Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 Oct 2000, 11:57 (Ref:41779)   #1
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
I for one was not impressed with the poor showing from David Coulthard after today's race. I know he doesn't like TGF, but it wouldn't have killed him to look a bit happy, would it?

And as for that face he was pulling on the podium...He looked so miserable! He looked thoroughly displeased when he received his trophy and had a pretty sour face on during the champagne celebrations.

But hats off to Mika Hakkinen for being sporting and congratulating TGF. It can't be easy to be beaten.
Old 8 Oct 2000, 12:13 (Ref:41784)   #2
LYM
Racer

LYM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think MS would have the same reactions had they traded places. Anyway he did stuck the whole champagne bottle into Jean Todt's back.

Seems like every comment or look he gave earns him criticism.....poor guy.
Old 8 Oct 2000, 12:17 (Ref:41785)   #3
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
You have to admit, he was a pretty awful sight so early in the morning...

And I think TGF would have been a little more sporting. Remember 1998, when he was out and Hakkinen won the title? TGF was the first into the parc ferme to congratulate him.
Old 8 Oct 2000, 15:19 (Ref:41802)   #4
Sharky
Veteran

Sharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSharky should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well....after such a dissapointing showing by DC I imagine that he would be very unpleased with himself. For most of the race I didn't even notice him....well...maybe in the pit stops. I'm still wondering if they should have even bothered to invite him to the press conference.

It was a great attitude by Mika and also by Eddie Irvine who was the first to congratulate schu.
Old 8 Oct 2000, 18:46 (Ref:41817)   #5
StephenWolf
Rookie

StephenWolf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
YUP WOULD'NT HAVE HURT HIM TO SMILE
If David jumped into a barrel of milk it would have gone bad or rather turned into yogurt. He looked profoundly "square" (sorry dave) and for the people who think Shumi would have had the same reaction "he aint a sourkraut (hope I spelt it right).AsI have said before David acts at times like a spoiled 10 year old brat "mommy he did that"...kind of stuff grow up davy.Hats off to Mika nad congrats to Shumi the pros of F1
Old 8 Oct 2000, 20:41 (Ref:41833)   #6
downforce
Veteran

India
Bangalore
downforce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The funniest part of the podium celebrations was, Mika+DC politely waiting for Michael and Kermit to finish the smooching so they could carry Schu on their shoulders...BUT Kermit decided to take shelter under 6ft Mika's arm looking pretty un-invited...Ha!

Cute Kermit.
Old 8 Oct 2000, 22:28 (Ref:41848)   #7
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have no idea what the problem here is. It seems that everytime DC appears on TV or in a magazine that he is critisized to death. I feel quite sorry for him.

He had a bad weekend, and the race wasn't so hot either, so why is he required to look happy? Would you be happy if the other team won the race? There is not law that you must be happy for the winner
Old 9 Oct 2000, 01:05 (Ref:41859)   #8
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Jay, I think Hakkinen was magnanimous in defeat, quite gracious in fact. DC's reaction during the press conference seemed really unsporting, and I for one was a little disappointed. It is easy to understand his frustration, but a public acknowledgement of Schumacher's achievement would have looked a lot better.

It also seemed to me the MS left the dais during Coulthard's segment in the interview. Could this have distracted him? What was going on in the interview that we did not see?
Old 9 Oct 2000, 01:17 (Ref:41862)   #9
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
To be honest, I did not even notice DC on teh podium - TGF was very happy and that overtook any other hapening on teh pordium. It was left to Mika to be magnanimous in defeat because he was the one defeated, not DC. I don't think DC was happy with his own effort for the entire weekend, so there was little to be happy about. I don't remember TGF being that happy when Jacques won teh WDC. I wish certain people would stop being so negative - look on teh donut, not on the hole.
Old 9 Oct 2000, 02:43 (Ref:41873)   #10
Dhru
Rookie

Dhru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Feel sorry for Irv, he was the first to congratulate Michael, but I doubt he'll get any congrats himself for eveything he did to help Ferrari over the last few years, instead they'll go to Rubens. He left one season too early... He did a great job letting Michael lap him today too.
Dhru.
Old 9 Oct 2000, 06:58 (Ref:41903)   #11
Langers
Veteran

