Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 22 Sep 2012, 06:41 (Ref:3139832)   #626
simtek12
Rookie

Netherlands
simtek12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Needless to say that SLK also has egg on his face.

Again, you don't know me, so you can't say or imply I'm Christian.
Because I'm not!

I'm not in the BossGP organisation nor friends with Christian.
We only have contact every now and then.

Back in the days of EuroBOSS, when I used to go to meetings with my dad, we met Roger a couple of times.
I remember we were at Spa for the test day (in 2006), with Paul Smith and his Simtek S951, we have been talking with Roger for an hour straight.

It's difficult to judge for me, but I've heared that the split was inevitable due to problems with several organisers. So the 4 Dutch drivers decided to take action, so they could still go to the nice tracks & events.
Don't shoot me, if I'm wrong, because that is what I've heared.
And like I said before, a story always has 2 sides.

If you still think I'm Christian, than you are very wrong:
http://www.google.nl/#hl=nl&gs_nf=1&...w=1366&bih=689
Old 22 Sep 2012, 06:53 (Ref:3139835)   #627
Martin-GTS
Rookie

Germany
Martin-GTS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Legends also make mistakes!

I was there during a race of the EuroBoss, as the organizers did not open the rollup- doors because the legend has once again not paid.
Can you imagine the chaos?
Old 22 Sep 2012, 09:09 (Ref:3139879)   #628
PeterMorley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Belgium
PeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Calm down children, lets not start making personal insults about anyone or any nationality - that is what happens on just about every other internet forum I've seen.

What I will say is there were of course a few disputes about payment but Roger can't be blamed for all of them - for example, if you arrived somewhere and the organisers change the terms on the spot what do you do, tell the participants to go home and not hold the event or do your best to get by?

I know a variety of event organisers (covering a wide range of events) and can tell you that arguments about payments are normal and have to be factored into the costs whenever possible.
In fact anyone who has started any kind of business will be aware of this kind of issue.

Having the super wealthy running the show is no way to guarantee that people will be paid quicker (or at all - which is an issue that saw one of the BGP founders in court recently), normally the richer people are the harder it is to extract money from them - which is possibly one of the reasons they are so rich.
Old 25 Sep 2012, 14:28 (Ref:3141463)   #629
simtek12
Rookie

Netherlands
Sorry seems to be the hardest word.....

2 people call me names, accuse me and now they are quiet, when proof is delivered that I am myself and not Christian.
Accept your fault and agree that we don't agree on how BossGP is run or should be run.
Old 25 Sep 2012, 16:13 (Ref:3141526)   #630
adam46
Racer

United Kingdom
Isle Of Wight, UK.
adam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridadam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You guys really need to be careful or the one place on this forum to talk BOSS will be locked I imagine. :P

It only matters if it has a motor...
Old 25 Sep 2012, 21:50 (Ref:3141696)   #631
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by simtek12 View Post
Sorry seems to be the hardest word.....

2 people call me names, accuse me and now they are quiet, when proof is delivered that I am myself and not Christian.
Accept your fault and agree that we don't agree on how BossGP is run or should be run.
Not quiet only just read the posts. Clearly we won't agree how the series is run. My apologies for me thinking you were Christian however your posts are very Christian like!
Old 28 Sep 2012, 16:22 (Ref:3143294)   #632
simtek12
Rookie

Netherlands
Thanks Thundersports, I appreciate your message!
Old 17 Oct 2012, 21:21 (Ref:3153565)   #633
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
Good value..........
http://www.bossgp.com/market/adverti...Champ-Car.html
Old 27 Oct 2012, 17:41 (Ref:3158574)   #634
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
Anyone know who these two were coming together?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_Rmgrf-Zr8
Old 19 Nov 2012, 09:32 (Ref:3168365)   #635
Exploded
Rookie

