Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 12 May 2011, 21:07 (Ref:2879604)   #151
Matador
Racer

Matador should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkiller8 View Post
it's a shame that super gt 500 will transform in dtm and not the reverse, i like a lot more a "typical" gt500 aero/body shape than a dtm one.
This. Super GT cars are also faster. I think a more interesting compromise should have been made.
Old 12 May 2011, 21:12 (Ref:2879609)   #152
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
just think about... super GT cars have updates all new years (and a lot of updates during a single season)... DTM cars specs are "frozen updated spec" since the 2009. Next year new specs will be effective but is a shame that gt500 cars have to sacrifice their "soul" to become japanese dtm cars.
Old 12 May 2011, 23:04 (Ref:2879663)   #153
cptkablamo
Veteran

Australia
cptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes. I would have thought DTM changing to look more like Super GT would be a better option than the other way round...
Old 13 May 2011, 00:23 (Ref:2879676)   #154
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
just think about... super GT cars have updates all new years (and a lot of updates during a single season)... DTM cars specs are "frozen updated spec" since the 2009. Next year new specs will be effective but is a shame that gt500 cars have to sacrifice their "soul" to become japanese dtm cars.
Yes.
According to AUTOSPORT(Japanese), Aero parts is homologeted, and the update during the season is not admitted. However, the low drag spec aero parts for Fuji is expected to be permitted. In a word, only two versions of aero parts will be permitted during the season.
Old 13 May 2011, 03:13 (Ref:2879704)   #155
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
2011 SG Changi Lexus IS with new aero parts
http://plus-u.jp/blog/amasan/?p=3252
This machine is ex-Team Takeuchi's chasis.
http://turbohightechperformance.auto...-gt/index.html
RS Fine developed this aero parts for Team SG Changi.
It designed JAF-GT300 spec RX-7 and Lexus IS.
This aero parts was developed by using the knowhow of Amemiya RX-7.
Old 13 May 2011, 08:43 (Ref:2879751)   #156
DS"
Veteran

Germany
Germany
DS" should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Even though I can understand fears that the GT500 might lose their "soul", we'll have to wait how the 2012-spec DTM will look. And even then, we'll have to wait for a confirmation by the SuperGT organizers that they'll switch to DTM-spec cars.
Old 13 May 2011, 10:02 (Ref:2879773)   #157
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Lexus SC's new aero parts(wedge shaped side mirror, rear fender that doesn't cover tire!)
*These are standard spec aero parts for this season(not Fuji spec), according to AUTOSPORT magazine.
http://car.nifty.com/cs/car/sgtn/exp...0311330&idx=30
http://car.nifty.com/cs/car/sgtn/exp...0311330&idx=32
Fuji round photos
Qualifying day
http://car.nifty.com/cs/catalog/car_...30311330_1.htm
http://car.nifty.com/cs/catalog/car_...30311329_1.htm
Race day
http://car.nifty.com/cs/catalog/car_...01311406_1.htm
http://car.nifty.com/cs/catalog/car_...01311405_1.htm
Old 13 May 2011, 10:44 (Ref:2879794)   #158
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Is there any mention that Super GT will get DTM rules? They only say that DTM cars will be able to start in Japan and Super GT cars - in Europe.
Old 13 May 2011, 17:33 (Ref:2879966)   #159
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If DTM gets carbon tubs it sounds like they're going towards GT500 regs though?
Old 13 May 2011, 18:49 (Ref:2879992)   #160
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I always thought that DTM cars have used a lower carbon tub to form the driver's cockpit area and floor pan, and no production parts commonality.

And it seems that GT500 cars use a carbon tub with a steel tube rollcage (similar to DTM cars but more elablorate and leaning towards being more similar to the closed cockpit LMP cars like the Audi R18 and Peugeot 908), and only a few parts from the unitbody (roof and A-pillars) are carried over from the road car.

So it seems on the surface that the cars are already similar on broad terms, but the rules are so different in regards to chassis, engines, and aero that what I've said is about the only similarities between a DTM car and a Super GT GT500 car.

Of course, on thing that I've been wanting to ask if how much of the production car's chassis carries over on the post 2008 GT500s, because from '03-'08, the production chassis had to be used between the front and rear firewalls, and only neccessary reinforcements and a roll cage were allowed to be added as far as I understood.

Audi have said that by around July or so the "R17" A4 DTM car will be testing, and it's a new regs car, so we'll see what that my entail.
Old 13 May 2011, 19:07 (Ref:2879996)   #161
Ultimo
Veteran

Ultimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUltimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JS, is there any word about an LFA replacing the SC for next season? I hear rumours months ago but have heard nothing since.
Old 13 May 2011, 22:36 (Ref:2880074)   #162
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are the engine's rules of Super GT similar to LMP1?
Then perhaps the Subaru Legacy B4 could be use the 4 Cil. Turbo 2.0 derived WRC. What engine does use in GT300 now?
How will be the engine's rules of the future DTM/Super GT?
Old 13 May 2011, 22:41 (Ref:2880076)   #163
DS"
Veteran

Germany
Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
How will be the engine's rules of the future DTM/Super GT?
The DTM will continue to use 4l-V8s until 2014, then they will switch to smaller hybrid engines.
Old 14 May 2011, 02:26 (Ref:2880105)   #164
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
As much as I'd like to see the German manufacturers in SGT, I would rather see SGT stay as it is, part of the appeal of Super GT is its uniqueness, it has its own regs and cars that arent raced anywhere else in the world, I fear that may be lost in a Super GT/ DTM tie up.
Old 14 May 2011, 04:34 (Ref:2880116)   #165
The IC
Racer