Langers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Um sorry I'm new to this, but what/who is TGF?
Old 9 Oct 2000, 07:13 (Ref:41904)   #12
neutral
Racer

neutral should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TGF=

That German Fellow (before Suzuka)

The greatest Ferarri-driver (after suzuka)

Both obviously refer to Michael Schumacher

Old 9 Oct 2000, 07:19 (Ref:41905)   #13
LYM
Racer

LYM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And...
TYGF=That Younger German Fellow (Ralf)
TOGF=That Older German Fellow (Frentzen)

Old 9 Oct 2000, 07:33 (Ref:41908)   #14
Langers
Veteran

Langers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
cool thanks
Old 9 Oct 2000, 08:52 (Ref:41919)   #15
downforce
Veteran

India
Bangalore
Wait dont go away Langers!!!!
"BMHWDC=British Media Hyped World Drivers Champ"
"TOFFF=The Other Fellow For Ferrari".....

Btw Ten-tenths loves this.
Old 9 Oct 2000, 08:57 (Ref:41921)   #16
downforce
Veteran

India
Bangalore
http://www.formula1.com/graphics00/i...pressconf2.jpg

Old 9 Oct 2000, 09:37 (Ref:41924)   #17
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No way, after all fingers, hands, accusations, to be happy for Schumacher now THAT would be hypocrisy. You are wrong, David behaved correctly. (And it was a two-man show, it is not a reason to be happy when you're invited just because Sporting Regulations say so)

Dhru, Ferrari publicly thanked Eddie last year for his contribution. And it was Eddie's choice to leave Ferrari, Ferrari didn't dump him. Indeed, to be Schumi's teammate is not easy (not because of inferior equipment, team orders, whatever). And I know it's another topic on this subject, but David should move as well. Toyota maybe?
Old 9 Oct 2000, 10:12 (Ref:41927)   #18
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Welcome, Langers. Don't worry about the TGF thing, everyone asks the same question.
To everyone else, look at it this way. As Red so aptly put it, it was a two man show. TGF was over the moon, and spoke a lot; Mika was very adept at his magnanimous in defeat, vry sincere, and teh only thing DC could do was to answer an insipid question and then shut up. Anything else would have been superfluous, and inconsequential. He wasn't beaten, Mika was. DC just had a merde of a weekend, and who the hell cares!!!! Who cares???? I was in that position in a sailing class championship, lost it when my crew fell overboard and drag the dinghy onto the windward mark. I had to attend the prize giving, and all I wanted to do was to crawl into a hole and hide. Do you guys really know what it feels like?? Merde!!!
Old 11 Oct 2000, 10:41 (Ref:42302)   #19
julesdw
Rookie

julesdw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

DC has behaved badley all season... He's a master at it. Schuey always does the abvious things but Coulthard often shouts his mouth off to someone. And he's the fist shaking master! He is leading the F1 Rogues (http://www.f1rogues.com) championship by quite a long way... Schuey if second but by 40 odd points...
Old 11 Oct 2000, 15:36 (Ref:42364)   #20
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!

I disagree Julesdw..David Coulthard has done a good job this year, at one point I thought he might win the WDC...He seems like a nice chap..His problem I feel is that he tried to rattle Michael by saying to many negative things concerning his driving habits, I am a little suprised that Ron Dennis did not tell him to forget all of the verbal, and just let his driving do the talking..I also think that DC is shy to some degree in front of the camera... Had he turned to Michael at the post conference and said great race "congratulations" on a job well done" The heat would be somewhat off him...He is so blown away he doesn't know what to say now..Mika on the other hand has two WDC's to his credit, and say's very little partly because of his English, and we know the rest..

I love this place..... Now ladies and Gentlemen can you be "kind" enough to refer to Michael Shucmacher using his given name..
Old 11 Oct 2000, 15:40 (Ref:42365)   #21
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!

opp's...Michael Schumacher I meant...excuse me please!
Old 11 Oct 2000, 20:09 (Ref:42409)   #22
Carla O
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
Carla O should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You mean i can't say Scummy like i use to?
awwwww
Old 11 Oct 2000, 20:12 (Ref:42411)   #23
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London

The TGF thing will never wear off...
Old 11 Oct 2000, 20:32 (Ref:42423)   #24
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
...not ever!
Old 11 Oct 2000, 22:19 (Ref:42445)   #25
Carla O
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
Carla O should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll stick to Scummy! Easier to understand!

xxx
C