Belgium
Antwerp
Exploded should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I’m going a bit off topic here, but at the moment a friend and I are in the process of rebuilding a T8800 Cart/IndyCar, driven by Al Unser. Our ultimate goal would be to drive this car in the BossGP Masters class. Hence why my post in here.
I’m looking for advice concerning which parts need to be X-rayed and information about the crack testing of the tub. Can any one tell me what is needed and/or recommend companies to do this? How long are these tests valid?
Our first goal is to bring the car to life around april/mai next year and then have a year of testing/preparing/learning, and when the configuration is proven to be stable, then start competing.
The car has a 3.3l Turbo Buick V6 engine, which is complete, but we would be happy to have more engine spares and/or a complete spare engine. Please feel free to contact me, we appreciate your help.
Sorry to go a bit off topic, but there seem to be a lot of knowledgeable people reading this topic.
Old 13 Feb 2013, 17:54 (Ref:3204142)   #636
Martin-GTS
Rookie

Germany
EUROPEAN B.O.S.S. FESTIVALS 2013

20/21 April Jim Clark Revival Hockenheimring GP
11/12 May Race Festival Red-Bull-Ring
01/02 June Coppa Intereuropa Autodromo di Monza
29/30 June 50th Anniversary Circuit Zolder
13/14 July Masters of Formula 3 Circuit Park Zandvoort
31/01 September HistoRacing Festival Circuit Paul Ricard
28/29 September Superstars & Ferrari Challenge Autodromo Imola
12/13 October GP Historique Magny-Cours
Old 2 Mar 2013, 11:39 (Ref:3213167)   #637
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Seems BOSS GP has a new rival, XL Formula, from the group who organise the French Classic F3 series:

http://www.xlformula.org/

Quote:
Calendrier 2013

30 - 31 mars -1 avril : Nogaro (F)
18-19 mai : Imola (I)
12-13juillet : Dijon (F)
30 août-1 sept : Le Castellet (F)
20-22 sept : Spa (B) sous réserve de validation
11-13 octobre : Magny-Cours (F)
Old 9 Mar 2013, 18:52 (Ref:3216449)   #638
adam46
Racer

United Kingdom
Isle Of Wight, UK.
adam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridadam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Can someone translate the XL Formula page please?

Old 9 Mar 2013, 19:14 (Ref:3216458)   #639
Martin-GTS
Rookie

Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam46 View Post
Can someone translate the XL Formula page please?
THE RACING IN LARGE FORMAT
M eler in the same old racing Formula 1 cars with other high-level, mid-way between the world of racing and the history of contemporary race, the initiative may make a big splash in 2013 !

Off the beaten path, this is the new way that the organization HVM Racing Laurent Bernard Vallery-Masson and Honnorat will explore in the coming months with the experience and expertise of many years of development Trophy F3 Classic, which is now referred to the European level. Know-how which is also reflected since 2010 by organizing multiple meetings modern or historical.

Close to those budgets for endurance racing history, the aptly named Formula XL series has set itself aims to bring together a wide range of cars, older or very modern, six major European circuits. The F1 course, but also to cross generations, many other cars capable of leading performance, whether from the Indy Car, the F3000, GP2, the A1 GP or Formula Nissan Renault 3.5 and WS.

The traditional Easter Cup Nogaro have the privilege to kick off the series, which will then continue in Imola, Dijon, Le Castellet and Magny-Cours.
Old 10 Mar 2013, 01:18 (Ref:3216553)   #640
adam46
Racer

United Kingdom
Isle Of Wight, UK.
Thanks Martin!

Old 16 Apr 2013, 01:38 (Ref:3234995)   #641
adam46
Racer

United Kingdom
Isle Of Wight, UK.
So... The entry for Hockenheim is out there... It seems okay, there is an unfortunate lack of F1 machinery but also the interesting addition of an Auto GP car piloted by Michele La Rosa. Is anyone attending?

