 9 Oct 2000, 23:52 (Ref:42080)   #6
Gerard
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Gerard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ross Brawn does get all the credit at Ferrari he can take.
Everybody at Ferrari is aware of the importance of having Ross Brawn in the team.
But that's exactly what it is, a team effort.
It's Montezemolo, Todt, Brawn, Schumacher, Barrichello and everyone of the other 500 co-operators at Ferrari.

On digital I could hear Michael Schumacher's radio and the moment he passed the finish line, I heard this:

Ross Brawn: "OK, Michael, we're going on broadcast, give us your feelings for broadcast.'

Michael Schumacher: 'Oh sh1t!... I can't do it. Sh1t! You're great Ross, you are great, Ross. All of you guys. Oh my god! (Screaming) Yahooo! Oh Sh1t! We did it! We did it! Ohhh! ... I can't believe it... (starts crying) We did it... Give Corinna a big kiss from me.'
Old 10 Oct 2000, 03:30 (Ref:42094)   #7
Victor Broccoli
Racer

Victor Broccoli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Schumi = great driver
Brawn = great engineer
Todt = excellent boss.

Notice that whenever they come together, wins and championships seem to come their way.

It's kind of like that Texaco commercial with Robert Yates and Mario Andretti that ran a few years ago which had both people asked which was more important: the car or the driver.

Yates: "The greatest driver will never see a win without a great engine."

Andretti: "The fastest engine will never see the chequered flag without a great driver."

In Ferrari's case, with Schumi, Brawn, Todt, Byrne, and everyone else: You have the greatest driver with the greatest car (this year anyway).
Old 10 Oct 2000, 12:35 (Ref:42142)   #8
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Gerard, I heard that feed too.

It's a very emotional thing to actually hear. Reading the words just doesn't do it justice...

You can download the audio file from: http://www.atlasf1.com/news/report.php?id=3052
Old 10 Oct 2000, 23:49 (Ref:42268)   #9
Dhru
Rookie

Dhru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You need a driver like Schumacher to be able to pull of strategies like Ross Brawn's, I mean how far did Eddie get? He couldn't even get close to the top in qualifying last year in Suzuka, and it's supposed to be his strongest track!
Dhru.
Old 11 Oct 2000, 13:31 (Ref:42335)   #10
jarama
Racer

jarama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Obviously, EI cracked under pressure... that's all.