Australia
The IC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
As much as I'd like to see the German manufacturers in SGT, I would rather see SGT stay as it is, part of the appeal of Super GT is its uniqueness, it has its own regs and cars that arent raced anywhere else in the world, I fear that may be lost in a Super GT/ DTM tie up.
If the GT500 cars were still different in engine and layout like they were a few years ago, id think the same thing, but with the current FR 3.4L V8 rules does it really matter that much now?
Old 14 May 2011, 04:48 (Ref:2880119)   #166
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The IC View Post
If the GT500 cars were still different in engine and layout like they were a few years ago, id think the same thing, but with the current FR 3.4L V8 rules does it really matter that much now?
True for GT500 (RIP NSX ) but I fear more for GT300, what will happen with the uniquenes and variety in that class, I hope it doesnt go the way of GT500 if this tie up actually happens.
Old 14 May 2011, 05:17 (Ref:2880120)   #167
The IC
Racer

Australia
The IC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
True for GT500 (RIP NSX ) but I fear more for GT300, what will happen with the uniquenes and variety in that class, I hope it doesnt go the way of GT500 if this tie up actually happens.
well...by the time GT500 and DTM sync up their rules properly, the GT300 class might mostly be comprised of FIA GT3 cars anyway
Old 14 May 2011, 08:31 (Ref:2880155)   #168
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimo View Post
JS, is there any word about an LFA replacing the SC for next season? I hear rumours months ago but have heard nothing since.

It is likely not to be replaced until 2013.
And, a new machine that adjusted to 2013 "united" regulations will become LFA.
Old 14 May 2011, 09:44 (Ref:2880175)   #169
DS"
Veteran

Germany
Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japanese Samurai View Post
It is likely not to be replaced until 2013.
And, a new machine that adjusted to 2013 "united" regulations will become LFA.
While the LFA could fit into DTM, as it has a front engine, the DTM organizers have stated that they prefer mid-sized coupes, such as the BMW M3, Audi A5 or Mercedes C-Class Coupe.

By the way, Aufrecht has stated that they will use coupes, because they are more popular in Japan. That sounds to me that they did a step towards the SuperGT organizers.
Old 14 May 2011, 11:49 (Ref:2880211)   #170
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
it's a shame that super gt 500 will transform in dtm and not the reverse, i like a lot more a "typical" gt500 aero/body shape than a dtm one.
How the new DTM cars will look is still unclear.

BMW will use the M3 and Audi the A5.
Old 14 May 2011, 15:17 (Ref:2880281)   #171
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Are you sure? Audi have made reference to the "R17" DTM car, and if I remember, they referred to in the PR as the "A4 DTM", but this was around the time that they first released info about the R18 LMP1 car (in fact, I think it's the same press release), but when you consider how much the Audi R18 has changed (slight but noticeable differences from the launch/early R&D cars), Audi could've changed their mind on the A/S5 vs the A/S4 for the DTM series next year, especially since it seems that DTM will actually encourage teams to run coupes again.

Strangely enough, there were rumors not only of DTM going to 5 liter engines for 2012 (which that now seems is unlikely), but that Super GT would allow four door cars to actually compete in GT500 in a couple of years time.

All is pretty much rumors and educated guessing until the rules are set in stone at this stage, as both series seems for the forseeable future to be sticking to their current packages.
Old 15 May 2011, 20:20 (Ref:2880772)   #172
danardif1
Rookie

danardif1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hi, first post, came here because this seems like one of the only places to talk about SuperGT!!

Have Honda fallen back a bit since last year? Both the GTR and SC430 were quick at Fuji... the main Toyota teams in particular carrying a very dramatic new aero kit.

Is there any reason why Team LeMans and Cerumo were not using the latest spec on their Lexus' (Lexi :P)? Surely it'd be worth Toyota giving each of their teams full 'works' cars...
Old 15 May 2011, 22:54 (Ref:2880829)   #173
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by danardif1 View Post
hi, first post, came here because this seems like one of the only places to talk about SuperGT!!

Have Honda fallen back a bit since last year? Both the GTR and SC430 were quick at Fuji... the main Toyota teams in particular carrying a very dramatic new aero kit.

Is there any reason why Team LeMans and Cerumo were not using the latest spec on their Lexus' (Lexi :P)? Surely it'd be worth Toyota giving each of their teams full 'works' cars...
There were a lot of spins of HSV during the race weekend. In addition, the trouble to which a front view became cloudy because of rain occurred in HSV. But top-speed of HSV was not inferior to that of SC and GTR.

The delivery time of new parts is not equal in Lexus teams. New parts are delivered in last year's most order of the point ranking.
Team CERMO has received the delivery of new rear fender. However, the side mirror seems not to have been delivered yet.
Team LeMans tried three kinds of rear fenders during the race weekend. In that, there was a rear fender with the rear skirt that looked alike to the shape of HSV.
Old 16 May 2011, 00:53 (Ref:2880863)   #174
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I think the cars will still retain their 'SuperGT look'. I think DTM cars will alter more than the SuperGT cars will. Excited to see if the LFA is used in 2012 or 2013 though, one of my favorite cars!
Old 18 May 2011, 11:11 (Ref:2882079)   #175
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Motor Fan Illustrated magazine reported the steering mechanism of GT500 machine. GTR adopts the hydraulic power steering system. On the other hand, HSV and Lexus SC adopt the electric power steering system. The steering shaft of Lexus SC goes between V-banks of the engine.