Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 18 Feb 2005, 22:13 (Ref:1229768)   #26
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Chris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have received Frederick's photos, but I have not had a chance to scan them yet as I have had major computer problems. In fact I have just handed my new computer back to the computer store!

Steve, Sorry for the slow response, but I have not had time to look at the forum for months. This is how Bob Jane's Mustang basically looked during the entire time he raced it: http://members.tripod.com/motorsport...stang1_web.jpg

The flared guards were originally an inch or two longer for the first few races, but that's all. I would have thought the car landed in the country with the flares.

Any other flares you have seen would have been added in the Bob Stevens Sports Sedan era of the car.

Bruce, I would have thought the Bowin FF pic was John Wright as It doesn't have Grace Bros livery.

Regards,
Chris.
Old 21 Feb 2005, 21:08 (Ref:1231797)   #27
Amonfan
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Amonfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll throw one out of left feild and say the Bowin P4 is none other than John Smith
Old 24 Feb 2005, 01:56 (Ref:1234041)   #28
kramer
Racer

kramer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it's too early to be John Smith. Didn't he become prominent a couple of years later? And John Wright was a couple of years later again - 1978 or so.

I think it's a Grace Bros car - that looks like the diamond emblem behind the number on the front of the car. Wish we could get answers!

Kramer
Old 24 Feb 2005, 02:03 (Ref:1234045)   #29
Amonfan
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Amonfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im pretty positive its John Smith circa 1977, fortunately i have a similar pic in RCN from the same era so ive kinda cheated, lol. I had initially thought John avis who drove the car in 1976. John Wright took over the car in 1978. Seems the car liked John's
Old 24 Feb 2005, 02:15 (Ref:1234050)   #30
kramer
Racer

kramer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Okay. I was going by gut feel - so you're most likely right.

Still, great photos and great memories. I've got a whole lot of RCNs in boxes - must get them out and see if they are all right.

Kramer