Old 30 Apr 2013, 22:04 (Ref:3241145)   #642
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
Agree Adam a distinct lack of F1 machinery as predicted in the long term by myself and others on here. However it appears the series is going to gain two 2011 F1 cars............http://www.bossgp.com/news/99/1/pres...boss-gp-series
Old 30 Apr 2013, 23:12 (Ref:3241159)   #643
adam46
Racer

United Kingdom
Isle Of Wight, UK.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundersports View Post
Agree Adam a distinct lack of F1 machinery as predicted in the long term by myself and others on here. However it appears the series is going to gain two 2011 F1 cars............http://www.bossgp.com/news/99/1/pres...boss-gp-series
Okay I definitely did not see that coming... 2011 Formula One cars? Aren't they a little young? Then again, they aren't really the quickest machines! I wonder if the DRS and KERS systems will be used, and also how compatible the Avon Tyres will be...

I guess they're competitiveness will depend on the drivers but this may add a little spice and diversity to the field!

Old 1 May 2013, 00:39 (Ref:3241171)   #644
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Course the fact that the engines and transmissions were returned to the leasing party, engines to Cosworth and transmissions to Williams, might make rebuilding the engines as the article claimed a TOUGH act. Does Boss GP work with an engine supplier that could be reworked within the chassis? Williams might supply some old transmissions after this season but the transmissions change next year so it might just be a crate of parts, although their technology and workshops might be available for a price. And given the engine change and need to work on the new ones I doubt Cosworth would put much, if any, effort into building them new engines. F1 engines don't seem to be known for their durability even when not tuned as high.
Old 1 May 2013, 05:13 (Ref:3241215)   #645
SLK55
Racer

England
SLK55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ha, I know someone with a Ford Anglia, maybe he could join the grid too.....in fact it seems anyone can.
Old 1 May 2013, 08:43 (Ref:3241265)   #646
Formulahistory
Veteran

Formulahistory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam46 View Post
Okay I definitely did not see that coming... 2011 Formula One cars? Aren't they a little young? Then again, they aren't really the quickest machines! I wonder if the DRS and KERS systems will be used, and also how compatible the Avon Tyres will be...

I guess they're competitiveness will depend on the drivers but this may add a little spice and diversity to the field!
Yes DRS and KERS are allowed. Ingo Gerstl has a DRS system on his GP2 car...
Old 1 May 2013, 15:45 (Ref:3241366)   #647
adam46
Racer

United Kingdom
Isle Of Wight, UK.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK55 View Post
Ha, I know someone with a Ford Anglia, maybe he could join the grid too.....in fact it seems anyone can.
Well they may be outside the rules regarding the age limit but they are definitely Big Open Single Seaters, and honestly I don't see them being able to outpace Klaas Zwart's Jaguar and possibly not even Ingo Gerstl's modified GP2 (I do remember the DRS on that car, come to think of it). I think you may be pushing the boundaries just slightly with an Anglia though!

Old 1 May 2013, 16:25 (Ref:3241385)   #648
PeterMorley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Belgium
PeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulahistory View Post
Yes DRS and KERS are allowed. Ingo Gerstl has a DRS system on his GP2 car...
I don't think HRT ran KERS in 2011 so it is unlikely they would be able to add it even if someone wanted all the problems/danger that goes with it.

As for performance, am I right in thinking that at some events the HRT was slower than the GP2 cars?
Old 1 May 2013, 21:01 (Ref:3241517)   #649
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterMorley View Post
I don't think HRT ran KERS in 2011 so it is unlikely they would be able to add it even if someone wanted all the problems/danger that goes with it.

As for performance, am I right in thinking that at some events the HRT was slower than the GP2 cars?
I think they were not 100% sure. If enough ££££££ is offered Cosworth and Williams would co-operate with the engine and transmission.
Old 1 May 2013, 22:11 (Ref:3241541)   #650
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterMorley View Post
It was the case in 2010 - although I suspect that some of the gap was down to an inexperienced driver line up.