Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Oct 2000, 12:47 (Ref:41963)   #1
kuchi
Veteran

Colombia
Bogota, Colombia
kuchi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

After tgf won the championship tis past weekend, a question hasn´t come out of my mind. Will Mika retire?. It´s very difficult to say if he wants to return and give shum a fight, but maybe he wants a break, now that he´s going to be a dad, more family time, I don´t know, but who will be seated in the Mclaren if mika quit´s?. That´s another tough question, there are not a lot of qualified drivers to take that job, so what will happen. Once I was talking with a friend about this and we mentioned the possibility of rubens goin to the macs, well it was just a thought, anyway what do you think about it?
Old 9 Oct 2000, 17:41 (Ref:41999)   #2
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If he left McLaren now, he would really leave them in the lurch for next year as everyonr good has been signed up (hmmmmm, ...Herbert?)

My guess is that he will see out next season, but I doubt he will continue after then.
Old 9 Oct 2000, 19:08 (Ref:42010)   #3
Billy_Hunt
Racer

Billy_Hunt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not sure about Mika leaving just yet but he didnt really seem too intrested at the beginning of the season did he?once you get kids your perspective on life does change.
RB is getting unhappy at Ferrari though.
Quote:

Rubens Barrichello is losing patience with his role as Michael Schumacher's number two.

The Brazilian is reported to be pressing behind the scenes for the chance to race on equal terms with the new world champion

Now Ferrari have done it they should let him race
Old 9 Oct 2000, 21:07 (Ref:42053)   #4
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was left wondering when I saw Mika take a big bow before the audience on the podium at Suzuka. It looked almost as if he bowed out, but I think it was merely an acknowledgement of the applause he received as he realised the title fight for this year is over.

I go with EERO, I think Mika will see out next season, but am also doubtful about whether or not he will continue after then. We shall wait and see.

Herbert... lol! McLaren already have a #2 driver in DC, they surely don't need another one!
Old 9 Oct 2000, 22:59 (Ref:42069)   #5
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing

Well, I did say that Zonta was making a big mistake going with Jordan when he could have been test driver for McLaren. Whoever, gets the job if MIka retires will be assured of the best car in F1, and a possibility to win races if good enough. I hope Mika stays, because he is the last of the true gentlemen in F1. Maybe Eddie could go to Mclaren, who knows?? Just a thought - they should twist Benneton's and Frank's arms and sign Bunsen!!!!
Old 10 Oct 2000, 09:13 (Ref:42110)   #6
zamrud
Rookie

zamrud should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I hope he doesn't retire within the next few years coz I believe he still have a lot to offer F1 and the fans. And I totally agree that he's one of the few gentlemens left in this sports and many (including B.E.) could learn a thing or two from him , not only how to drive quicker!

About Mika taking a bow on the podium in Suzuka, well its really a Japanese custom to bow in respect of the person you're meeting, hence guess Mika's showing his respect to the Japanese audience and not because he's bowing out of F1.. But then again, I didn't actually asked him what were his intentions
Old 10 Oct 2000, 19:30 (Ref:42209)   #7
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by zamrud

About Mika taking a bow on the podium in Suzuka, well its really a Japanese custom to bow in respect of the person you're meeting, hence guess Mika's showing his respect to the Japanese audience and not because he's bowing out of F1.
Well, now that you're saying it, I think you're right. I hadn't really thought of this possibility. Just another example of Mika's gentlemanly behaviour in that case.

Old 11 Oct 2000, 00:04 (Ref:42269)   #8
Dhru
Rookie

Dhru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mika was completly out of sorts. I think that the only reason he got back on form was that even DC had more points than he did, and he probably suddered at the thought of helping him. But if he quits it will be for the good of the press conferences everywhere, and DC too. However, I just hope there's someone waiting to take the Championship to Michael when he stops (preferabley Ralf), there'd be little fun or satisfaction if Michael were to win it 9 races in. I can't believe I just said that. Oh.. Rubens take WDC? I don't mind them letting him race, but is it really going to make that much difference? Michael's a lot better than him in so many ways.
Dhru.